Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

PMBling
Topic Author

AIR CANADA PREMIUM ECONOMY YYZ – DXB ON BOEING 777-300ER

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Air Canada premium economy is a solid product and I would definitely recommend it for passengers that pre-dominantly fly coach. Given a right price-point, its great value to the additional cost and the seat comfort is a few notches better than regular economy seats. For those interested, a complete pictorial review with my thoughts and comments are at http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com/ai ... my-review/

Flt AC 56 Toronto (YYZ) – Dubai (DXB)
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300
Duration: 13hr 05min
Seat: 13D (Premium Economy, Aisle)

AIR CANADA PREMIUM ECONOMY BENEFITS:
Extra Legroom, Better Seats
Pitch: 37 inches vs 31 inches
Width: 20 inches vs 17 inches
Recline: 8 inches vs 6 inches
Zone 2 Priority Boarding
Amenity kit

lychemsa

Re: AIR CANADA PREMIUM ECONOMY YYZ – DXB ON BOEING 777-300ER

Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:42 pm

The meal looks awful. I got a better meal on South African Airways in regular economy. 34" legroom which was not bad.

However I admit that 37" + 20" width aint bad. However how much extra does it cost over regular economy? On United for $100 extra you can get 37" legroom which is a great deal.Though seat width is the same as regular.

PMBling
Topic Author

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Agreed - Real value of PE over regular Econ is only when the price point is worth it. When I bought the tkt, PE was cheaper than regular economy (wrote about it here - http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com/pr ... r-economy/ ) so seemed totally worth it :)
I have only flown PE with AC and DL, hands down AC experience was better. 37" + 20" + 8" (recline) makes a big difference imo. If it was just the legroom, I wouldn't bother..

KLAM

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:37 pm

lychemsa wrote:
The meal looks awful. I got a better meal on South African Airways in regular economy. 34" legroom which was not bad.

However I admit that 37" + 20" width aint bad. However how much extra does it cost over regular economy? On United for $100 extra you can get 37" legroom which is a great deal.Though seat width is the same as regular.

Air Canada meals tend to be on the awful side most of the times... People seem to like it, I find it tasteless, and awfully presented. Many people nowadays do not even care if they get served a pudding thick concoction in a disposable plate, though. Which is a shame, because eating is a pleasure.
flyOM

PerfectGriffin

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:39 pm

I have never found food on AC to be bad. But the portion sizes are too small though.

MarcoPoloWorld

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:14 am

How about sharing the full TR here, instead of an off-site divert?

Anyway, I flew in Premium Eco with AC on YVR-HKG myself recently, and found it ok. But one issue was that there was no separate drink service before the meal, and was annoying lunch was on our trays before we had reached cruising altitude.

christao17

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:02 am

lychemsa wrote:
On United for $100 extra you can get 37" legroom which is a great deal.Though seat width is the same as regular.

United's economy plus product has shrunk from 35-36 inches down to usually only 34 inches, just 3 more than regular economy. To the best of my knowledge, they have never offered a 37 inch pitch economy plus product.
More than a dozen years flying in and around Asia...

PMBling
Topic Author

Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:40 pm

MarcoPoloWorld wrote:
How about sharing the full TR here, instead of an off-site divert?

Anyway, I flew in Premium Eco with AC on YVR-HKG myself recently, and found it ok. But one issue was that there was no separate drink service before the meal, and was annoying lunch was on our trays before we had reached cruising altitude.

I try to put relevant pictures and info that avgeeks here would like. The only thing really missing is my commentary on the pictures. Will try and post it all going forward. Cheers!

Depending on the time of day/night, they sometimes merge the drinks and dinner service to expedite, in case passengers are eager to sleep. Odd that they would serve food before cruising altitude though..

ACCS300

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:19 pm

I think the meal looks fine for Y+, China and Silver, plus larger portions is about as good as it gets in Y+, seats look very nice, and separate cabin just behind J looks great.

11725Flyer

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:35 pm

The food looked terrible. But, thanks for sharing and posting the pictures!