Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

c152sy
Topic Author

Trying out one of Korean Air's A220s, Seoul Gimpo-Busan

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:40 pm

Background
Nestled on Korea’s south eastern coastline, the nation’s second largest city, Busan, is separated from the capital by a little over two hundred miles (323 kilometres) of mostly mountainous terrain. As one would expect, there is no shortage of options for those looking to travel in between the two cities. Korail’s high speed KTX services which, at their most frequent, depart each city at ten minute intervals, whisk passengers between to two cities in around two hours. However, with the cheapest tickets setting passengers back 59800 Won (around £40/$50), these are not incredibly cheap. Slower services such as the limited stop ITX-Saemaul and all-stop Mugunghwa trains offer cheaper tickets, whilst the daily masses of buses between the two cities offer a comfortable and cheap four hour ride. Despite the lowest air fares costing less than half of the cheapest KTX ticket, relatively few passengers consider taking one of the 198 weekly flights (as per summer 2019 schedules) operated in each direction between Seoul Gimpo and Busan Gimhae. These are operated by Air Busan (90 p/w), Korean Air (94 p/w) and Jeju Air (14 p/w), the latter airline using these services as positioning flights for their international services from Busan. Yet whilst both Seoul Gimpo and Busan Gimhae are ultra-efficient domestic hubs, possible to pass through within minutes, I cannot deny that if you are looking to travel from city centre to city centre then the highly punctual KTX is almost guaranteed to offer a slightly quicker journey. Of course, the matter is up for some debate for those passengers travelling between Busan and the city of Incheon.

Being an aviation enthusiast and thus far from a regular passenger, up until this point I had ploughed the route between the two cities a total of ten times. Flying with Air Busan’s A320s and A321s as well as their long retired Boeing 737 Classics, Eastar Jet and Jeju Air’s Boeing 737-800s and of course on Korean Air’s A220s, Boeing 737-800/900s as well as a single trip on one of their massive Boeing 777-200ERs. Today with the Airbus A220-300 operating the route for Korean Air alongside their Boeing 737s, I decided to book myself onto one of their Airbus services. Not only does, in my opinion, the A220 offer a superior level of comfort to their older domestic-configured Boeing 737, having written two reports on reports the airline’s A220s, only then to have my phone first completely crash, losing all my photos and then to have this stolen on the streets of North London, I finally wanted to produce a Korean Air A220 report with photos. Booking using Korean Air’s site could not be easier – after searching for my flights, I was quickly presented with a page detailing the airline’s fourteen daily flights between Gimpo and Busan. The cheapest tickets for which (bar the two early morning departures) coming to 53400 KRW, undercutting the KTX by several thousand won. After selecting my flight and logging in I then proceeded to the payment page whereby I entered my details and made a quick payment. After this, I selected my seat (something that can be done for free on all Korean Air services) before completing my booking. The entire process taking no more than a few short minutes.
This would have ultimately been the end of the process until arriving at the Gimpo Airport, however, upon opting to check-in online the day before my flight, I was disappointed to find that for the first time when flying with Korean Air, an equipment change had been made. Rather than an Airbus A220-300, the flight would now be operated by a domestic configured Boeing 737-900. Seeing as my sole reason for flying with Korean Air that day was to fly aboard the Airbus A220. Thankfully, utilising the airline’s app, I was able to change my flight to a slightly later departure within a couple of minutes, with this change coming to a grand total of 2100 Won (£1.40/$1.80).

The Journey
Having to check-out from my Airbnb at 1100 and seeing as my new flight did not depart until 1800, I was left with an afternoon to fill. After catching the subway to Seoul Station, I left my luggage there and, seeing as the weather was good that day, I decided to climb up one of Seoul’s smaller yet more famous mountains, Namsan. After admiring the view from the peak but opting not to spend a small fortune on taking a ride up to the top of the N Seoul Tower, I headed down towards the Jongno area. Having anticipated working up quite a sweat on that warm early summer afternoon, I had brought a change of clothes along with me and decided to head to the local mokyeoktang (Korean spa). By the time I emerged and had lunch, it was time to head off to Gimpo Airport. Seeing as I needed to pick up my luggage from Seoul Station, the terminus of the Airport Express Line, there was no reason for me not to use the all stop AREX to reach the airport.

