kriskarch
Topic Author

[Video] Air France Boeing 777-200 | Economy | Paris (CDG) - San Jose (SJO)

Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:38 pm

Please follow the link to the video:
https://youtu.be/ozETbz0ESbY

REVIEW:

Air France is one of the most recognisable airlines around the world with a huge fleet of more than 200 aircrafts. I have flown on their A320, A380, 787 and 777, but this time I was about to try their new cabin, after all their Boeing 777's went through retrofitting process.

FLIGHT DETAILS:

✈ Airline: Air France
✈ Aircraft: Boeing 777-200
✈ Seat: 35L
✈ Class: Economy
✈ Route: Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - San Jose Juan Santamaría International (SJO)
✈ Date: August 2019

1. Getting to Paris

I got to Paris from Berlin on Air France's flight operated by Airbus A321. It was pretty good experience. Despite the flight is only 1h20min, they still serve some snacks, hot and cold drinks and they even offer blankets and pillows to passengers (that was a nice surprise, as I didn't experience it before taking short-haul flights - even operated by Air France).

I landed in Paris about 5 hours before my next flight, so I had some time to walk around the airport. CDG is one of my favourite airports, as it's really well designed, bright and always clean, offering a lot of services and entertainment.

2. Check-in

I checked-in my bags in Berlin, so I didn't have to do that again in Paris. I took a bus to terminal 2E and went through standard personal control.

3. Boarding

Air France does their boarding by zones. I was in the zone 4, which is the last one to board the plane, so it took a while to get to my seat (35L). I guess next time I will try to ask the crew to board earlier to take some pictures and video of the empty cabin.

4. Comfort, food and in-flight service

I was able to pick seat 35L for free and I was hoping it was exit row, but I also felt kind of suspicious about that :) 35L is a bulkhead seat, so there is no extra room in this row. The only advantage was that I was able to leave my window seat without disturbing other passengers.

We were served two warm meals:
- chicken with mashed potatoes and salad as a side (unfortunately I don't remember what the other option was)
- pizza bread with the same salad as a side (unfortunately I don't remember what the other option was)
Both meals were tasty, but having exactly the same salad as a side for the second time was disaapointing.

5. IFE and Wi-Fi

The IFE screen is smaller than normal one, because it is hidden in the armrest (because no seat in front). The variety of movies, series and music is huge. 777 is equipped with Wi-Fi router on board and it works very well. You can use it free for texting.

6. Overall

Air France is one of my favourite airlines. I know that better comfort can be found on other carriers, but looking at the price deals I am often able to find on Air France, customer service and their individual approach to every passenger, I am always happy to book a flight with them!

Thank you for your time, feel free to comment if you have any questions. If you like my video reviews, please support with a thumb up and a subscribe!

Kris
Last edited by SQ22 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Using capital letters only

AirInterA300

Re: [Video] Air France Boeing 777-200 | Economy | Paris (CDG) - San Jose (SJO)

Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:17 pm

Hello Kris,

Thank you for the nice trip report! I like the way you filmed the different moments of the trip, and video quality is great.
It looks like AF product is nice on long-haul. I usually try to avoid bulkhead seats as it is sometimes difficult to extend the legs to an acceptable level if you're tall. Was it ok on your flight? But as you rightfully say, a bulkhead seat will allow you to leave your seat without bothering other passengers.

Cheers,
Thomas

kriskarch
Topic Author

Re: [Video] Air France Boeing 777-200 | Economy | Paris (CDG) - San Jose (SJO)

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi Thomas!

Thank you for kind words, I do my best to bring high quality to my reports :) I love flying with Air France on long haul routes!
I am 1,82m tall and the bulkhead seat was just right for me. I you are even a little bit taller, it can get uncomfortable then. But I am glad I tried it, have some more experience in seat-choosing now :)

Have a great day!