ILoveFigures
Topic Author

*Video Only* A beautiful morning with KLM Cityhopper

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:46 pm

I had the pleasure of traveling with KLM Cityhopper in February before the massive Covid outbreak, and would like to share with you all this flight in a time where flying is heavily restricted.

Footage from the flight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CspUosx5HiY

Flight details:
Airline: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Aircraft: Embraer 190-STD
Route: Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - Oslo Gardermoen Airport
Estimated flight time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Actual flight time: 1 hour 33 minutes
Flight number: KL1141
Flight date: 24 February 2020

This is the first flight of the day for KLM and KLM Cityhopper from Amsterdam Schiphol. I arrived at the airport rather tired, expecting a lot of people at both check-in and security. To my pleasant surprise, the airport was fairly empty. I was first in line for the check-in and there were no lines in security. Everyone was friendly and helpful, even at 4:30 am in the morning.

Having gone through security in less than 1 minute, I found myself airside. Basically all shops were closed, but some bars and restaurants were open. I managed to get a sandwich and bottle of water, before heading to the gate. As no shops were open, and there was no action at the apron and runway, I was fairly bored to be honest. Soon the flight to Oslo was announced, and boarding began.

Boarding was divided into business/executive card holders and economy. The boarding process was smooth and organized, and before I knew it I was in my seat.

As this was the first flight of the day for KLM, we pushed backed as soon as the door was closed. A quick safety demo was conducted as we were taxiing to Kaagban, a.k.a. RWY 24. It was a somewhat turbulent climb out of AMS, but since this is AMS it was not unexpected.

The flight lasted for 1 hour and 33 minutes. Inflight as rather uneventful, but I very much appreciate the onboard service with KLM. They served bread with ham and cream cheese, a very tasteful snack this early in the morning. I also opted for orange juice, although at KLM you get everything from water to wine even this early. And it's all included in the price of your ticket, which is even better. As the Holland Herald inflight magazine was not available on this flight, I just fell asleep. Like I said, a pretty uneventful flight, but a very nice sunrise over North-Western Europe.

The landing was smooth and the disembarking was surprisingly efficient. OSL is also a very nice and efficient airport, and I was at the train station roughly 20 min after leaving the aircraft.

All in all, KLM is a great way to fly. At least in Europe. I would highly recommend them for everyone. :D
Last edited by atcsundevil on Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edited in accordance with forum rules