Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aviationMCO8
Topic Author

[Video Only] United Airlines New Polaris Interior Boeing 787-9 Transcon / Washington Dulles (IAD) - Los Angeles (LAX)

Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:33 pm

Link to the video:
https://youtu.be/srsJ1iUjUzQ

Flight Information:
~Flight Number: UA719
~Class: Economy
~Seat: 35L
~Aircraft Registration: N29981
~Aircraft Age: 1 month old
~Origin: Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
~Destination: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
~Flight Time: 4 hours 47 minutes
~Aircraft Livery: Evo Blue
~Date: August 29, 2020

On 8/28/20 after not flying since may, i finally went back out to go on a trip. This time with United Airlines on 4 flights. After coming in from MCO and spotting and exploring IAD, I headed on over to gate C8 after coming in on the mobile lounge. Being on a BAsic Economy ticket, I was given group 5, but that didn't matter as they were boarding back to front. I bought 35L on the 787-9 which was pretty cool and gave me a nice wingview. We pushed back and the engine start was awesome, shook the whole plane. We headed on over to runway 30 and we took off. Service was brought around 40 minutes after takeoff due to turbulence but I wasn't complaining. FA's gave out a baggie with water, a wipe, mini tortilla chips, and biscoff cookies. Then another FA came and asked for my drink order, I went for the usual Coca-Cola. Then I started to watch some TV on the awesome IFE. United has tons of selections and I really enjoyed it. I was with a good friend of mine @orlando.aviation and when the seat belt sign turned off we went to the back to take photos and we had a really good conversation with the flight attendants. FEw hours later, water bottles were brought around for us to drink. As we got closer to LAX, a FA brought my friend and I two snack boxes from first class, very generous of her and I appreciate that. Very nice crew on my flight on UA1165! We landed, and it was overall a very good flight, I'll definitely try UA's 787 again!