OA260
Topic Author

DUB IST TK Business Class

Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:06 am

[url][/url]Great flight from IST-DUB the other day with Turkish. Flight was packed down the back and half full up front. Majority all transfer from places like India,Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa.

Lovely proper 2-2 business class seats and great service. On arrival into DUB we were the only aircraft at the B gates.

Last edited by qf789 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong title

DublinPaul

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:15 pm

OA260, thanks for your excellent trip report on Turkish and all your previous ones as well. I'm thinking of taking the other half to Istanbul for his birthday in May and see the fares (about €950 return) are about twice the going rate of flying indirectly on Lufthansa. So, not being a fan of the usual euro business class standard seats, the recliner seats in your report have got me interested. Do you know if these recliner seats are available on all Turkish flights to and from Dublin? The Turkish website and seaguru website seem to be unclear about this.

debonair

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 pm

DublinPaul wrote:
Do you know if these recliner seats are available on all Turkish flights to and from Dublin?

I am not OA260 - but my own experience from previous TK flights are, that the aircraft and cabin configuration is always a lottery...

I would fly low-cost on AER LINGUS widebody A330 to AGP, spending some cash on real lie-flat seats and champagne :champagne: and enjoying the Mediterranean May sunshine - burning the money in a real 5* hotel rather than on a German 5* airline with Euro-Business... :twocents: :white:

DublinPaul

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:17 pm

"...the aircraft and cabin configuration is always a lottery..."
Thanks debonair, I feared as much and wouldn't pay that kind of money for standard economy seats in business class. It's a pity it's not predictable.

Delta777Jet

Re: DUB IST TK Business Class

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:29 pm

I flew around 16 TK Europe flights in C class within the last 3 months. I got the old style 3-3 cabin only once on a short flight from Istanbul to Cairo. I think the old style 3-3 seating they mainly send on domestic and short flights below 2 hours and I think they only have it on some of their 737-800 series planes. On longer flights I think they always send the better product. The food, service and seats are all excellent. In my opinion the best C class in Europe.
I still miss Trans World Airlines and the L-1011

DublinPaul

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Point taken Delta777Jet, however given that airlines are ruthless at enforcing the small print against pax, together with the absence of firm information on the Turkish website about what they are providing, I think I'll give the idea a miss. We're familiar with the excellent Aer Lingus trans Atlantic product so the risk of a disappointing Turkish experience means I'm now leaning towards a stay at a luxury hotel somewhere in Ireland. It's a lot simpler.

debonair

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:20 pm

Delta777Jet wrote:
I flew around 16 TK Europe flights in C class within the last 3 months. I got the old style 3-3 cabin only once on a short flight from Istanbul to Cairo.

Lucky you! Last time I booked with TK two Airbus A330 flights - first was an upgrade to the B777-300ER (nothing to complain!), second was finally the Airbus A330 - unfortunately ex WOWair Iceland with slimline seats, no IFE and no real BusinessClass (more like Economy Premium) - which was a huge disappointment!