evangrady64
Topic Author

Aeroflot A321 Moscow-St. Petersburg (SVO-LED)

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:05 am

Hi everyone, this is my third trip report in this forum. I want to share my great experience and some photos (including on board the Aeroflot flight). I took this trip nearly 2 years ago. Actually, this leg of the flight (SVO-LED) was continued from my earlier trip report. If you haven't read it, kindly visit this link below :smile: :

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1413499

I spent two days in Moscow. It was summer at that time with warm, humid condition and temperature varied between 12 to 26 degrees Celsius. Because I live in tropical country (Indonesia), I felt that the weather was pleasant and not too hot. I visited some interesting and historical places in Moscow, such as : Moscow Metro Subway, Moscow Kremlin, Armoury Chamber, Moscow Cathedral, Bell Tower of Ivan the Great, and St. Basil's Cathedral.

Moscow Metro Subway, the grandest subway in the world with classic architecture style.

Moscow Kremlin, center place for Russian government, photos including Red Square.

Armoury Chamber, place for storing valuables in Tsar era. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take photos inside. I also visited the Moscow Cathedral and was able to take photos there.

Bell Tower of Ivan the Great.

St. Basil's Cathedral, the iconic place in Moscow.

After spending two days and one night in Moscow, the next morning I took a domestic flight bound for St. Petersburg.

Flight details :
Day and date : Saturday, 24th of June 2017
Airline : Aeroflot
Aircraft type : Airbus A321
Flight origin : Sheremetyevo International Airport, Moscow (SVO)
Flight destination : Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg (LED)
Time of departure : 09.50 (UTC+3)
Time of arrival : 11.15 (UTC+3)
Flight duration : 1 h 25 m

Morning view of the airport.

I sat in economy class, each seats was equipped with in-flight magazines.

Aeroflot Airbus A321 safety card (in Russian and English).

View inside the cabin.

Waiting for pushback.

The plane took off from Sheremetyevo International Airport.

In-flight snacks in paper bag served on this morning flight (cold sandwich with ham and lettuce, yoghurt, and chocolate). Their taste were okay.

After arrived in St. Petersburg, I continued to visit some of the historical places such as palaces and cathedrals. Below was the photo of Peterhof.

I also visited Grand Palace and Cascades (summer palace with great architecture and beautiful garden). I didn't take photos inside the palace since it wasn't allowed. Then, I visited St. Isaac Cathedral.

The next morning, I began my day with cruising on the Neva River (absolutely beautiful view along the river).

Then, I continued to visit Hermitage Museum which used to be winter palace but now have been converted to biggest art museum in the world.

I think that this is the end part for my report. Thanks for reading, I hope you like it. See you on my other trip reports :wave:.

Cush

Re: Aeroflot A321 Moscow-St. Petersburg (SVO-LED)

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:40 pm

Awesome report! I love Saint Petersburg. I have been there many times and it's by far my favorite city in the world. What made you decide to travel to Russia?
Fly me to the moon let me play among the stars.

directorguy

Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:05 pm

Love the report and the pics. Russia has been on my radar for a while- hope I get to go!

evangrady64
Topic Author

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:45 am

Cush wrote:
Awesome report! I love Saint Petersburg. I have been there many times and it's by far my favorite city in the world. What made you decide to travel to Russia?

Thanks, that's my favorite city too. I decided to travel there because I have heard that Russia has a lot of historical places to be visited.

evangrady64
Topic Author

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:47 am

directorguy wrote:
Love the report and the pics. Russia has been on my radar for a while- hope I get to go!

Thanks dude! I hope you will get a chance to go there soon.