Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jetblue01
Topic Author

Atlanta on jetBlue A320 & E190

Wed May 06, 2020 5:31 pm

I had a long weekend, and was meeting some family in Atlanta. When I was looking at options, there were flights on American, Delta and jetBlue. Some of my family were flying jetBlue, so I decided to meet them in BOS and take the same flight. I was taking an overnight from PHX. I got to the airport at 9:30pm, for my flight.

jetBlue 602
Phoenix, AZ (PHX) – Boston, MA (BOS)
Airbus A320
N712JB
Seat 6A
Scheduled Departure Time – 10:48pm
Actual Departure Time- 11:01pm
Scheduled Arrival Time – 6:38am
Actual Arrival Time- 6:20am
4 hours 19 minutes

N712JB at gate F3 after arriving from JFK

Boarding started at 10:15pm. The flight was almost completely full. A lot of people had bags, and they ran out of room. So, a lot of people ended up having to have their bags checked. By 10:40pm the door was closed, and we started to pushback a few minutes later.

6A, next to N394DX that had just arrived from ATL

About to taxi

Another jetBlue flight from FLL had arrived, and was blocking the taxiway next to us. We ended up having to taxi across the ramp, and exit at the other end. Then we slowly taxied down to runway 25R. When we reached the end, we came to a stop. We had to wait for a few planes, that were arriving. After this we took runway 25R, and departed.

Cleared for takeoff

Taking off

Climbing out of PHX via the MRBIL1 departure

We initially climbed up to flight level 330, before climbing up to FL350 later on in the flight. The flight attendants came through with drinks and snacks. Soon after this the lights were turned down. It was a smooth ride, as we flew across the country towards BOS

Cruising

We started descending 30 minutes before landing. It was an overcast morning, as we descended through multiple cloud layers and rain showers

Final 4R

Short final

Touchdown

As we were taxiing into the gate, we came to a stop. Another aircraft was still at the gate. After waiting for 15 minutes, we were able to continue to the gate

Pulling into the gate, next to N486AS preparing for an early morning departure to SEA

N712JB at gate C25, it departed later in the morning to AUS

I met up with my family, that had flown in from SYR. We had a few hours, until our flight to ATL

jetBlue 1097
Boston, MA (BOS) – Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Embraer E190
N329JB
Seat 18A
Scheduled Departure Time – 9:36am
Actual Departure Time- 9:52am
Scheduled Arrival Time – 12:25pm
Actual Arrival Time- 12:09pm
2 hours 17 minutes

N329JB arriving from ORD

Boarding started at 9:00am. Once everyone had boarded, we sat at the gate for a little bit. The door was closed, a few minutes early. We pushed back from the gate at 9:40am. Once the engines were started, we began the taxi to runway 9.

Pushed back

Cleared for takeoff

Taking off

Climbing out of BOS, via the BLZZR4 departure

Once we leveled off, the flight attendants came through for the service. The flight was not full, so the flight attendants came through multiple times throughout the flight.

Cruising at 36,000ft

Starting the descent into ATL

On downwind for 8L

Final

Touchdown

It was a quick taxi to gate E32

Pulling into the gate

After spending a few days in Atlanta, it was time to head back. My family had a nonstop flight on Delta. I was flying jetBlue again. This time I had a layover in Fort Lauderdale. We got to the airport an hour and a half before the flights.

B6 check in

N804JB arriving at gate E32 from FLL

jetBlue 567
Atlanta, GA (ATL) – Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Airbus A320
N804JB
Seat 6A
Scheduled Departure Time – 4:15pm
Actual Departure Time- 4:39pm
Scheduled Arrival Time – 6:09pm
Actual Arrival Time- 5:57pm
1 hour 18 minutes

Boarding

6A

After the door was closed, we sat at the gate for about 10 minutes before pushing back. Once the engines were started, we began taxiing to runway 27L

Taxiing

VS 747-400

Cleared for takeoff

Taking off

Climbing out of ATL via the SMLTZ2 departure

We leveled off at 37,000ft over the Georgia/Florida border. The flight attendants came through with snacks and drinks. The flight passed quickly, and before long we were starting the descent

