Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

jetblue01
Topic Author

PHX-FLL American & Delta

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:10 pm

After taking my last CFI checkride, I was going to Florida for a few days, and then home before I start my job as a flight instructor. I booked this flight because it was scheduled to be a 757 from PHX-CLT. But the night before there was an equipment swap, and they switched it to an A321.

American 567
Phoenix, AZ (PHX) – Charlotte, NC (CLT)
Airbus A321
N920US
Seat 19A
Scheduled Departure Time – 7:35am
Actual Departure Time- 7:40am
Scheduled Arrival Time –1:23pm
Actual Arrival Time- 12:48pm
3 hours 8 minutes

N920US

It was a full flight to CLT. Since the planes had been swapped, there were a lot of issues with seating. The gate agents kept making announcements, for people to come up and get a new seat assignment.

Boarding

19A. Next to N824NN that just arrived from AUS, and departed later in the morning to BOS

By the time everyone had boarded, the door was closed about 10 minutes ahead of our scheduled departure time. A few minutes later, we started to push back. Once the engines were started, we began the taxi to runway 7L. We followed a few other AA Airbuses to the runway. After a long takeoff roll, we turned to the northeast and climbed to FL330.

Taking off 7L

A few times during the flight, it got turbulent. The CA would turn on the seatbelt sign, until things smoothed out. The CA also mentioned, there was a strong tailwind. As a result, the flight was quicker than it usually is.

Descending

Touchdown

After landing, it was a quick taxi to the gate. We parked at gate B11, less then 10 minutes later.

Pulling into next to N751UW, headed to PIT

It was a fairly short layover. I got to my next gate, about 10 minutes before they started boarding.

American 1709
Charlotte, NC (CLT) – Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Airbus A321
N170US
Seat 20A
Scheduled Departure Time – 2:30pm
Actual Departure Time- 2:39pm
Scheduled Arrival Time –4:29pm
Actual Arrival Time- 4:08pm
1 hour 29 minutes

N170US

20A, next to N109UW, preparing for departure to MSP

It was a quick taxi to runway 36R. We were #2 for takeoff, behind a Cirrus. After a long takeoff roll, we turned to the south and climbed up to FL340.

Taxing to the active, N710UW taking off to MLB

The flight passed by quickly. By the time the flight attendants finished the service, we were starting the descent into an overcast and rainy FLL.

Descending into FLL

Final 28R

Short final

Touchdown

10 minutes after landing, we pulled into gate E3

After a few days in Florida, I was going home until I started flight instructing. I had two connections for the flight up to NY. It was very busy when we got to the airport. Every flight was completely sold out, and the airport was filled with families returning from their winter break. The line at check in was very long. They were only allowing people to bring their bags up, if their flight was before a certain time.

Delta 373
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) – Boston, MA (BOS)
Airbus A320
N320US
Seat 13A
Scheduled Departure Time – 2:30pm
Actual Departure Time- 2:49pm
Scheduled Arrival Time –5:39pm
Actual Arrival Time- 5:35pm
2 hours 46 minutes

The plane landed 50 minutes before our scheduled departure time, arriving a little late from RDU. The gate agents made multiple announcements that this was a full flight, and if anyone wanted to check their bags to bring them up. As soon as everyone had deplaned, announcements for boarding began.

N320US at gate D1

Board was very slow. By the time boarding was finished, the door was closed at 2:33pm. We started to push back a few minutes later.

Boarding

13A

Pushed back

Once the engines were started, we taxied to 10L. There was no one ahead of us, so we took the runway and took off without any delay. We climbed via the ZAPPA4 departure, up to FL230. The captain mentioned due to weather, we would be staying low for the flight up the east coast to BOS.

Departing FLL

Once we leveled off, the flight attendants came through with snacks and drinks. There was turbulence off and on throughout the entire flight. Other then that, it was an uneventful flight. We flew just to the east of JFK airport, where we started our descent into BOS via the ROBUC3 arrival.

Flying over JFK

We started descending into BOS, as the sun started to set

Final descent

Final runway 27

Touchdown

We parked at gate A7, a few minutes later. N320US went to DTW, for its next flight.

My next flight to LGA, was on an E170. The plane landed from ORD, a few minutes after my A320.

Delta Connection “Republic” 5910
Boston, MA (BOS) – New York LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
Embraer E170
N867RW
Seat 13A
Scheduled Departure Time – 7:00pm
Actual Departure Time- 7:22pm
Scheduled Arrival Time –8:29pm
Actual Arrival Time- 8:07pm
45 minutes

13A

Boarding was quick, and the door was closed 10 minutes early. A few minutes later, we pushed back. Once the engines were started, we taxied to the end of the ramp. We came to a stop, and sat for almost 15 minutes. Eventually, we continued the taxi towards 22R.

Line Up and Wait

Taking off

We climbed up to 16,000ft. As soon as we leveled off, the flight attendants came through with drinks and snacks. It was a really short flight, and a few minutes later we were descending.

We descended straight in from the north, and landed on runway 22. As we taxied into the gate, we had to hold short for a WS 737 to YYZ taxing out. Once they were clear, we taxied to gate C39.

Delta Connection “SkyWest” 3614
New York LaGuardia, NY (LGA) – Syracuse, NY (SYR)
Embraer E175
N299SY
Seat 3A
Scheduled Departure Time – 9:59pm
Actual Departure Time- 10:08pm
Scheduled Arrival Time –11:12pm
Actual Arrival Time- 10:48pm
40 minutes

The plane had arrived at LGA, from OMA earlier in the evening. Boarding started exactly 30 minutes prior to our scheduled departure time. Everyone took their seats quickly. We started to pushback from the gate, 5 minutes early.

Boarding

Taxing next to an F9 airbus

It was a quick taxi to runway 13. After waiting for a plane landing 22, we took off

Line Up and Wait on runway 13

Turning back to the west, next to LGA

We climbed up to FL200. In first class, the flight attendant came through with drinks and snacks. On flights from NY to SYR in main cabin they do not give anything. It was a very short flight, and before long we were descending.

Climbing out of NY

Descending into SYR

We touched down at 10:48pm, and parked at gate 24 a few minutes later.

September11

Re: PHX-FLL American & Delta

Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:36 am

Nice pictures!
Airliners.net of the Future