ycp81
Topic Author

Autumn in Hokkaido and an SQ Suites Experience (FD, XJ, GK and SQ Suites)

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Early this month, I revisited Hokkaido for the autumn, making the 4 nights trip over a public holiday. This trip would be flown on a mix of mainly LCCs as well as a finale on my 1st ever flight in SQ Suites. Itinerary would be SIN-DMK-CTS-KIX-SIN. As SQ has upgraded one of the 2x daily flights to KIX to the A380 for the peak travel season, Suites availability was widely open for redemption, with 4 seats or more available on most days. KIX is definitely not a premium-heavy destination. However, before sharing on my Suites experience, lets first embark on the flights up to Sapporo on the AirAsia group.

The flight up to Japan was booked on a combination of Thai AirAsia and Thai AirAsiaX, needing a transit at Don Mueang. Did self check-in for the flight at Changi Terminal 4 and boarding passes for both flights were printed. Baggage were dropped off at the self-drop counters and would be checked through for the connecting flight.

Most of the departures from T4 were from the AirAsia group.

Passed through the centralised security screening into the departure hall. This afternoon, the terminal was busier than usual with travellers heading off for the weekend getaways.

Using my Priority Pass, I visited the Blossom Lounge, which is both a SATS Premier Lounge and a Plaza Premium Lounge. Other than CX passengers, all other full-service airlines' premium passengers in T4 are sent to this lounge.

Seating was plentiful and there were different seating options, such as individual pods, solo seats, sofas and dining areas.

There is a manned bar.

And a decent buffet selection.

Salad bar and cheeses

Alcohols, juices and snacks.

4 hot dishes and a soup.

Noodle bar offering Laksa and Vegetarian noodles.

Sandwiches and desserts.

Beverage area

Something to bite before the flight. The laksa was actually pretty good!

02 November 2018
Thai AirAsia
FD 354
Singapore (SIN) - Bangkok Don Mueang (DMK)
A320
HS-ABI
Economy Class
Flight Time: 2H15M

Upon reaching the gate, boarding had already commenced and we proceeded immediately to board. No surprises that it would be operated by one of the A320 workhorses.

The usual LCC black leather seats.

Boarding in progress

View out the window.

I was seated at the emergency exit row, which offered a comfortable legroom as compared to the rest of the tight rows. My Premium Flatbed fare had allowed free selection of the extra legroom seats on the A320 sectors as well.

Inflight magazines.

Boarding completed, and it was a very full flight. Only empty seats were at the emex rows.

Safety demo performed manually and we taxied out to the runway. Even though the taxi distance to Rwy02C was short, we had to hold for some time to allow aircraft ahead of us to depart and land.

Finally holding for departure. There was an SQ A330 beside, which was held at the position for quite a while since we started taxi. Not sure what went wrong with the aircraft.

Departing from Rwy02C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6wXBFiO_7M

Weather was not too good and it took a while before seatbelt signs were turned off. However, the bumps were light.

Service started and pre-booked meals were distributed.

My fare was inclusive of a meal and I pre-booked the ML Noi’s Basil Fried Chicken on Rice. It tasted meh... Lots of rice but miniscule proteins in a very watery sweet-tasting sauce. Nowhere near the authentic Thai Basil fried chicken, and this coming from the Thai unit of AirAsia. Came with a bottle of water. The catering standards on the various AirAsia units seemed inconsistent as I find the catering quality on the big brother Malaysia AirAsia to be superior, even for the same dishes.

The Thai Green Curry with Rice which my friend ordered was probably only slightly better.

Setting sun

Lavatory was basic. The single lav at the front of the aircraft was unoperational and the almost full flight had to use the 2 at the rear. Luckily it was only a short flight and not many passengers had the urge to use the lavs.

Cabin view

Soon, we were descending into Don Mueang and landed on Rwy21R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V25IspOqbBQ

Parked at the gate. No bussing needed this time round.

Disembarking and a look at my comfortable emex row seat.

Disembarked from the FD A320.

It was a run-of-the-mill LCC flight on AirAsia. Catering was mediocre (as as it looked) but comfort was enhanced with the spacious exit row seat, though I am sure the experience would not be as fun if I were to be stuck in the fully filled normal rows with limited seat pitch.
My past and future travels - http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/report.asp?handle=ycp81

ycp81
Topic Author

Re: Autumn in Hokkaido and an SQ Suites Experience (FD, XJ, GK and SQ Suites)

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:06 pm

With almost 5hrs to spare, we did a bit of lounge hopping at Don Mueang, first visiting the Miracle Lounge. Having seen and read rather great reviews of the Miracle Lounges at the main Suvarnabhumi Airport, the one at Don Mueang was nowhere near the quality of the ones at the main airport. Furnishing was basic and looked make-shift.

