kriskarch
Topic Author

[VIDEO ONLY] Tap Portugal Airbus A321 | Economy | Vienna (VIE) - Lisbon (LIS)

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Please follow the link to the video:
https://youtu.be/7JCAKZlOWD8

REVIEW:

Last week I had opportunity to try Tap Portugal's economy service on route from Vienna to Lisbon. That was the first time flying with them and the first time flying from Vienna.
FLIGHT DETAILS:

✈ Airline: Tap Portugal
✈ Aircraft: Airbus A321
✈ Seat: 36A
✈ Class: Economy (Discount)
✈ Route: Vienna (VIE) - Lisbon (LIS)
✈ Date: November 2019

1. Getting to Vienna

I live in Cracow, Poland, which is about 4,5-hour drive from Vienna. For a long time I wanted to test Vienna International Airport and finally I found a nice ticket, which allowed me to get two new experiences at once :)

I drove by car and left it on nearby secured parking lot. It costs only EUR 49 for 10 days, so it's totally affordable.

2. Check-in

My flight was departing from Terminal 3, which is the main terminal. It is pretty big with plenty of seating areas including comfortable couches perfect for longer layovers.

What was strange, airport employees (not airline employees) checked everyone's hand bags (dimensions and weight), even before reaching personal control.

Personal control went fast and I had some time to walk around the whole terminal before boarding.

3. Boarding

Boarding started on time. There were no boarding groups, just one line.

4. Comfort, food and in-flight service

I was lucky enough to change my seat for free just 1,5 hours before my flight and I recommend it to everyone flying with TAP! They still charged for seat selection during online check-in, which started 24 hours before the flight.

Lucky enough... because there is literally NO LEGROOM in their Economy cabin. I guess even some low-cost carriers offer more comfort.

We were served one snack: a pack of chips, which I found super unhealthy...

The only advantage was that I could get rid of window seat armrest, what is not common. It gives some extra space.

5. IFE and Wi-Fi

There is no IFE and Wi-Fi.

6. Overall

I was really looking forward trying TAP Portugal's product, but I have to admit that I feel kind of disappointed. Such a small legroom, no recline, cheapest snack possible during almost 4-hour flight... the question is, if there is still any difference between their economy product and low-cost carriers.

Kris
Last edited by atcsundevil on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edited in accordance with forum rules

shamrock321

Re: [VIDEO ONLY] Tap Portugal Airbus A321 | Economy | Vienna (VIE) - Lisbon (LIS)

Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:10 pm

I really enjoyed your report, the layout of the video is fantiastic.

You’ve paid the cheapest fare, you can’t expect a 5 star service and mountains of leg room.

kriskarch
Topic Author

Re: [VIDEO ONLY] Tap Portugal Airbus A321 | Economy | Vienna (VIE) - Lisbon (LIS)

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:05 pm

Thank you so much, I do my best to make every report better than the previous one :)

I just expected a little bit better service than provided in Ryanair or Wizzair - European leading low cost carriers. There is still big distance to 5-star. But what disappointed me was that my seat had the smallest legroom I have ever had during the flight :( Next time flying to Portugal I will choose low cost airline, because the ticket will probably be a little bit cheaper and service almost the same.

But I am curious about their long haul service!

Best,
Kris