cframe
Topic Author

New A380 Interior - Singapore Airlines *Video Only*

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:19 am

Video of this flight:https://youtu.be/s8EgKChrDS8

SQ308

I was lucky enough recently to fly on SQ 308 from Singapore to London.

This November flight was originally scheduled to be on an A380 with the original interior but about a month out from the flight the aircraft was swapped to the newer interior A380.

I was in business class which means boarding into the upper deck. The layout has first class passengers turning left, while those in business turn right to be welcomed into a spacious and elegant looking cabin.

The new seats look superb and for the most part are excellent. HD screens, heaps of space, loads of storage and lots of lighting options make this one of the nicest business class seats I’ve had the fortune to enjoy.

My Seat:

The only downside is the relatively limited legroom when sleeping (a small foot well) so taller travellers will struggle a bit with space to fully stretch out ... but otherwise it can’t be faulted.

There were two meal services each with multiple courses - these were supper and breakfast. I used book the cook to pre-order my meals, and while my evening meal was a bit disappointing (it was a burger and arrived with a soggy bun) the breakfast of Eggs Benedict was absolutely superb and perfectly cooked.

As usual the cabin crew were amazing and very attentive. We departed from Singapore a little bit late but made it into Heathrow right on time!

Window View:

I’d be very happy to fly this route with Singapore again and think that for the most part the new interior is nicer than the old one, however I do think perhaps the leg space in sleep mode could be a bit more generous.
Last edited by atcsundevil on Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edited in accordance with forum rules
Chris Frame | www.chriscunard.com

klkla

Re: New A380 Interior - Singapore Airlines *Pics + Video*

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Looks nice.

I was impressed with the breakfast. It's difficult enough to get the eggs right in a regular kitchen. Does Singapore have specially trained 'chefs' similar to Swiss or are the same flight attendants that provide onboard service used to prepare the meals?