The buffet selection was not too bad though, offering a range of choices.

After about 2hrs at Miracle Lounge (Priority Pass members are limited to 2hrs per entry), we went over to the Coral Lounge. I had visited this lounge on my last transit via Don Mueang early this year and knew what to expect. Lounge décor was definitely much more pleasant than the Miracle Lounge.

Buffet consisted of finger food, warm mains, servings of pasta, desserts and beverages. Cocktails and alcoholic drinks are available from the bar.

My past and future travels - http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/report.asp?handle=ycp81

ycp81
Topic Author

Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:58 pm

40min prior to departure, we headed to the gate, where boarding had already commenced.

02 November 2018
Thai AirAsia X
XJ 620
Bangkok Don Mueang (DMK) - Sapporo New Chitose (CTS)
A330-300
HS-XTA
Premium Flatbed (Business Class)
Flight Time: 6H24M

XJ's 1st A330 aircraft, HS-XTA, would be operating the flight today. XJ is expanding rapidly this year and had acquired 3 additional aircraft, including a 'new' ex-SQ A330 (ex 9V-STA) which is still in the SQ seat configuration pending retrofit. The new aircraft (HS-XTI) is primarily operating on the DMK-NGO route, but was also deployed to CTS on the day before and after my flight. Missed the chance to fly on an ex-SQ cabin but AirAsiaX-operated flight, which would definitely be an interesting experience.

The Premium Flatbed cabin consists of 12 angled-flat beds, with plush pillows already placed on occupied seats. The cabin would only be 8/12 on this flight, and economy seemed not too full as well.

Each seat is equipped with a divider, reading lights and power ports.

Safety card. Inflight magazines were the same as the previous flight.

After boarding, hot towel and a bottle of water was distributed to each Premium Flatbed passenger.

Being a lightly loaded flight, doors were closed on schedule and we pushed back. Safety demo was again performed by the crew.

'Lotte world' liveried aircraft beside.

Passed TG aircraft parked at Don Mueang for maintenance/storage.

Departure from Rwy21L bound for Sapporo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=353QYCSXr2k

Quick visit to the lav upfront, which only had the basic amenities but was clean.

After takeoff, plush red duvets were given out for our use. Immediately, we reclined our seats flat and settled in for the red-eye. Crew also confirmed that we would be having our meals before arrival in Sapporo.

4hrs into the flight, I awoke to a breaking dawn.

It was soon bright outside. BOB service was conducted in economy at the back, but our small cabin remained dimmed. Crew would offer the meals only when we woke up, allowing us to maximise the sleeping time. A couple of pax only had their meals less than an hour to arrival.

Due to a website/app glitch, we were able to pre-order up to 3 meals each! I had the Kung Pao Chicken with Rice and Roasted Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce. The meals were served on a tray, along with a cup of coffee.

The Kung Pao Chicken with Rice fell short of expectations, and was hardly authentic. Think Chinese takeaway food in the US.

The Roasted Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce was a better choice definitely. At least the chicken pieces were still juicy.

My friend had the Tasty Grilled Chicken with Baked Jasmine Rice and Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak.

The grilled chicken with rice was decent, but the nasi lemak was nowhere near the version served on Malaysia AirAsia.

We also shared a Vegetable Stew with Rice Pilaf. 2 mouthfuls and I left it.... It just tasted weird....

After our meals were cleared, we were already leaving Honshu and crossing into Hokkaido.

Flying past the city of Hakodate as we started the descent.

Along the coastline of Hokkaido as we descend into Chitose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAj6RCz6pU4

Flew pass Chitose airport during the approach. Pillows and duvet were also collected by the crew.

Approach and landing on Rwy19L.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7K04_PdYyY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7K04_PdYyY[/url]

Quite a lengthy taxi to the international terminal, passing the busy domestic terminal.

Parked beside TG's B744, which is the 1st international arrival of the day and the other sole aircraft at the international terminal.

Final view of my seat while awaiting to disembark.

Peek of the aircraft.

