Link To Full Trip Report With Takeoff/Landing: https://youtu.be/cKw0PqpEMGs
This is the final trip in a four part series of my trip to Asia.
The four flights feature:
- American Airlines 787-9 Business Class LAX-HND (Pt. 1) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1427951
- EVA Air A330-300 Economy Class HND-TSA (Pt. 2) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1428983
- Cathay Pacific 777-300 Economy Class TPE-HKG (Pt. 3) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1430001
- American Airlines 777-300ER First Class HKG-DFW (This)
✈ Aircraft: 777-300ER
✈ Registration: N734AR
✈ Airline: American Airlines
✈ Date: Early June 2019
✈ Flight Time: 14 hours and 25 minutes
✈ From: Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
✈ To: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
✈ Seat: 2D
- After arriving in Hong Kong from Taipei Taoyuan, I was supposed to have a 5 hour layover for me 2:20 p.m. flight to Dallas/Fort Worth.
- However, the flight was delayed 17 hours due to the inbound aircraft from LAX.
- AA rotates it’s 77W on a LAX-HKG-DFW pattern, so the inbound aircraft was delayed 15 hours, resulting in our 17 hour delay.
- I messaged AA’s twitter and they said LAX-HKG was delayed due to aircraft maintenance issues. I’m assuming this had to do with the mechanics union (June 2019).
- We had to stay a day in Hong Kong until tomorrow’s 7 a.m departure
- I soon boarded the aircraft to my first class seat, 2D
- AA is the last U.S. carrier to offer international first class.
- AA’s first class is arranged in a spacious 1-2-1 configuration. The seats aren’t too private though compared to its 77W business class.
- Departed on time and taxied quickly to the runway. Takeoff footage is in the video link above.
- After takeoff, meal service began.
- There were no menus on this flight, most likely due to the delay. I researched the meals and I believe I got a close representation to each dish.
- The FAs came around and offered a hot towel and almonds, along with a choice of drink.
- Shortly after that, we received some veggie chips and olives.
- This was followed by a delicious caviar tart and some sort of fruit blend/smoothie (if anyone knows what this is, please let me know!)
- Next came the small plate. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to choose and I ended up getting some sort of lotus root and mushroom plate...
- Next came the main course, I chose the beef filet.
- Truthfully, I don’t know why I chose that. AA’s beef short ribs are vastly superior.
- This beef filet, as always, was shoe leather... not good.
- After the main course, we were offered desert. I chose a customized sundae. Always a fantastic choice.
- After that, I watched a few movies and fell asleep with the lie-flat bed.
- When I woke up a few hours later, I went to the galley to pick a few snacks. I got a ham sandwich and a delicious barbecue pork dish.
- The FA noticed I was awake and offered me some beef sliders. Pretty solid burgers.
- About an hour and thirty before landing, the FAs came around to serve breakfast. I had the traditional American breakfast with eggs/ham/potatoes/tomatoes.
- Shortly, we began our descent in DFW and arrived at 8:25 a.m.
Overall, a fairly decent flight, for first class...
The FAs and crew handled the massive delay very well.
The food was rather unfortunate, with the well-done steak and lack of choice for the small plates.
The seat is very comfortable and spacious but lacks privacy.
Thanks for reading/watching!Previous Trip Reports:Summer 2018 to Spring 2019 American Airlines 737-800 Business Class Philadelphia to St. Maarten: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1420387
American Airlines 777-300 Business Class New York JFK to London: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1420789
American Eagle CRJ-900 First Class Philadelphia to Cincinnati: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1421299 American Airlines 767-300 Business Class Zurich to Philadelphia: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1422345
American Airlines 737-800 First Class Dallas/Fort Worth to Orange County: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1422417American Eagle E-175 First Class Los Angeles to Omaha: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1423337
American Airlines MD-80 Main Cabin Extra Omaha to Dallas/Fort Worth: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1424695Summer 2019American Airlines A321neo First Class Phoenix to Anchorage: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1426019
American Airlines A321neo Main Cabin Extra Anchorage to Phoenix: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1426813
American Airlines 787-9 Business Class Los Angeles to Tokyo HND: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1427951
EVA Air A330-300 Economy Class Tokyo HND To Taipei TSA: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1428983
Cathay Pacific Economy Class Taipei Taoyuan To Hong Kong: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1430001
Last edited by atcsundevil
on Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edited in accordance with forum rules