Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aviationMCO8
Topic Author

[Video Only] United Airlines Polaris Boeing 777-300ER Orlando (MCO) - Chicago O'Hare (ORD)

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Link to the video:
https://youtu.be/SaROqwnbuhw

Flight Information:
~Flight Number: UA1500
~Class: Polaris First Class
~Seat: 9A
~Aircraft Registration: N2644U
~Aircraft Age: 4.1 years old
~Origin: Orlando International Airport (MCO)
~Destination: Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
~Flight Time: 2 hours 30 Minutes
~Aircraft Livery: Continental Globe
~Date: July 7th, 2021

On July 7th my friend Maliq and I headed off to ORD onboard a really really sweet upgrade to the MCO-ORD-MCO frequency, the 777-300ER! For the month of July, United is sending the 777-300ER once a day from O'hare, so I hit up my friend and we decided to go try out United's Flagship! We started the day at the recently reopened United Club and we took a quick look around the area, it is really nice and spacious, also there are lots of good views in the club. Gate agents allowed me to preboard to get photos and videos of the cabin. After I got my photos and videos I asked a flight attendant if I could sit in row 9A for takeoff and a little bit in the flight to review the product and the lead FA said that was fine and I was allowed to move up from my original seat 20A in Premium Plus. We pushed back and I was treated to the best engine start I have ever experienced ever, it shook the whole cabin and it was overall an out of this world moment for me. We made our way to runway 18L we lined up and then turned off the runway for some reason. We held short again, lined up, and by this time we were finally off on our way to Chicago! First impressions of the seat were just impressive. The seat is super comfortable and the legroom is just tremendous! I would definitely splurge on this for a long haul flight. The seat has recline controls on the side which are very easy to use. There are also a few storage compartments which I found to be very useful. The IFE was hugeeeee and had many different show/movie options and lots of other little things like games. For in-flight service I got a coke and then after that I moved back to my original seat for the remaining 40 minutes of the flight up to ORD. It was very nice of the crew to let me sit up there and I really enjoyed my time I had there. After a bumpy decent in ORD we landed a few minutes late and parked in the C gates at ORD. Overall this was such an amazing flight with such an amazing crew, I am forever grateful for their kindness and I will 100% fly UA Polaris again!