Ishrion
Topic Author

EVA Air A330-300 Economy Class Tokyo (HND) to Taipei (TSA) - A Trip To Asia Pt. 2 - Video Trip Report

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:26 pm

Link To Full Trip Report With Takeoff/Landing: https://youtu.be/x7qQB2rHhFk

This is the second trip in a four part series of my trip to Asia.

The four flights feature:
- American Airlines 787-9 Business Class LAX-HND (Pt. 1) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1427951
- EVA Air A330-300 Economy Class HND-TSA (This)
- Cathay Pacific 777-300 Economy Class TPE-HKG (Next)
- American Airlines 777-300ER First Class HKG-DFW

[Flight Information]
Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
Airline: EVA Airlines
Date: Early June 2019
Flight Time: 2 hours 52 minutes
To: Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA)
Seat: 25A

After visiting Tokyo for a bit, I connected onto Taipei Songshan with EVA Air.

- Tokyo Haneda's international terminal is very beautiful, modern, and clean.

- The international terminal features an observation deck that gives a solid view of the airport and the domestic terminal across the runways.

- After arriving at the gate, we boarded the plane. First impressions of the seat were rather positive. They looked clean and nice.

- Sat down and noticed the legroom was pretty tight. Seat was an average economy seat featuring an adjustable headrest, IFE, earbuds, USB port, etc.

- Departed on time and taxied out to the runway and took off into the rain.

- It was a turbulent takeoff and ascent due to the rain and storms in the Tokyo area.

- About an hour after takeoff, we were served a meal. I chose a chicken dish which came with rice and vegetables. It came with some fruit, a dessert, and a roll.

- It tasted alright. The chicken was nice and flavorful, but the vegetables were bland.

- I noticed my IFE screen was very unresponsive. I had to press hard and it took a few seconds to register my actions.

- I fell asleep after that, but I woke up sweating. The cabin was very hot.

- Soon we began our approach into Taipei and we had a very smooth landing. Upon landing, I was able to spot the beautiful Grand Hotel.

- While we were taxiing to our gate, I saw the famous Taipei 101. I visited there during my stay in Taipei.

Summary
Overall, fairly average flight. Very sufficient food for a 3 hour flight. It was unfortunate that the seat felt a bit tight and the IFE was unresponsive. The hot cabin made it difficult to sleep.

Thanks for reading/watching. Please leave any feedback you may have.

Previous Trip Reports:
Summer 2018 to Spring 2019
American Airlines 737-800 Business Class Philadelphia to St. Maarten: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1420387
American Airlines 777-300 Business Class New York JFK to London: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1420789
American Eagle CRJ-900 First Class Philadelphia to Cincinnati:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1421299
American Airlines 767-300 Business Class Zurich to Philadelphia: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1422345
American Airlines 737-800 First Class Dallas/Fort Worth to Orange County:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1422417
American Eagle E-175 First Class Los Angeles to Omaha: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1423337
American Airlines MD-80 Main Cabin Extra Omaha to Dallas/Fort Worth:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1424695

Summer 2019
American Airlines A321neo First Class Phoenix to Anchorage: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1426019
American Airlines A321neo Main Cabin Extra Anchorage to Phoenix: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1426813
American Airlines 787-9 Business Class Los Angeles to Tokyo HND:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1427951

WROORD

Re: EVA Air A330-300 Economy Class Tokyo (HND) to Taipei (TSA) - A Trip To Asia Pt. 2 - Video Trip Report

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 pm

Very nice trip report. I like Haneda more than Narita, more restaurants and it feels more airy. TSA is surprisingly busy for a small airport. I took a short hop from here to Hualien on now defunct TransAsia ATR72. The weather in that region is very unpredictable. I know it is a short flight but I would think you have more service coming from EVA.

Ishrion
Topic Author

Re: EVA Air A330-300 Economy Class Tokyo (HND) to Taipei (TSA) - A Trip To Asia Pt. 2 - Video Trip Report

Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:31 am

WROORD wrote:
Very nice trip report. I like Haneda more than Narita, more restaurants and it feels more airy. TSA is surprisingly busy for a small airport. I took a short hop from here to Hualien on now defunct TransAsia ATR72. The weather in that region is very unpredictable. I know it is a short flight but I would think you have more service coming from EVA.

Thanks! Haneda’s great. Very nice shops on the upper floors.