Onboard the AREX train

After a quick and painless journey, I arrived at Gimpo Airport Station, heading up the series of escalators before I tapped my T-Money card causing the barriers to slide open. From the station the journey to the domestic terminal, a journey that is neither short nor long and, thankfully for those with luggage is assisted by moving walkways. After a journeying along the shiny and well-polished underground passageway filled with advertisements from regional authorities across Korea, encouraging both investment and tourism, I arrived in the terminal. Whilst a couple of years ago one may have labelled the check-in area to be a little cramped and old-fashioned, the renovation works have now been completed and this has subsequently been transformed into a bright, open and modern space, an ambience that continued throughout my journey through the terminal. Having just avoided the late afternoon rush to Jeju, that afternoon the terminal was a neither overly quiet nor overly busy, with an amount of passengers that can be perhaps described as average. These consisting of the usual smorgasbord of passengers you can easily spot at the airport – suited business people, hiking gear clad late middle aged and elderly passengers, and of course the usual leisure passengers plus a few camouflage wearing young Koreans in the midst of their military service, either at the commencement or close of their rest and relaxation period. I decided to head straight to Korean Air’s near passenger-less section of the terminal, upon arriving at the check-in desk areas, I was informed by one of the staff members that I was too early to check in and advised to return after 1600 – unless of course I wanted to take an earlier flight. Fairly certain this would be on one of the airline’s Boeing 737s, I turned down this offer.

Making my way from the station to the domestic terminal

The spacious landside area

Unlike at Incheon Airport, where those who arrive too early can watch a film at the airport’s cinema, relax at the spa or stroll around a small museum, those who expect to fill their time in such ways at Gimpo Airport will likely end up disappointed. Nevertheless, the domestic terminal does feature a relatively wide range of cafes and restaurants plus a few convenience stores in the pre-airside area. Yet, seeing as I had enjoyed a rather filling lunch of cheese donkatsu no more than a couple of hours previously and having reached my daily coffee limit, I instead decided to head for a stroll in the large Lotte Mall connected to both terminals and the airport’s station via an underground passageway. After killing some time, as the clock approached 1600, I decided to begin the lengthy walk back to the domestic terminal. Upon arriving, I headed up to the Korean Air check-in desks and, thanks to the fact that all of these were staffed, not a single queue could be seen. Upon arriving here I was guided to one of the empty counters and welcomed first in English and then in Korean. After handing over my passport and bag, within moments my bag was tagged and I received a small card with information regarding hold luggage on which the luggage identification sticker was attached. As is the case at most Korean airports, I was then asked for my number in case my bag needed to be searched and advised to wait in the landside area for a couple of minutes whilst my suitcase passed through a security check.

As I had suspected, no issues were found and after five minutes without a call, I decided to head up the escalators to the security check. Here, one interesting addition had been added since the last time I passed through the airport, this coming in the form of several Orwellian biometric gate. These allowing Korean nationals to pass into the security area with only their fingerprint without the need for any boarding pass scanning or ID checking. This is something which the Korean government intends on rolling out at both the gates at Gimpo and the entrance to security and gates at Incheon by the end of the year. Being a foreigner however, I was left with no option but to pass through the subway-style automated gates via the traditional method of scanning my mobile boarding pass. Without any issue, the gates swished open and I headed to one of the security checkpoints, all of which appeared to be manned. All in all, I was through to the airside area within no more than an impressive two minutes, something which tends to be the norm at Gimpo (assuming you are not travelling during one of Korea’s holiday periods). As you can probably guess from the quick passage through the airport, Gimpo’s domestic terminal is designed to be a hub of efficiency where passengers without luggage can arrive at the terminal twenty minutes prior to their departure, smoothly pass through security and be on board their aircraft with enough time to spare to have a quick flick through a newspaper. Indeed, whilst such efficiency is useful, it is not a necessity for those holidaymakers bound for Jeju who make up a significant portion of the airport’s clientele. However, in order to remain competitive with Korea’s network of high speed rail services, airlines flying to destinations across the mainland are dependent on Gimpo’s efficiency.

The rather deserted scenes airside following the Jeju-rush

Like the landside area, the airside area of the domestic terminal is modern, spacious and up-to-date, with plenty of charging points and fast, free wifi. As per usual, that afternoon all areas of the terminal appeared to be spotlessly clean and tidy. Compared to the landside area, the terminal is a little lacking in facilities with only a convenience store, restaurant and several cafes, however seeing as most passengers have relatively little time in this area prior to boarding their respective flights, I am sure this selection receives few complaints. Importantly for aviation enthusiasts, good views of the domestic ramp, the airport’s two runways and the general aviation ramp in the distance can be had throughout the terminal.