AirAsia X offers a comfortable premium hardware with basic amenities, which is what you would be paying for essentially. Service and catering is definitely no match with the full-service carriers, but you are not paying for them for the cost of the ticket. When at an attractive fare, I would definitely fly on AirAsia X again on mid-haul flights as at least it offered more comfort over the economy cabins.

ycp81
Topic Author

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Immigration and baggage reclaim was fast as the earlier TG flight had cleared. We then proceeded to the domestic terminal to catch the train direct to Otaru, where we would stay for a night. The train ride from Chitose to Otaru was slightly more than an hour.

Arriving at Otaru and being too early to check into the hotel, we deposited the luggage at the hotel, and crossed the street to Sankaku Market for some seafood goodness!

Lunch shall be at a very popular seafood don store within the market. There was a 30min wait for a table, but it was very worth it for the freshness and quality. I had a big bowl of crab and ikura, with a side of crab miso soup and grilled cod (unfortunately I am not a sashimi person).

After lunch, we sent about exploring Otaru. Weather was perfect and the autumn leaves are vivid.

Along the famed canal and warehouses.

The shopping street of Otaru.

Historical monuments along the street.

Having Le'tao limited edition milk and pumpkin softee.

Stayed at Dormy Inn Premium for the night. The room was compact, but reasonably comfortable with all necessary amenities available. The hotel was had hot springs for guests' use and was very popular with domestic Japanese tourists.

View from the hotel room, overlooking Otaru train station and the town.

Dinner was at Naruto Honten, a very popular restaurant for its fried chicken.

The hotel offered all guests a free serving of hot soya flavoured soba noodles after 930pm, which is warming and very popular as well.

The next morning, breakfast was a buffet at the hotel restaurant, which was included in the room rate. The hotel is also famous for its breakfast seafood buffet, which included a selection of seafood items, such as unlimited servings of ikura, salmon and shrimp on rice, apart from the standard breakfast fare.

A snapshot of my first serving from the breakfast buffet.

Before departure from Otaru, we had some delicious Le'tao cakes from the Le'tao café just beside our hotel.

Hopped back onto the train for the 40min ride to Sapporo, where we would be staying at La' gent Hotel for 2 nights. This relatively new hotel offered very comfortable and spacious rooms, as well as offering hot springs too for guests. A very recommended hotel in Sapporo.

Late lunch was at Suage, which is my favourite soup curry chain in Sapporo. They had recently also opened a branch in Singapore.

Sapporo streets and city tram.

Heading to Odori Park for the autumn scenes.

Autumn in Odori

Streets of Sapporo are definitely not as busy as Tokyo or Osaka.

Having a crab feast at Kani-ya in Susukino. The king and snow crabs were prepared in various ways, such as sashimi, boiled, grilled, sukiyaki etc.

The next morning, we headed to Nijo market.

Other than crabs, other types of seafood were also sold at Nijo Market.

Seasonal fruits are available as well.

A bowl of seafood don at Ohiso.

I simply loved the baked cheese tart, silky milk softee and the limited edition custard apple pie from Kinotoya Bake!!

More bright autumn leaves near the government offices.

Within the Hokkaido Government Office compound, with all shades of autumn colours.

Hokkaido University compound.

We went to Sapporo Beer Museum and Garden for dinner.

Had the popular Gengis Khan BBQ buffet, and opted for the seafood-inclusive buffet. For the price of the buffet and unlimited servings of lamb and crabs, it was definitely worth it.

vhtje

Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Great report! I am hungry now though after reading it!
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

ycp81
Topic Author

Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Early the next morning, we took the airport limousine bus to head to the airport. The flight to Kansai is scheduled to depart at 1055am.

New Chitose Airport's domestic terminal is also a shopping mall and market, selling all sorts of Hokkaido treats, souvenirs and even live seafood!

The JetStar Japan and AirAsia Japan check-in counters were located right at the far end of the terminal.

Boarding pass was printed at the self-check-in kiosks and bags dropped off at the counters. The agents were very strict with the weight of carry-ons and weighed each and every one.

After clearing security, we proceeded down a level to the bus gate as the aircraft was parked at the remote stand today. Boarding has also just commenced.

On the bus ride to our A320.

06 November 2018
Jetstar Japan
GK 152
Sapporo New Chitose (CTS) - Osaka Kansai (KIX)
A320
JA08JJ
Economy Class
Flight Time: 1H58M

Boarding through the stairs.

Welcomed by the friendly Jetstar crew. JetStar Japan's aircraft is fitted similar to the rest of the JetStar franchises, with black leather slimline seats and orange accented cabin.

