qfs
Topic Author

[VIDEO] Air Greenland - A330 200 - Copenhagen to Kangerlussuaq | Business Class

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:01 pm

Video link: https://youtu.be/YV386DH_mIw

On August 20, I flew Air Greenland from Copenhagen, Denmark to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland in Business Class. This was one of the coolest flights I've ever taken because I love flying to Arctic places.

Air Greenland (previously known as Greenlandair) is the flag carrier and only airline based in Greenland. They operate a fleet of 32 aircraft and are owned by the Greenlandic Government. Besides running scheduled services and government-contracted flights to most villages in the country, they also support remote research stations and provide charter services for tourists and Greenland's energy and mineral-resource industries along with medivac operations during emergencies. They technically have seven subsidiaries: the airline, hotels, tour operators, a travel agency specialized in Greenlandic tourism, and the Arctic Umiaq Line, an unprofitable but government-subsidized ferry service that I am interested in doing a video on in the near future.

This is the first Air Greenland trip report on Airliners and YouTube, so I hope you enjoy it!

------------------------

Copenhagen Airport is definitely one of my favorites... Terminal 2 was very modern and clean, and all of the employees were extremely friendly and ready to help out anybody. Since Greenland is technically an overseas territory of Denmark this counted as a domestic flight. This gave me access to the "CPH Fast Track", a line dedicated for domestic flights. The security queue took under 4 minutes.

After some planespotting, Air Greenland's red livery was easy to spot:

The business class cabin has a 2-2-2 configuration with standard reclining chairs. The economy cabin is in a tight 2-4-2 config:

The departure from Copenhagen was rather sunny!

The meal I chose was a dish with Greenlandic smoked salmon & Grilled chicken... it was delicious!

Because this flight was in August, it was unusual seeing snow... but this marked our welcome to Greenland!

Kangerlussuaq Airport is Air Greenland's hub, even though it's Greenland's 17th largest town. This is due to its runway size.

Check out the full trip report here: https://youtu.be/YV386DH_mIw

aviationMCO8

Re: [VIDEO] Air Greenland - A330 200 - Copenhagen to Kangerlussuaq | Business Class

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:07 am

Awesome review Quintin! I enjoyed it, how was Air Greenland like compared to other European Airlines?

Re: [VIDEO] Air Greenland - A330 200 - Copenhagen to Kangerlussuaq | Business Class

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:17 am

Great report and photos. I've read a few things about Air Greenland, and have often wondered what it is like to fly with them. It looks like a great airline, and I love that livery on the A330!

Thank you for sharing.
I love to fly!