Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MedFlyerArg85
Topic Author

[VideoOnly] First flight after lockdown. Flying low cost to Bariloche on Flybondi

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:54 pm

Good sunday everyone.

Now I'm gonna share with you my very first flight after the strict lockdown we had in Argentina since COVID's break. It was almost six months without domestic air travel (even moving between provinces by road was prohibited).

So last january, things got a bit loosen up and after months in the first line of batlle (as I'm a health worker myself) against this virus, I took a week off to enjoy Patagonia so I headed to Bariloche.

Flybondi is one of two low cost airlines operating here in Argentina (Jetsmart is the other one). It's name comes from the slang 'bondi': that's how we argies call buses (urban, suburban and long distance ones) so it would be like flycoach or flybus. They operate a fleet of Boeing B737-800 throughout the country and they will resume their intl operation gradually in the next months. They used to operate from El Palomar Airport (the third servicing Buenos Aires, placed 25-ish km in the outskirts) but was closed down by the actual government. So Flybondi is now based on Aeroparque (this report is from Ezeiza as the former was closed in order to improve its only runway).

Flight FO 5270 from Buenos Aires-Ezeiza Ministro Pistarini International Airport (EZE/SAEZ) to San Carlos de Bariloche International Airport Teniente Luis Candelaria (BRC/SAZS).
Date: January 24th, 2021.
LV-HFR - "Arturo".
Seat: 27A

VIDEOREPORT
https://youtu.be/c5cvbLrmxMA

Flight FO 5239 from San Carlos de Bariloche International Airport Teniente Luis Candelaria (BRC/SAZS) to Buenos Aires-Ezeiza Ministro Pistarini International Airport (EZE/SAEZ).
Date: January 31st, 2021.
LV-HFR - "Arturo".
Seat: 16A

VIDEOREPORT
https://youtu.be/4VKH7W0SPZo