An all-economy Asiana 767 bound for Jeju

And a rival Korean Air 777 also bound for Jeju

With little to do, I decided to find a seat next to the large, streak free windows and spend the next couple of hours watching the fairly constant stream of movements outside. Owing to the mass exodus of aircraft to Jeju between 1500 and 1600, upon passing into the airside area, the apron appeared to be a little bare, with only a smattering of aircraft. These included a Korean Air Boeing 777-200ER, Boeing 737-800s from Eastar Jet, Jeju Air and Jin Air as well as an Air Busan operated Airbus A321. Interestingly at this time, not a single Asiana aircraft could be spotted. However, as time passed, aircraft returned from Jeju and soon the terminal became well stocked with a diverse variety of aircraft from all bar two of Korea’s scheduled passenger airlines (Air Seoul and Korea Express Air, both of whom do not operate flights to Gimpo). After checking the FIDS, it was revealed that our gate had been changed to gate 3, located towards the end of the pier mostly utilized by Korean Air, Jin Air and Eastarjet. A few moments later at 1724, I received an email informing me that the departure time had been changed from 1800 to 1835, with a new arrival time of 1930.

One interesting diagram

At around 1810, the shiny Airbus A220-300 that would take us down to Busan pulled into the stand after its short flight from Ulsan. Resembling a Formula 1 pit crew, the ground crew appeared to hurry into work as soon as the aircraft came to a halt and within a couple of minutes disembarkation commenced. The aircraft that would deliver us to Busan came in the form of HL8091, the tenth and then most recent addition to Korean Air’s A220 fleet and, at the time of our flight, the third most recent addition to the airline’s overall fleet. This airframe embarked on its first flight from Montreal Mirabel in late January 2019 before making the long journey to Gimpo via Anchorage and Sapporo in early March. The aircraft features 127 seats across economy, with those seats at the front featuring 36 inches of pitch and the rest a modest but more than acceptable 32 inches. Interestingly this front section was initially marketed as ‘Economy Plus’ however the airline appears to have done a U-turn on this and today, these seats are available to those who pay full fare or are willing to pay an extra fee. In the same way that Korean Air operates the lowest capacity Airbus A380s, the same applies for the smallest aircraft in their fleet, with their Airbus A220-300s capable of transporting six fewer passengers than those of Swiss, fifteen less than those of Air Tanzania and a massive eighteen less than those of Air Baltic. Returning to the individual airframe, in the week prior to my flight, this had flown over 11300 miles over a massive 50 flights in Korean skies, connecting Gimpo with Busan, Jeju, Pohang and Ulsan in addition to making a round trip from Jeju to Wonju, a city located to the southeast of Seoul in the mountainous province of Gangwon.

As our boarding time approached, an entire new set of crew consisting of a couple of pilots and four flight attendants made their way down the jetway and onto the aircraft whilst in the terminal, preparations for boarding appeared to be underway. With only five minutes until our new departure time, it appeared that a punctual departure according to this new schedule would be impossible. At the gate area, whilst thankfully most passengers were calm, one suited businessman appeared to be struggling to come to terms with our 35 minute delay, angrily shouting at the gate staff and generally causing a scene. After said individual repeatedly asked the ground staff why the aircraft was late, they answered his questions claiming that the aircraft had been delayed departing Ulsan. Highlighting the irate passenger’s lack of understanding regarding the workings of an airline, his response was something like ‘well, can’t you get another aircraft to take me to Ulsan?’. Thankfully, this spectacle did not last long and within a minute or so boarding commenced. As per usual, priority passengers and those needing assistance were invited to board first however with only a small number of passengers falling into the former category, boarding for the majority commenced within moments.

Once my boarding pass had been scanned, I headed down to the jetway soon arriving at the door of the aircraft. As with all Korean Air flights, a trolley featuring a selection of Korean and English languages had been placed next to the main cabin door and passengers were free to take these to read onboard the aircraft. Upon stepping over the CSeries footplate onto the aircraft I was welcomed in Korean and English by two of the crew members before I headed into the bright and modern main cabin. After two more welcomes further down the aircraft, I made it to row 47 and placed my bag down on my seat. Deciding that I would likely not get the chance to make a bathroom trip whilst up in the air, I decided to pay a short visit to one of the two bathrooms at the rear of the aircraft. Noticing my visit, one of the flight attendants insisted on opening the door to this. Not only did this appear to be immaculately clean, in my opinion Bombardier did a superb job of designing these giving them a spacious, modern and airy feel, the latter thanks to the window.