Boarding in progress. The flight was not too full and there were quite a number of empty seats scattered around. As always in Japan, boarding was very efficiently completed.

LCC-standard legroom, but not the worst out there.

View from the window.

The seat pocket materials.

Safety card, with the cute Jetstar Japan mascot.

Taking a look at the BOB menu.

Doors closed and we pushed back. Safety demo was performed by the crew in Japanese, but announcements were made both in Japanese and English.

Taxied to Rwy01L for departure.

Departed from Rwy01L bound for Osaka Kansai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWDkBe7J-p0

After seatbelt signs were turned off, it was time for the inflight 'meal'. Nope, this was not offered on Jetstar, but purchased from one of the many shops selling bento sets in the airport terminal. And yes, it was an ikura and crab don again. I believe all Japanese airlines, full-service and LCCs alike, allow passengers to consume their own food onboard as it was not mentioned in the inflight magazine, BOB menu or announcements that this is prohibited. Also, all the Japanese airlines do not offer meal service in economy class on all domestic routes. And they do trust that Japanese travellers would not make a mess out of their bring-on-board food.

It was very cloudy below almost all the way till Osaka.

BOB service commenced. All crew, in Japanese style, were very courteous and polite.

As out tickets were inclusive of 500yen of F&B credit each, we used the total of 1000yen to purchase a Jetstar dorayaki and hot green tea set (500yen) and an instant hot porridge (500yen).

The very cute Jetstar dorayaki with red bean filling.

And the msg-laden but tasty instant rice porridge.

Visit to the lavatory, which had the basic amenities.

Cabin from the rear.

There was nothing else to do and nothing to see out the windows apart from thick clouds below till we were approaching Osaka.

The leisurely approach into Kansai was pretty scenic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2prAE1Oho0

A smooth landing in Osaka Kansai Rwy06L ahead of schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3_wEtzNLwY

Taxied to Terminal One.

Parked at the domestic hall of the terminal.

Disembarking and final look of the aircraft.

Jetstar offered a very decent domestic offering within Japan. Cabin was clean and spotless, crew were polite and professional, and BOB choices was sufficient for the short-hauls the airline operates within Japan. Overall experience was very consistent with the Jetstar brand.

ANA B738 at Kansai.

Baggage claim.

Had a simple, cheap and tasty lunch at Matsuya within Kansai Airport.

For the overnight in Kansai, we stayed at Stargate Hotel Kansai, which was a stop by train from Kansai Airport. Was upgraded to a Corner Double, which was a bigger sized room with huge bath area, and offered splendid views towards the bay and the city from my room at the 48th floor. The hotel was perfect for a short walk to the Rinku outlets, as well as nearby a huge drug store and a 24hrs supermarket for last minute groceries shopping.

View towards Rinku outlets.

Towards the Osaka outskirts.

The Rinku ferris wheel.

Of course, some outlet shopping had to be done at Rinku!

Dinner was a tempura meal at Mametora within Rinku Premium Outlets.

View that greeted me in the morning.

allrite

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:03 am

Really enjoyed your report, especially after visiting Hokkaido in October. Those AirAsia meals do not look appetising and not too different from similarly named dishes we were served on Malaysian AirAsia/AirAsiaX flights. So disappointing.

Interesting how you boarded via stairs on your Jetstar flight at CTS and used the jetbridge at KIX, the opposite to us on the reverse flight!
I like artificial banana essence!

ycp81
Topic Author

Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:16 am

Kansai airport could be seen in the distance from my hotel room.

Checked out of the hotel before 9am to catch the 9am free shuttle to Kansai airport. It was only a 10min bus ride to Kansai, and 10min to the experience which all Avgeeks would die for, the Suites experience on Singapore Airlines! For the peak winter schedule, SQ had upgraded one of the twice daily flights (which will go up to both dailies for a month from mid-Dec) to the A380 and with this, Suites Class was offered on the KIX route. In fact, this is the only destination in Japan which offers Suites. And KIX being a premium-light route compared to Tokyo, Suites Savers redemption was widely available (4 seats or more per A380 flight up for Savers redemption) and hence I jumped at the opportunity and upgraded my Business ticket to Suites! Suites was so 'unpopular' that Business Class redemptions were only on waitlist for both Saver and Advantage redemptions, but Suites redemption was immediately available for confirmation.

Arrived at SQ's check-in counters and proceeded straight to the Golden check-in row which had no queue. Comparatively, there were long queues at the Business and Economy counters.

