Ishrion
Topic Author

A Spring Break Down South Pt 2: American Airlines 737-800 Economy Class St. Maarten To Philadelphia - Video Trip Report

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:09 pm

Link To Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1420387

Full American Airlines Trip Report 737-800 Economy From SXM to PHL including takeoff/landing: https://youtu.be/SWiw-13q0mI

I visited St. Maarten to see the famous Maho Beach. I was able to watch an Air France and Air Caraibes A330 land at the beach.

The next day, I headed to the airport to fly to Philadelphia.

[Flight Information]
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Airline: American Airlines
Date: March 2019
Flight Time: 3 hours 40 minutes
To: Philadelphia (PHL)

- Arrived at the airport. Everything was pretty chaotic.

- Security took nearly an hour. Extremely crowded with only 2 lanes and 1 security checkpoint.

- Everything was under construction basically... we were all on the lower level of the airport, which again, was chaotic.

- No WiFi surprisingly, so we couldn't check the status of some flights.

- We eventually boarded and walked onto the apron and used stairs to board the 737.

- I had a standard economy seat with 31 inches of pitch. The seat did not feature Personal Entertainment screens as it was an older aircraft. This was not an Oasis Configuration either. It did feature the Boeing Sky Interior though.

- Before pushback, I saw the Air France A330 land from my seat. Really great to see it from another perspective.

- Taxied to Runway 10 for takeoff.

- We had a beautiful and smooth takeoff with a sharp right turn shortly after takeoff.

- Eventually we were served the standard Biscoff cookies and choice of drink.

- I fell asleep shortly after. I didn't wake up until descent.

- Upon descent, there was an amazing sunset.

- When we landed, I spotted an American Airlines 737 MAX. The footage in the video was filmed one or two days after the MAX was grounded. It surprisingly didn't disrupt our travel plans too much.

Summary
Simple flight on American. The economy seat felt a bit tighter than usual for 31 inches of pitch. It's unfortunate that we didn't have personal entertainment screens on this longer flight.

Previous Trip Reports:
American Airlines 737-800 Business Class Philadelphia to St. Maarten: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1420387
American Airlines 777-300 Business Class New York JFK to London: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1420789
American Eagle CRJ-900 First Class Philadelphia to Cincinnati:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1421299
American Airlines 767-300 Business Class Zurich to Philadelphia: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1422345
American Airlines 737-800 First Class Dallas/Fort Worth to Orange County:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1422417
American Eagle E-175 First Class Los Angeles to Omaha: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1423337
American Airlines MD-80 Main Cabin Extra Omaha to Dallas/Fort Worth: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1424695
American Airlines A321neo First Class Phoenix to Anchorage: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1426019
American Airlines A321neo Main Cabin Extra Anchorage to Phoenix:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1426813