Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aviationMCO8
Topic Author

[Video Only] JetBlue Airways A321 MINT Los Angeles (LAX) - Fort Lauderdale (FLL)

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Link to the video:
https://youtu.be/gdjTt2vHRpk

Flight Information:
~Flight Number: B6100
~Class: Business
~Seat: 5A
~Aircraft Registration: N988JT
~Aircraft Age: 3.6 years old
~Origin: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
~Destination: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
~Flight Time: 4 hours 56 Minutes
~Aircraft Livery: Prism
~Date: May 22nd, 2021

After holding it off for months it was finally time I headed on over to a Mint airport to finally try JetBlue's premium transcon product! I came in from PHX on Southwest Airlines and was able to go from T1 to my gate in T5 during a busy LAX Saturday afternoon in only 32 minutes. I was there pretty early so I walked around and explored LAX for a little bit. Boarding started and as standbys were being called (i was the only one) I was able to get 5A in the mint cabin! Since I was in mint I was able to board right away with group D since Mint passengers can board at anytime. I sat down and at my seat there was bedding, a menu, and an amenity kit. First impressions of the seat was the noticeably good legroom. Flight attendants came around introducing themselves and giving us a pre-flight briefing about mint. We pushed back and had a rather smooth takeoff out of LAX. 30 minutes into the flight, flight attendants took beverage orders and started heating up the food. We got a panini, leek/ginger soup, a Tuscan Kale salad and for dessert a vanilla gelato with apricots. For my drinks I went with a mint condition and a pepsi, the mint condition was very delicious! After meal service wrapped up I decided to try out the lieflat and take a nap for a little bit. The lieflat was very comfortable and it's the best sleep I have had on an airplane! I woke up over Alabama to some very very exciting turbulence and before I knew it we were starting our descent into South Florida! Around 20 minutes before landing we were given a bag that had a juice, canned coffee, a breakfast bar, and chocolate covered cashews. We landed in Fort Lauderdale at 5:04am. I was very impressed with JetBlue's mint service and I will most definitely try it again!

Flight Rating: 10/10

phatfarmlines

Re: [Video Only] JetBlue Airways A321 MINT Los Angeles (LAX) - Fort Lauderdale (FLL)

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Thanks for the video TR. Very surprised to see B6 served a light meal on the red-eye, though it wasn't in the typical "Tapas" presentation.

Don't be shy about filming your journey through the airport on departure and arrival. This will serve as a good reference when people look back, say, 10+ years from now and see what the airport looked like then, especially with all of the large construction projects going on now.