kriskarch
Topic Author

[VIDEO] Delta 777-200 | ATL - CDG | Premium Select (Retrofitted)

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:48 am

Please follow the link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6eFbu2c4kI

REVIEW:

Delta made retrofitting process in all their Boeing 777 fleet starting 1,5 years ago. Since then, their Premium Select class is considered as one of the best premium products that airlines have in their offers. I always wanted to try it and finally, couple months ago I found some good deal for a flight from San Jose (SJO) to Berlin (TXL), including this flight operated by Delta. I paid $450 total, which I consider to be a good deal.

FLIGHT DETAILS:

✈ Airline: DELTA
✈ Aircraft: Boeing 777-200
✈ Seat: 25C
✈ Class: Premium Select
✈ Route: Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International (ATL) - Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
✈ Date: August 2019

1. Getting to Atlanta

Atlanta was my 3-hour layover on the way from San Jose, Costa Rica to Berlin, Germany. I flew on Delta's 737-700 from SJO, which was not a special experience. There is no Premium Select on their 737s, so I had Delta Comfort+ seat, which has extra legroom comparing to the main cabin. I was really disappointed with food, as on 4,5-hour flight we got cold, low quality sandwich and some biscuit. As the flight was leaving at 6 AM I was expecting to get some warm breakfast.

2. Check-in

My bags were on the way to Berlin already, so it didn't take long in customs and personal control. As I found out later, bags were flying through New York and didn't make it on time to Berlin :) This was my first time in Atlanta and I liked the airport, which was clean and full of services.

3. Boarding

Thanks to Premium Select class, I was allowed to use priority boarding. The flight was almost full. There was some problem with my boarding pass, which couldn't be scanned properly. It took few minutes to sort it out, but I was ok to board. The cabin looked really fresh! I liked it from the moment I put my step on the plane.

4. Departure

Before taking off, sparkling wine was served and the crew handed me menu. We departed on time and just after departure hot towels were distributed.

5. Comfort, food and in-flight service

I was surprised how comfortable Premium Select seat was. It was wide, had pretty big recline and leg rest. I slept through half of the flight and this was probably the first time I didn't feel tired after such a long flight.

We were served two meals:
- Vegetarian pasta for dinner (with two other options: steak and chicken breast)
- egg toast for breakfast (unfortunately I don't remember what the other options were)
Both meals were really tasty!

6. IFE and Wi-Fi

The IFE screen is big and works great! The variety of movies, series and music is huge. 777 is equipped with Wi-Fi router on board and it works very well. You can use it free for texting.

7. Overall

Looking at the price I paid for the ticket, it was definitely worth the money! Flying Delta's Premium Select was like a business class in some lower-standard airlines to me. I can't wait to do it again!

Thank you for your time, feel free to comment if you have any questions.

Kris

Re: [VIDEO] Delta 777-200 | ATL - CDG | Premium Select (Retrofitted)

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:01 am

Looks like a great product. Well done, Delta! I wish our flight back to MSP from AMS in November offers Premium Select. Only Delta One and the older Comfort+ available on that flight.

Thanks for sharing.
I love to fly!