Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

southsidesilver
Topic Author

JOINT TRIP REPORT - CX BUSINESS BKK - HKG A330

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Hey Everyone, welcome to another trip report. This time just a short hop from Bangkok to Hong Kong.

I met up with a fellow trip reporter at Bangkok airport and we took this flight together, it was a nice short flight, very enjoyable and always nice to be on a wide body for such a short flight.

Here is the the video Vlog trip report

https://youtu.be/5BLD0HpYsOM

And now the written one, a bit shorter than usual due to the short flight.

I had just arrived from Copenhagen on Norwegian airlines 787 and landed around 10.30AM, I then decided to head straight to the Cathay lounge to meet up with travelingfoody who had just arrived at the airport after being in Bangkok for a few days.

The Cathay Pacific business lounge was still looking great from my last visit, We decided to eat some lunch and have some drinks as we had a few hours until our flight to Hong Kong

We enjoyed a few celebratory glasses of champagne to kill the time

Before we knew it our time had come to leave the lounge and we took the long walk to our gate to await boarding,

We took a photo outside the lounge, me on the left and travelingfoody on the right

We arrived at our gate to be greeted by our reasonably new Airbus A330-300, being just under 5 years old.

We arrived a bit late and boarding had already started, we just joined the line/que with everyone else

Upon boarding we were greeted with a smile and informed where we could find our seats, we had decided to all sit behind each other, so we could all enjoy the window and aisle seats.

Today I was sitting in 14A

It's always nice to have a reverse herringbone seat

I took a quick look around the seat checking out the features,

I was then greeted and asked what I would like to drink before take off, I went with some Champagne to continue where we had started in the lounge

My Welcome drink also came with a hot towel

Before we knew it we were all closed up and ready for push back
I had not slept the night before on the flight from CPH, so my memory is very hazy about all we did that day

The safety video was then played,

The taxi took about 15 minutes and the captain informed us that the flight down had a few bumps and to keep our seatbelts on even with the light off.

Take off was very smooth as we climbed out of Bangkok

Once up into the cruise I took a look over today's menu

I had decided to give the fish option a try today, and Simon went with the beef

We had another round of drinks before our food choices were given,

It was obviously that we would go for more Champagne,

The crew then prepared our tables for lunch

The fish we pretty tasty, a bit watery but fine for a short flight,

Simon's beef looked like it tasted better

And then some Dessert

There had been a few small bumps in the first thirty minutes of the flight, but the weather on route had cleared up and we enjoyed a nice smooth ride the rest of the way.

I decided just to put my bed into flat mode to snap a few pictures, very nice for a flight time of just over two hours, but no use today.

The flight was very enjoyable and we had an awesome crew, I had flown all the way from London just to meet up with Simon and do this mini trip report. We did this as a test in order to then book some longer flights and do more detailed trip reports in the future.

It had been a great experience and we landed in Hong Kong and I made myself to the regal hotel to crash for the night after being up for a really long time.

I make videos about my airplane travels.

KruegerFlaps

Re: JOINT TRIP REPORT - CX BUSINESS BKK - HKG A330

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:54 am

Good trip report and once again, it is pleasing to see that you also wrote a report rather than simply posting a link to somewhere else. I do enjoy a good read.

The service seems reasonable for the flight duration. Is this one of the routes that CX plan to move over to Hong Kong Airlines? If so, it just as well you flew when you did.

Thanks for sharing.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783