Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

seriouslyfunny
Topic Author

(((Video Only))) In Flight Experience: Virgin Atlantic 747 Manchester-New York JFK Upper Deck

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:02 am

Flight Info:
Route: Manchester/MAN - New York/JFK
Airline: Virgin Atlantic
Flight Number: VS 127
Aircraft Type: Boeing 747-400
Class: Economy

Video: https://youtu.be/2MqV2WVzkTc

So I'm kinda one of the original a.netters, from back in the days of the "click here for photos 1-100" buttons on the home page. My checkered history with this site really goes back that far! And it's been just as long since I've wanted to fly on Virgin Atlantic. Fast forward decades later, while booking a trip over to Europe, I wanted to see what exotic aircraft I could get. KLM 747-400 combi over there? Check. So I thought to myself, "Self, doesn't KLM codeshare with Virgin, or partner or something?" Yep, turns out they do! After a while searching I finally found a good connection that would give me a few hours to spot Manchester (weather didn't cooperate, and as it turns out, you need at least a week to change terminals and go through security at MAN :crazy: ) So all good, plus it was a VS 744. Tick Tock on both vehicles over and back. I couldn't click "confirm payment" fast enough, even made sure to get up top, since VS has economy up there, if at a fee.

Virgin was everything I hoped for and everything cool you heard they can be. FA's were awesome, friendly, and professional. Food? Four words: bacon macaroni and cheese. IFE was what you would expect, lots of options including the latest releases, simple to use. Not that I complained but I could see how the lay person wouldn't like the overheads being so small, and the seats seemed slightly narrow, but this could have something to do with the taper on the upper deck, and I was just happy to be, on a 747. And as current world events may dictate, will be for the last time. G-VBIG tapped out about a month later.

Hope you enjoy the in flight experience. just as a note, I go out of the way to make sure my videos aren't about me, but about what you could expect on a similar flight at that point in time. No opinion given; everyone can judge for themselves. I also try to put in some production values into my works, so I hope you like them as much as I like making them!

B