Returning to the main cabin, each seat onboard the aircraft is covered in the same basic pattern that comes as standard in economy on all aircraft operated by Korean Air. Interestingly however, unlike on the airline’s other aircraft whereby those seats in the forward portion of economy are covered in blue fabric and those in the rear are covered in brown, only blue fabric covered seats are visible on the aircraft. Each seat features a movable headrest which is covered with a disposable headrest cover. Finally, each seat also features a USB port which I found to work well, charging my phone relatively speedily. Comfort-wise I found the seat to be fantastic – both well padded and featuring a more than acceptable amount of legroom (although still less than that found on the majority of Korean Air’s other types). As one would expect from such a young aircraft, the interior appeared to be devoid of any wear and tear, and, despite the short turnaround, the cabin appeared to be spotless. Turning to the seatback pocket, this featured a copy of the airline’s Morning Calm magazine, a copy of the 112 page Beyond entertainment guide, a duty free catalogue, safety card, sick bag and a card featuring details of the aircraft’s wifi system.

Within moments after returning to my seat, I was joined by two neighbours who appeared to be part of a larger family party returning to Busan after visiting relatives in Incheon. In an impressive eight minutes, boarding was concluded and the flight turned out to be around 70% full. As I had expected, most on board appeared to be Busan-based business people heading back after a day’s work. In addition, there appeared to be a reasonable number of deadheading crew who I presumed were heading to operate either the Korean Air Airbus A330 flight from Busan to Bangkok or the Boeing 737 flight down to Danang. By 1840 the main cabin door was closed and the purser welcomed us onboard the aircraft in Korean and English, giving the usual details such as flight time and a warning to keep our seatbelts fastened when seated. Lacking any overhead screens or PTVs, after this was made an automated safety announcement rang out through the cabin which was accompanied by a manual safety demonstration from the crew. During this, at 1844 our aircraft jolted back away from the terminal before soon coming to a stop.

Once our pushback was complete, the aircraft began humming and whirring before long the aircraft’s two Pratt and Whitney PW1524G engines quietly powered up into life. Within a few minutes, the ground crew waved goodbye to the aircraft and we powered away from the terminal at 1850. As we made our way past the international terminal and remote stands, I spotted something unusual – an aircraft in an unfamiliar livery, this being mostly blue and bearing the titles ‘Hi Air’. A quick search that night revealed the turboprop to be the first aircraft to be operated by Korea’s latest start-up airline. If successful in launching operations, this carrier would be the first to operate scheduled turboprop services in South Korea in around a decade. However, given the recent failures of Air Pohang and Air Philip, whose aircraft were in the air for a total of ten months each, I am a little sceptical of long term success. As we slowly progressed along the taxiway, a Line 9 train from Seoul’s subway network whizzed passed on its way to the nearby terminus at Gaehwa. We then took a left turn and held to allow an Asiana Airbus A320 to depart after which the aircraft taxied onto runway 14L and held again. After another minute of waiting to allow for one of Korean Air’s Boeing 737-900s to touchdown on the parallel runway, at 1900 our engines spooled up and we commenced a powerful takeoff roll down the runway.

The international terminal

Waiting on the runway

Given our light load of passengers, the more-than-likely lack of cargo and potentially relatively low load of fuel, unsurprisingly our aircraft seemed to float up into the air only moments after commencing its take-off roll. On our initial climb out, sitting on the right hand side I was treated to views of the ramp to the south of the runway, home to types as small as two seater Cessna 152s to comparatively large Coastguard-operated Bombardier Challenger and Casa 235 based at the airport. Meanwhile, the diversity of rotary operations at the airport is no less diverse with types ranging from small Robinson helicopters to the powerful Kamov Ka-32s operated by the Forestry Service and everything in between. Meanwhile beyond the airport, the short 395 metre tall peak of Mount Gyeyang could be seen beneath the dramatic looking skies.

Despite the clouds above, visibility was fantastic that evening and after turning southwards, several islands in the West Sea off the coast of Incheon were visible for a short time before we gradually rose up into the clouds. After a few bumps, we emerged from these revealing the rapidly darkening skies that would soon transform into a superb sunset. Once we were safely through the clouds, the seatbelt signs were turned off and the four strong crew got to work commencing the in-flight service with one trolley initiating this from the front of the aircraft and another from the rear. When it comes to serving passengers, efficiency on this short flight is very much a necessity and within a few minutes the crew reached my row. Onboard all of its domestic flights, Korean Air offers all passengers non-alcoholic drinks with the trolleys stocked with coffee, cold green tea and juices. Whilst it would be nice to see this accompanied by a small snack, seeing as domestic flights in Korea rarely tend to exceed an hour in length, this offering is nothing to complain about. Unless of course you have forked out to fly in Prestige Class on one of their other aircraft types.