Cabin

Cruising at 37,000ft

Descending

Final 10R

Touchdown

Pulling into gate F9, next to N961JT heading to LAX

I had over 3 hours, until my flight to PHX

jetBlue 1157
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) – Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
Airbus A320
N594JB
Seat 6A
Scheduled Departure Time – 9:14pm
Actual Departure Time- 9:23pm
Scheduled Arrival Time – 11:09pm
Actual Arrival Time- 10:50pm
4 hours 27 minutes

This was my second time flying this flight from FLL-PHX. Last time I flew it was in March 2019, a few weeks after it started

N594JB arriving from Cancun

Everyone had boarded, and the door was closed at 9:05pm. We started to pushback a few minutes later. We followed a few other A320s, to runway 10L

Taxiing

Taking off

Climbing via the THNDR4 departure

We climbed up to 34,000ft. Once we leveled off, the flight attendants came through with drinks and snacks. There was some turbulence over Texas, and we climbed up to 36,000ft. Other then that, it was a smooth flight out to PHX.

Descending into PHX on the PINNG1 arrival

Turning final 25R

Touchdown

It was a smooth touchdown, and we pulled into the gate a few minutes later

Pulling into gate F2

i was sitting near the front of the plane. So it was not that long until i deplaned, and headed down to get my bag.

FBWFTW

Re: Atlanta on jetBlue A320 & E190

Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:15 pm

Great report. I usually sit in 5A/6A myself on the A320’s. How was it flying with COVID around? I had heard they weren’t doing as much services! I’ve flown on 329 a few times but never caught the flip side A320 named “my other ride is a jetBlue E190”

jetblue01
Topic Author

Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:04 pm

FBWFTW wrote:
Great report. I usually sit in 5A/6A myself on the A320’s. How was it flying with COVID around? I had heard they weren’t doing as much services! I’ve flown on 329 a few times but never caught the flip side A320 named “my other ride is a jetBlue E190”

That's the seat i sit in a lot. This flight was back in October 2019, so everything was normal. I have flown a few flights since COVID. A few of the flights they did not do any service (AA - ORD-SNA, PHX-LAX, LAX-PHL & UA - IAD-MCO). I have also been on a few flights on DL, where they handed out bags with a few snacks and water bottle, during boarding. This was my 2nd time flying on 329, and i have also flown on 793 “my other ride is a jetBlue E190”.

FBWFTW

Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:02 pm

jetblue01 wrote:
FBWFTW wrote:

That's the seat i sit in a lot. This flight was back in October 2019, so everything was normal. I have flown a few flights since COVID. A few of the flights they did not do any service (AA - ORD-SNA, PHX-LAX, LAX-PHL & UA - IAD-MCO). I have also been on a few flights on DL, where they handed out bags with a few snacks and water bottle, during boarding. This was my 2nd time flying on 329, and i have also flown on 793 “my other ride is a jetBlue E190”.

I consider myself the “king” of riding the same jetBlue A320’s lol. I’ve been on the same A320 on B6 5 different times. Including 708 both with and without sharklets. I’ve generally hit the “avgeek lottery” on Hawaiian where my last two flights were on their newest A330’s. One was fresh from the factory and one within a year and a half of delivery. Although I did have my first trip with HA on the same tail N395HA from JFK-HNL and then HNL-LAX. The link in my signature has all my tail numbers listed back to 1989.

Loved the report.

jetblue01
Topic Author

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:41 pm

FBWFTW wrote:

I consider myself the “king” of riding the same jetBlue A320’s lol. I’ve been on the same A320 on B6 5 different times. Including 708 both with and without sharklets. I’ve generally hit the “avgeek lottery” on Hawaiian where my last two flights were on their newest A330’s. One was fresh from the factory and one within a year and a half of delivery. Although I did have my first trip with HA on the same tail N395HA from JFK-HNL and then HNL-LAX. The link in my signature has all my tail numbers listed back to 1989.

I also have flown on many B6 planes, multiple times. That is impressive, 5 times! I have flown on 665 and 597, each 3 times. On this particular trip, it was my 2nd time on 712, 329 and 594. The only one i had not been on was N804JB.

mcgreg

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:21 am

Good trip report. Looks like fun and totally safe!

September11

Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:17 pm

mcgreg wrote:
Good trip report. Looks like fun and totally safe!

I agree

Many photos to enjoy