Link To Full Trip Report With Takeoff/Landing: https://youtu.be/x7qQB2rHhFk
This is the second trip in a four part series of my trip to Asia.
The four flights feature:
- American Airlines 787-9 Business Class LAX-HND (Pt. 1) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1427951
- EVA Air A330-300 Economy Class HND-TSA (This)
- Cathay Pacific 777-300 Economy Class TPE-HKG (Next)
- American Airlines 777-300ER First Class HKG-DFW
Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
Airline: EVA Airlines
Date: Early June 2019
Flight Time: 2 hours 52 minutes
From: Tokyo Haneda International Airport (HND)
To: Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA)
After visiting Tokyo for a bit, I connected onto Taipei Songshan with EVA Air.
- Tokyo Haneda's international terminal is very beautiful, modern, and clean.
- The international terminal features an observation deck that gives a solid view of the airport and the domestic terminal across the runways.
- After arriving at the gate, we boarded the plane. First impressions of the seat were rather positive. They looked clean and nice.
- Sat down and noticed the legroom was pretty tight. Seat was an average economy seat featuring an adjustable headrest, IFE, earbuds, USB port, etc.
- Departed on time and taxied out to the runway and took off into the rain.
- It was a turbulent takeoff and ascent due to the rain and storms in the Tokyo area.
- About an hour after takeoff, we were served a meal. I chose a chicken dish which came with rice and vegetables. It came with some fruit, a dessert, and a roll.
- It tasted alright. The chicken was nice and flavorful, but the vegetables were bland.
- I noticed my IFE screen was very unresponsive. I had to press hard and it took a few seconds to register my actions.
- I fell asleep after that, but I woke up sweating. The cabin was very hot.
- Soon we began our approach into Taipei and we had a very smooth landing. Upon landing, I was able to spot the beautiful Grand Hotel.
- While we were taxiing to our gate, I saw the famous Taipei 101. I visited there during my stay in Taipei.Summary
Overall, fairly average flight. Very sufficient food for a 3 hour flight. It was unfortunate that the seat felt a bit tight and the IFE was unresponsive. The hot cabin made it difficult to sleep.
Thanks for reading/watching. Please leave any feedback you may have.Previous Trip Reports:Summer 2018 to Spring 2019 American Airlines 737-800 Business Class Philadelphia to St. Maarten: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1420387
American Airlines 777-300 Business Class New York JFK to London: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1420789
American Eagle CRJ-900 First Class Philadelphia to Cincinnati: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1421299 American Airlines 767-300 Business Class Zurich to Philadelphia: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1422345
American Airlines 737-800 First Class Dallas/Fort Worth to Orange County: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1422417American Eagle E-175 First Class Los Angeles to Omaha: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1423337
American Airlines MD-80 Main Cabin Extra Omaha to Dallas/Fort Worth: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1424695Summer 2019American Airlines A321neo First Class Phoenix to Anchorage: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1426019
American Airlines A321neo Main Cabin Extra Anchorage to Phoenix: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1426813
American Airlines 787-9 Business Class Los Angeles to Tokyo HND: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1427951