Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

polywad6963
Topic Author

UA PHX-EWR

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:25 pm

Greeting to you all from am altitude of 35000 just southeast of Kansas City! Thought I'd try my hand at a trip report since it seem s the aviation community at least here domestically in the USA is getting back to normal. Today on UA1549, we departed the gate ahead of schedule! (https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KPHX/KEWR) Sitting in seat 2A, was surprised by a nice breakfast with a choice of scrambled eggs (more like southwestern style with potatoes, peppers, cheese, bacon) and a Belgian Waffle with strawberry/banana/blackberry compote. (I will need help on how to upload the pics of the waffle.) The waffle was surprisingly delicious, hot and soft and just enough fruit on top from keeping it from drying out on you. Sides included a peach yogurt that was a bit thick, but had a good size peach slice inside, a fruit cocktail and lemon chips. I have no idea who invented the chips but my God they were dreadful! The flight itself has been uneventful, flight attendants are cheerful and attentive in the cabin. I will say that on the moving map, we have set an altitude record for the flight on a 737! (only 130,720 ft, yes obviously not remotely accurate but still was a bit hilarious to see. Hope for only my 2nd trip report it at least gives you an idea of the experience today at FL350. Wish you all the best.