TboneD
Topic Author

[Video Report] Doggo Travels WestJet: LAX-YYZ | Economy | B737-700

Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:05 am

Attention, folks of Airliners.Net,

I, TBone Doggington, am officially the first Golden Retriever to review an airline. The cargo hold does not cut it for my kind anymore, so I bought a real ticket to see what the fuss is all about. Now I know how sardines feel.

Feel free to comment and criticize. 3 Paws up for WestJet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjlETEaftJY

Departure Airport: LAX
It was a beautiful afternoon in Los Angeles, sunny and clear, the perfect weather for a stroll in the park, play catch with my favorite tennis ball, and sniff butts. Instead, I had to travel to Toronto for work. LAX is usually fun on the International terminals side, but US/Canada domestic? Checking in at T2, departing from T3? Who thought of this?! I can't complain though. TSA did not bat an eye when they saw me, a golden retriever, casually skipping by the X-Ray machine. Heck I even had my metal water bowl (full of water), and they let me pass! Needless to say, everything else was breezy at LAX. On a side note, why so much human plastic in Los Angeles? Can't tell if they're smiling when I'm a good boye, frustrated when I'm muddy, or just staring into my soul wishing they were a doggo.

Boarding: WS 1101
No complaints here. Boarding was fast and easy. The Gate Agents were extremely polite and professional, the Cabin Crew on WestJet was smiling as always, and the flight departed on time!

Flight
Seated in 17F, with a whole row to myself, life felt great. Looking out the window would have kept me entertained the entire flight, but I had to finish this great new movie called 101 Dalmatians (y'all seen it?).

The food department was lacking, I must say. For an "International" flight, the snacks left much to be desired. I got excited for a second, thinking they'd given me kibble, but it ended up being pretzels, a snack humans enjoy. So salty (pun intended).

The rest of the flight was relaxing, me looking out the window, pondering over our existence, human pups screaming in the background. The landing was smooth (thank you, pilots!)

Arrival Airport: YYZ
Always a pleasure arriving at YYZ, with YYZ playing on my Sony Walkman. Disem-bark-ment to exiting T3 took a total of 10 minutes. I only had my bone and a couple tennis balls though, no checked baggage. All in all, 3 Paws up for WestJet!

TboneD
Topic Author

Re: [Video Report] Doggo Travels WestJet: LAX-YYZ | Economy | B737-700

Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Oops, forgot to update the link. I had to re-upload the video. Apologies, all!

https://youtu.be/a5bK3hfCl88