As tends to be the norm on Korean carriers, the captain virtually always performs their welcome announcement after reaching cruising altitude, remaining silent for the rest of the flight. This short hop was no exception and once levelling off, at 1915, the captain thanked us for choosing to fly with Korean Air, apologised for the delay and informed us of the weather in Busan and our expected arrival time. That evening, whilst little could be seen of the ground below, our aircraft took a fairly straightforward and direct route, cutting southeastwards across mountainous Korea, passing by the cities of Cheongju, Daejeon and Daegu as well as a multitude of smaller towns. Outside, the sun continued to sink down towards the horizon, offering fantastic views as we sped towards Busan.

Looking around during the flight, unsurprisingly it seemed as if most passengers spent the flight asleep, reading books or furiously typing away on their laptops with few (if any) consuming the entertainment provided by the airline. In mid-2018, Korean Air launched their first wifi-based streaming service with this only offered on the airlines Airbus A220 fleet (the vast majority of their fleet are fitted with PTVs, and those older Boeing 737-800/900s that aren’t generally tend to operate on domestic routes only). However, as with many airlines, in order to access this, one must first download the relevant app, this coming in the form of the Beyond M app. To be fair, compared to some other airlines I have sampled with a similar arrangement, Korean Air does seem to advertise the need for downloading this app in order to access the IFE system rather well during the booking process. Throughout the flight, I found the app to work well with no problems whatsoever, performing in the exact same way as a PTV with the same content. To be honest, whilst those who are more used to flying with Lufthansa, the ME3 or Singapore Airlines (all airlines with superb IFEs) may be a little disappointed content wise. I could most certainly find no complaints with the system, with this offering the latest films from Hollywood and Korea and a veritable selection of films from the airline’s destinations across the world. This coming in addition to a diverse offering of TV programmes and music playlists.

Those who did not download the Beyond M entertainment app prior to the flight were left with the airline’s Morning Calm in-flight magazine. As in-flight magazines go this was fairly standard however, on the plus side this was largely devoid of adverts – I only spotted three that were unrelated to Korean Air. The 126-page long June 2019 edition of this featured a range of articles, all of which were published in Korean and English. These included travel articles to a range of destinations both in Korea and abroad. These including Brisbane, French Polynesia, Innisfree Garden in New York, the Isles of Scilly off England’s southwestern tip and the Bulgarian city of Plovdiv. In addition, those destinations in Korea featured took the form of Jeju’s Olle Trail, Seoul’s Olympic Park and the Gwangju neighbourhood of Yangnim. Seeing as Korea is now considered to be one of the fashion capitals of the world, like Asiana, Korean Air’s inflight magazine gave a heavy focus to fashion and design with articles on Maori clothing, the Royal School of Needlework and 3D-printed lacquer art. Finally, food-related articles came in the form of an article on myeongi (mountain garlic leaf) and oranges. At the end, the usual news, Skypass information, immigration guide, inflight service plan and Korean Air route map could be found.

Only 25 minutes into the flight, at 1925 the seat belt signs were switched back on whilst below a view of the snaking Nakdong River to the west of Daegu was visible for a short time thanks to a gap in the clouds. Over the next ten minutes, the crew came around collecting the paper cups and serviettes as well as any other rubbish accumulated by passengers during the slight before ensuring the cabin was secure for landing. Around ten minutes later, our aircraft sunk down into the clouds. Our aircraft sliced through these within a minute, revealing the dark blue waters of the East Sea below where flotillas of well-lit fishing vessels out for the night as well as tens of large cargo ships waiting to enter Busan Port. Our aircraft then conducted a gentle 180 degree turn to put us on course for Gimhae’s runway 36L and our flaps were gradually lowered in the process. Soon enough, Busan’s southwestern suburbs of Dadae and Sinpyeong came into view as did the small collection of mountains in the west of the city during which time our landing gear could be felt locking into position.

