Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

wiizardhp
Topic Author

[Video Only] SIN - PVG - CTS via China Eastern Airlines MU 567 & MU 279 onboard A330 and A321

Tue May 12, 2020 2:49 am

Flight Info:
Route: SIN - PVG - CTS
Airline: China Eastern Airlines
Flight Number: MU 567 & MU 279
Aircraft Type: Airbus A330 and A321
Class: Economy

Video Report Link:
https://youtu.be/QK8Kg4k6HnM

This video report features my flight from Singapore to Sapporo with China Eastern Airlines on MU 567 & MU 279. It was overall a pleasant experience flying with China Eastern Airlines.

Our journey starts at Terminal 3 of Changi Airport after quickly dropping by the waterfall light show at Changi Jewel. Upon boarding the aircraft, the ambiance of the A330 cabin feels new. Unfortunately, our flight was delayed due to bad weather at Shanghai. Nevertheless, our flight continued and we took off to the night sky.

The seat in economy had decent leg room, and each seat had pillows and blankets already ready. It also features a personal touchscreen monitor, coat hook, and adjustable headrest. Wifi is also available. The IFE was quite good with new movie releases and TV shows available. As for the meal service, I pre-ordered a seafood meal which was a stir-fry noodles. It was satisfying but the taste for me can be improved.

The cabin was kept dim for the rest of the flight until it was prepared for landing. However, due to the bad weather conditions in Shanghai, our flight was put into a holding pattern causing more delays. We landed in Shanghai with poor visibilty and parked into a remote gate. We then had to use stairs and buses to disembark the aircraft.

Due to the delays, we missed our connecting flight and the next flight will only be available the next day. Good thing China Eastern provided us with hotel accommodations and we can still explore Shanghai during our layover.

The following day, we continued with our flight to Sapporo (CTS). We are flying on an Airbus A321 which was also parked on a remote gate. The seats were just a standard regional seat with decent legroom. The seafood meal on this flight was Fish Curry with rice. It was again satisfying but taste can be improved.

The rest of the flight went smooth as we landed at Sapporo's New Chitose Airport. Despite the delays, it was still a pleasant experience with China Eastern. Their flight attendants have good personality which I liked. Though the food quality have still room for improvements.

Please watch my video report for the complete experience. Thanks!