Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jetblue01
Topic Author

Indianapolis: American CRJ-700, E175 & A319

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:59 am

I was taking a quick trip for one night to Indianapolis, for an interview. A few days before I was leaving, I received an email with my flight information. I originally was supposed to be flying SYR-ORD on United, and ORD-IND on American. It was then switched to SYR-ORD-IND all on United. The night before I checked my SYR-ORD flight, and to my surprise saw that it was cancelled due to a crew issue. The flight was supposed to be on N547GJ. This is the same plane I flew back in March from SYR-ORD. That flight was delayed, and I had to switch to another flight too. The next morning, I called and was able to get switched to a different flight. The new flight would be on American.

I got to the airport a little over an hour before departure. There were two people working behind the counter. One of them I knew, they used to work for a different airline. I’ve known her for a long time, from flying a lot. I was surprised to see her at the airline. The other person seemed to be helping a couple who had missed their flight or something. There were about 10 people ahead of me on line. A few people were on my flight to Philly. They were saying the line had not moved in 15 minutes. After waiting for another 10-15 minutes, it was finally my turn. I was quickly able to check my bag with the person I knew. She said she had recently switched airlines, and it was only her second day working there. I was able to get through security pretty quick, and then headed right to the gate. By the time I got there, boarding was just getting started.

American Eagle “PSA” 5496
Syracuse, NY (SYR) – Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Bombardier CRJ-700
N530EA
Seat 16A
Scheduled Departure Time – 4:00pm
Actual Departure Time- 3:56pm
Scheduled Arrival Time – 5:11pm
Actual Arrival Time- 4:44pm
48 minutes

Boarding

16A

Everyone boarded, and we were ready to go by about 3:40pm. The door was closed at 3:45pm, 15 minutes early. We were pushing back two minutes later. The second engine was started, as we were taxiing out to runway 10

There was an overcast layer at 500ft, so it was right into the clouds

We initially climbed up to 15,000ft. After a few minutes it got bumpy, and we descended down to 12,000ft. Drinks were on request only, and it was a pretty quick flight

Descending on the SPUDS4 arrival

Final 27R

Taxiing over to the F gates

Pulling into the gate, next to N652RS that departed later on in the day to Charlottesville

N530EA was heading down to Savannah next

American Eagle “Republic” 4548
Philadelphia, PA (PHL) – Indianapolis, IN (IND)
Embraer E-175
N403YX
Seat 13A
Scheduled Departure Time – 6:40pm
Actual Departure Time- 6:43pm
Scheduled Arrival Time – 8:43pm
Actual Arrival Time- 8:02pm
1 hour 19 minutes

N403YX at gate B8, after arriving from Raleigh

Just like on the first flight, boarding was done pretty early. The door was closed 15 minutes early, at 6:30pm. Two minutes later, we were pushing

13A, next to N418YX that departed right before we did to Nashville

Taxiing to runway 27L

“Brickyard 4548 fly heading 265, runway 27L cleared for takeoff”

We checked in with departure and were cleared to PENSY and up to 10,000ft, before being handed off to NY center

On this flight we started out at 32,000ft, before climbing up to 34,000ft. The flight attendants came through with drinks and snacks. It was a nice sunset. By the time the sky was dark, it was time to start descending

Cruising

About 20 minutes before landing, we started down

Final 23L

Short final

It was a quick taxi to the gate, after landing

N403YX spent the night at gate B16, before its early morning flight to CLT

The interview was early the next morning. After it was done, it was back to the airport for my flight. The flight back would be on American as well, but instead of Philadelphia it would be Charlotte.

American Eagle “Republic” 4941
Indianapolis, IN (IND) – Charlotte, NC (CLT)
Embraer E-175
N105HQ
Seat 13A
Scheduled Departure Time – 1:47pm
Actual Departure Time- 1:59pm
Scheduled Arrival Time – 3:36pm
Actual Arrival Time- 3:13pm
1 hour 14 minutes

N105HQ pulling into the gate from Charlotte

A pretty similar view as the night before

We continued the pattern on this trip, and pushed back early. We taxied out to runway 23L, and took off. As we climbing out, a FedEx 757 passed overhead on the arrival. Once we were clear of them, we climbed up to flight level 270

Climbing out of IND

Cruising

This flight passed quickly. Before long, we were already on the way down

Final 18R

Touchdown

On the way into the gate, we came to a stop for a few minutes. About 15 minutes after landing, we pulled into the gate

N105HQ flew right back to Indianapolis

I didn’t have that long, before my next flight was departing

As I walking to my next gate I saw N403YX arriving after a flight from Appleton, Wisconsin, the plane I had flown the night before

American 404
Charlotte, NC (CLT) – Syracuse, NY (SYR)
Airbus A319
N733UW
Seat 23A
Scheduled Departure Time – 4:20pm
Actual Departure Time- 4:28pm
Scheduled Arrival Time – 6:07pm
Actual Arrival Time- 5:48pm
1 hour 20 minutes

N733UW at the gate after arriving from Jacksonville

Boarding

23A, next to N723UW getting ready to depart to Myrtle Beach

And we were 4 for 4, on early departures. Shortly before we pushed back, they changed the runways. They were now departing to the North. Once the engines were started, we taxied out to runway 36C

Taxiing by N789AN a 777-200 giving way to us, after arriving from London

“American 404, wind 100 @ 8 runway 36C cleared for takeoff”

Climbing out of CLT

It took the flight attendants about 35 minutes to come out for the service. A few minutes later it got pretty bumpy, so they had to sit down. A few minutes later it smoothed out, and they came back through

Cruising at 33,000ft

It was sunny for the entire flight until we got close to Syracuse. It was back into the clouds during the descent

Final runway 10

It was a smooth touchdown

Pulling into the gate

N733UW spent the night in Syracuse, and flew back down to Charlotte early the next morning

KLASM83

Re: Indianapolis: American CRJ-700, E175 & A319

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:23 am

Nice report on a good, solid regional trip. I hope it went well-good luck!

jetblue01
Topic Author

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:42 am

KLASM83 wrote:
Nice report on a good, solid regional trip. I hope it went well-good luck!

Thank you, it did!

BoeingERJ1000

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:01 pm

Really nice pics! (Especially on the second flight) Also, in November 2020, I arrived at the same gate at CLT (C3) on a Republic-operated E175 with the E170 winglets, though it was from Key West (EYW) and the aircraft was N408YX. Also, you might already know this, but AA has several CRJ-700 configurations. The last American Eagle CRJ-700 I went on was N762SK, with a modern interior and Layout 4, in which Row 16 is the second-to-last row. I was in 15A on that flight (BTR-DFW, just over 12 weeks ago). Looks like your CRJ-700 had Layout 2.

jetblue01
Topic Author

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:44 pm

BoeingERJ1000 wrote:
Really nice pics! (Especially on the second flight) Also, in November 2020, I arrived at the same gate at CLT (C3) on a Republic-operated E175 with the E170 winglets, though it was from Key West (EYW) and the aircraft was N408YX. Also, you might already know this, but AA has several CRJ-700 configurations. The last American Eagle CRJ-700 I went on was N762SK, with a modern interior and Layout 4, in which Row 16 is the second-to-last row. I was in 15A on that flight (BTR-DFW, just over 12 weeks ago). Looks like your CRJ-700 had Layout 2.

On this flight i was in 16A, and it was the emergency exit row. Last year i flew on an American Eagle (SkyWest) CRJ-700. On that flight i was i think in 14A, and it was behind the wing.