After a smooth ride down over the Nakdong River Estuary, 45 minutes after taking to the skies, at 1945 our aircraft made a soft touchdown on runway 36L which was followed by the gentle braking. That evening, unsurprisingly given the bank of late evening departures to Southeast Asia, the ramp and international terminal appeared busy however interestingly all aircraft there appeared to be Korean. These operated by Air Busan, Jeju Air and Jin Air. After this, the large military area came into view where the usual suspects were visible – a few Boeing AEW&Cs and a sea of CASA 235s and Hercules aircraft. However, since my last visit to Busan, the ROKAF has taken delivery of two Airbus A330 tanker aircraft operated by one of the locally-based squadrons. Both of which were visible. As we headed off the runway and made our way to the gate, one of the cabin crew members thanked us for flying with Korean Air and reminded us of the no-photo policy at the airport meanwhile little could be seen outside bar a Boeing 747 and Boeing 777 at Korean Air’s maintenance facility on the other side of the airfield.

Pulling into the gate

At 1953, our aircraft slowly edged into gate 31, pulling up next to one of Air Busan’s sharklet-fitted Airbus A321s, after which our engines promptly shut down. Following our arrival, the cabin stood up although there was no obvious rush to escape the aircraft. Within a couple of minutes, the jetway was connected and the cabin door opened and one-by-one, passengers exited the aircraft in a calm manner. Upon reaching the front galley whereby two crew members could be seen bowing and enthusiastically thanking passengers. After thanking the crew, I stepped onto the glass jetway and headed up into the terminal. From here, I headed down the escalators and straight into the baggage claim hall which was a little busy considering our Air Busan gate neighbour’s arrival from Jeju. Nevertheless, nine minutes after pulling into the stand, the small number of bags from the flight could already be spotted spinning around the carousel. Once I collected this, I headed the short distance to the airport station, heading first to Sasang before transferring to Line 2, catching this twenty stops eastwards to Geumnyeonsan near Busan’s famous Gwangan Beach.

The clean if not slightly basic baggage claim hall

Waiting for the train to Sasang

The last photo of the report taken the next day at Igidae Park in the centre of Busan

In order to remain competitive with Korail’s high speed KTX services between Seoul and Busan, punctuality on the route between Gimpo and Busan is key. Fortunately this is usually the case and my delayed flight that evening was an exception to what in my experience has always been a very punctual service. Aside from delay and equipment swap, which I should mention, was very easily rectifiable, I had no complaints whatsoever. All went smoothly on the ground in both Seoul and Busan and onboard the crew were polite and friendly if not a little robotic. Focusing on the A220, my short ride on the aircraft was comfortable and whilst the legroom seemed a little more cramped than on many of Korean Air’s other aircraft, this still seemed far better than that of many other airlines across the globe. Meanwhile whilst some business passengers may complain about the lack of a real business class section on the aircraft, seeing as the airline’s A220s only perform domestic flights usually no longer than an hour and leisure heavy short haul international routes from Busan to Japan, I don’t think many passengers will take an issue with this. Would I be happy to fly one of Korean Air’s A220s again? Definitely.

That’s all so thank you very much for reading and if you’re at a loose end then feel free to check out my other reports!

Korea Domestic
Air Philip ERJ-145 Gimpo-Gwangju
Asiana Boeing 767 Gimpo-Jeju
Air Busan A320 Busan-Jeju
Jeju Air Boeing 737-800 Busan-Jeju
Jin Air Boeing 777-200ER Jeju-Gimpo
Korean Air Airbus A330-300 Jeju to Busan
Korean Air Boeing 747-400 Gimpo to Jeju
Korean Air Boeing 787-9 Gimpo-Jeju (INAUGURAL KOREAN AIR BOEING 787 FLIGHT)

Short Haul
Bek Air Fokker 100 Almaty-Astana
China Southern Airbus A321 Beijing-Xi’an
Cityjet Avro RJ85 London City-Cork
Far Eastern Air Transport MD-80 Taipei Songshan-Makung
Iberia Airbus A350 Madrid-Heathrow (INAUGURAL IBERIA A350 FLIGHT)
Jeju Air Boeing 737-800 Daegu-Beijing
Joy Air Xian MA60 Yantai-Dalian-Yantai
Meridiana MD-80 Olbia-Gatwick
Motor Sich Yak-40 Kiev-Odessa
Lucky Air Airbus A320 Lijiang-Kunming
Southern Sky Airlines Antonov 24RV Almaty-Balkhash-Astana
Thai Airways Boeing 777-300 Bangkok-Phuket
Tibet Airlines Airbus A320 Kunming-Lijiang
Ukraine International Airlines Boeing 737-800 Kiev-Istanbul
V Air Airbus A320 Taipei-Busan

Medium Haul
Air India Boeing 787-8 Incheon-Hong Kong