Check-in completed, and got my 1st every Golden ticket! According to the JAL check-in agent, Suites would be 5/12 today.

Suites passengers were provided with the Fast Lane pass (I recalled Business passengers were not provided with this), as well as JAL Sakura lounge or 2000yen meal voucher, similar to Business Class offering.

Heading to the Fast Lane security clearance.

After the efficient security and immigration, we were at the airside. The departure level overlooks the domestic hall.

Instead of heading to the JAL Sakura Lounge, I grabbed a bite at a Japanese restaurant using the voucher credit instead.

After some final duty-free shopping, we took the shuttle train to the far end gates where international flights would depart from. Our magnificent whale was all readied for the flight back to Singapore.

The gate area was crowded with passengers, which means that the flight must be pretty full at the back.

An area towards the boarding gate was reserved for premium passengers.

Ground staff all prepared for boarding.

07 November 2018
Singapore Airlines
SQ 619
Osaka Kansai (KIX) - Singapore (SIN)
A380-800
9V-SKK
Suites Class
Flight Time: 6H05M

After passengers needing assistance were boarded, the ground staff invited Suites passengers which they had identified earlier to board. Into the whale!

Made a left turn at the 1st aerobridge and welcomed by the crew at the door. We were personally escorted to our suites. For this flight, my suite would be at the window 3F. 3A/F offers 3 windows in each suite, compared to the other window suites which only have 2 each.

My private space for the next 6.5hrs!

The Suites crew came around to welcome and introduce themselves. As this would be my 1st time in Suites, the crew also made the effort to do a brief introduction of the seat features. Even though this was the old suites, it was still perfectly comfortable and easy to figure out the nooks and crannies.

IFE handset, seat controls, some storage and a litter bin. The power outlets and more storage are at the other side (which I forgot to take a picture of).

A large sized pillow and a blanket was already placed on the ottoman. The crew came round to remove the blanket wrapper and offered to assist to cover you up if you would like. Hmm, not too used to such personal service haha.

The reading materials. The Silver Kris magazine article title totally described my life now!

Hot towels were offered and welcome beverages offered. Shall go with the Dom Perignon before departure! I am no wine connoisseur but the Dom is definitely easier to drink than the Charles Heidsiek in Business. Nuts and are glass of water were also offered.

I had no chance to finish up the champagne as the crew reappeared to top up my champagne flute whenever the champagne level went low.

The new Bang & Olufsen’s Beoplay H9i wired headphones and leather-bounded menu were offered. Selection of newspapers and magazines were also offered.

Across from my suite. It was pretty empty with only 5/12 in Suites.

View from the window.

Safety video played prior to pushback. With so much space and the distance between the seat and tv screen, it certainly does made the screen look small. First world problems...

Pushed back and given the traditional Japanese farewell from the ground crew.

Taxied to the runway while crew cleared the glasses and dishes.

Departed from Rwy06R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvzuGew_ff0

Flying pass Kobe airport.

Flying in great weather.

After having so much liquids since boarding, I rushed to the restroom immediately after seatbelt signs were turned off. There are 2 lavatories for Suites passengers, and they were not too fanciful compared to some of the 'bling bling' airlines. Toiletries were well stocked and Lalique-branded amenities were offered.

View of the Suites cabin and my seat. Still very classic and glamourous after all these years.

More champagne post departure. This time round, I swapped for the Krug.

Krug was very good too, very smooth to the palate. Can't decide which is better, Dom or Krug. It appeared that I was the only passenger drinking Krug (or champagne for the matter) and the crew cheekily commented that I could have the whole bottle if I wanted. Nope, that is too much alcohol for me! Guess some of you must be thinking "how can there be too much of Krug!"

Crew also came round to offer amenities, starting with the Lalique slippers, which the crew removed from the packaging and placed on the floor.

As our scheduled flight time was 7h10m, we were eligible for pyjamas and amenity kits as well (offered on day flights of over 7hrs), and a full set was brought to me, along with socks and eyeshades.

Contents of the male kit, which included lip balm, lotion, bar soap (?) and a candle (???). Accompanied with the SQ Dreamliner teddies!

For the female kit, there were lip balm, lotions and a perfume.

Satay was served and it was very good as usual.

Bliss in the sky is drinking Krug with a movie.

Checking out the signature A380 stairways to the 'lowly' Business cabin haha. Heaven is definitely not up there.

As the pair of middle seats at 3C/D remained empty, I checked if the crew could covert it into my 'bedroom' while 3F remained as the seating/dining area. No problem, and in no time, they were converting the 2 middle suites into a double bed suite.

