Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FligtReporter
Topic Author

(VIDEO ONLY) IndiGo's Shortest Flight ATR72-600 | Lucknow (LKO) to Prayagraj (IXD)

Sun May 01, 2022 3:34 am

Hello fellow Avgeeks,
In March this year IndiGo commenced one of the shortest flights which happens to be between my homebase ( LKO ) and a nearby town of Prayagraj (Also known as Allahabad).The distance between these two cities is approx 180 KMs and the flight time is roughly 30-34 Minutes.

I took this flight a few days ago and one of the most motivating aspect for me to take this flight was that its operated with my favourite Aircraft ATR so just couldnt resist it.I booked a day before departure and the ticket prices are almost fixed as this flight operates under the special gov. initiative called (UDAN) "Udey Desh Ka Aaam Nagrik" translation ( Let the Common Citizen Fly ) and as per this scheme the gov provides subsidy to the airline companies which fly these routes usually connecting them to bigger cities.

Our flight departed on time and reached almost on time.The passenger load was just 25 on way to IXD and yes I had opted for Flexi fare (Which was the same as normal) so I was entitled to a choice of free meal + Beverage + Seat Selection.I have to give it to the crew for being super attentive to serve every pax on board given the short duration of the flight.One of the crew that was serving me had forgotten to serve me my beverage so I had to remind her but I didnt mind it given how short the flight was and almost all 25 Pax were to be served meals.

All in all a very comfortable short hop to Prayagraj from my base and I hope you guys enjoy watching the whole trip..below is the link -: https://youtu.be/rxPBxpYaClw