Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Ryanair!!!
Topic Author

[VIDEO ONLY] Flight Review | Jetstar | Adelaide-Darwin| Economy Class

Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:32 am

With much of the eastern states on lockdown, and Western Australia not allowing unrestricted travel into their state, there was only that much I could do in terms of travel. My entire (and huge) itinerary in Queensland had to be put on hold, and even though I could go to Tasmania - flights were hard to come by seeing how most of our flights to Hobart from Adelaide go via Melbourne (which was all cancelled).

That left me with one final salvo - DARWIN.

I booked everything 3 days before departure as it became clear none of my planned trips were going to happen. Adelaide Airport looked eerily quiet not because it was early in the morning, but because most flights have been cancelled for the day. Frightening to grasp how the lockdown for half the country can ripple-affect everyone else. Even for those like me who aren't locked down.

The month of August is the apex of winter which meant single digit temperatures so being able to get out even for a few days into the warm embrace of tropical humid Northern Territory was much welcomed.

This flight review will cover my flights with Jetstar on JQ692 ADL-DRW. After my last run in with the JQ crew about my filming, I was a little apprehensive even though the media department gave me the green light. Thankfully, the crew were all friendly and smiley throughout and left me pretty much on my own.

Come join me in this first episode of a series of Darwin related videos. Please enjoy!

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yikZML-XgLU&t=15s