Double bed made up, with fluffy pillows and soft, comfortable duvets.

The bed was very comfortable too, much better than any of the SQ Business Class flat beds.

I had requested for lunch to be served 2hrs after takeoff, and when it was ready for lunch, I went back to my dining suite.

A view of the menu for the flight.

Champagne, wines and other alcohols.

The non-alcohols, coffees and teas.

Even though I had pre-booked the Kyo Kaiseki meal prior to the flight, I requested if I could have the caviar from the international menu to start. No problem, and Chilled Malossol Caviar was presented as the starter before the Kyo Kaiseki starter was brought out. Crew also offered a chilled vodka with the caviar, but I declined.

Trying to appreciate the salty fish eggs. I certainly do not have an expensive tongue.

Starting with the appetisers (Sakizuke and Mukuozuke). It was paired with a very good sake. Refer to the menu posted earlier for the items as I was also figuring out what I was eating from the menu. Some of the items sounded weird but all were actually quite tasty.

Next was the oshinogi, or noodles course. Cold udon with soba sauce, mackerel sushi and side vegetables. Very good too.

Next is the Futamono course, which consisted of Braised Kurobuta pork belly. This was delicious, with melt-in-the-mouth and flavourful proteins! The beetroot puree added a different dimension to the meat as well.

The inflight manager came round to recommend a red wine to go with the pork. It was a very smooth wine indeed and paired well. "More wine?" after I had finished my glass. Apparently no one else was drinking wines in the Suites cabin and the crew were keen to sell the excellent wines.

The rest of the hot courses arrived. Yakimono, Gohan, Kounomono and Tome-***. These were good and light after the heavier meat course.

And finally the dessert course. Requested for both the International and Japanese desserts (yes, I have a very sweet tooth), which the crew gladly prepared. The whole meal service was very well-paced according to individual passenger, allowing sufficient time to savour the food.

The international dessert was the Warm orange financier cake with chocolate ice-cream. It was sinful but great.

In contrast, the Japanese selection of Yuzu cake with yuzu sorbet was a lighter option and could serve as a palate cleanser. Also had a genmai tea with the dessert.

To end the meal service, the crew offered cheeses and fruits. I declined the cheeses and just had a melon. Pralines were also offered and I ordered a Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee to finish.

After the awesome meal, I hopped over back to the double bed suite, where a bottle of evian was already placed beside the bed.

As the bed was so comfortable and the cabin temperature was cool enough to snuggle under the duvet, I was soon fell asleep for more than an hour.

When I woke up, we were just 40min away from landing. Requested for another Blue Mountain prior to descend, and luckily it was delivered just before the seatbelt signs came on and things started to get a bit bumpy.

Descending into Singapore. My 'Suite' life was about to end soon.

Without any hold, we descended rapidly, approached and landed on Rwy20R almost 30min ahead of schedule. This could be one of the rare times when I wished my flight would not land early.

Video of the landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4TxadBbPJY

Just a short taxi to the gate at T3.

Last look at the luxurious and grand suite.

Disembarked. Just a small nit-pick here. The first few economy passengers had disembarked from Door 2 prior to the Suites passengers from Door 1. Another first world problem haha.

Verdict: It was a wonderful experience flying on SQ Suites. Service was exceptionally personal and professional, catering was wonderful on this flight, and the hardware certainly stood the test of time and remained very comfortable and luxurious. It was definitely a fantastic and memorable flight, and I am certainly looking forward to my next Suites experience on SQ!

Thanks for reading and your comments are welcomed!

ycp81
Topic Author

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:06 pm

allrite wrote:
Really enjoyed your report, especially after visiting Hokkaido in October. Those AirAsia meals do not look appetising and not too different from similarly named dishes we were served on Malaysian AirAsia/AirAsiaX flights. So disappointing.

Interesting how you boarded via stairs on your Jetstar flight at CTS and used the jetbridge at KIX, the opposite to us on the reverse flight!

Yes, the AirAsia meals were very disappointing. I remembered they were better last time, at least on Malaysia AirAsia.

Not sure why my Jetstar flight was parked at the remote when they are many available gates. When I arrived at Chitose days earlier, a Jetstar plane was parked at the gate.

KLASM83

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 am

What a wonderfully comprehensive report! Loved the variety of airlines you've flown on and I'm now very hungry!
Don't you want to hang out and waste your life with us?