Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

OrlandoAvHD445
Topic Author

Video and Documentary: The Game Changing Emirates Economy Experience: Newest Boeing 777-300ER Review: Orlando to Dubai

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:00 am

If you would like to watch the video review on the Emirates 777-300ER, feel free to click here

May 25, 2022 marks the day I head to India to chill out and relax during the summer. With many international options of airports to connect from heading eastward from Orlando (I.E. Frankfurt, Dubai, London Heathrow/Gatwick, Manchester, Dublin, etc) I decided to fly with Emirates via Dubai. This page will talk about my experience onboard the newest Game Changer Boeing 777-300ER with the latest product that Emirates provides to date

It all started when I arrived at the Orlando International Airport, Terminal A, at around 6:00 PM in order to check in, since I needed to be there 3 hours prior to my 9:00 PM departure. Unfortunate for us, check in was crazy long with a lot of people waiting in line, unfortunately looking more into this situation, there were only 2 desks for passengers who online checked in, 2 desks for Business and First Class, as well as 2 extra desks for Economy Class Passengers. Since the situation was super confined into one space, we were among the last passengers to check in for our flight, given that it closes at 8:00 PM. When it comes to these lines, it's imperative that one is ready for check in so that the process runs smoothly and prevent delays. Now with that, we had to rush through security and take the tram to Airside 4, ending up at Gate 94, where our Boeing 777-300ER was parked.

Our aircraft that is flying us today is registered as A6-EQP, a 3.6 year old Boeing 777-300ER, this aircraft was delivered brand new to Emirates on October 2018.
A6-EQP was the very last and final Boeing 777 delivery, making this the single newest passenger aircraft in the Emirates 777 fleet. This was completely unexpected since there are only, and to find that out was just absolutely crazy! What are the odds? The Game Changer Interior is fitted on only 9 Boeing 777s so far as listed here (A6-EQH-EQP), so if you get one of these registrations you will be lucky!

Once I reached my gate, we boarded shortly thereafter and got seated in 35A, a very good seat choice indeed, the views from this seat are great! A pillow and headphones are provided for the flight. The mood lighting is AMAZING! It's some of the best I've ever seen, and really gives a completely different vibe in the air! Once we all boarded, we pushed out, taxied out to one of the primary departure runways, Runway 18L and took off, turned up northwards and flew up the East Coast.

The newest 777 has a solid 32 inches of legroom which is very good legroom, very fair width, a substantial amount of recline, and has a full sized tray table which is sufficient for your basic tasks on such a long flight, such as meal services, working, and so on. Each seat has completely unique colors which is amazing, I however, would've loved to see the dune designs seen on older variants of the Emirates 777.

Emirates flight attendants also came around with polaroid cameras and took pictures of families and gave us free frames, really amazing gestures and brings a lot of memories:)

For children, they also provide a lot of entertainment, such as drawing kits, color books, which is also a very good gesture.

The meal services came out really late unfortunately (approx. 12:00 - 1:00 AM) but the flight attendants worked really hard to get everyone's meals ready so it's understandable. Before the pandemic, Emirates used to serve physical menus to each passengers before takeoff, but now it has all moved digital, as you can access the online menu through your ticket reservation on the Emirates app or connect to the Wi-Fi and access from there. First, all special meals and child meals were served out, only then everyone else got their meals served. There were 2 choices, a BBQ chicken with some carrots/rice, or some paneer makhani with some basmati rice. I chose the BBQ chicken dish and it tasted spot on! Portion was amazing, metal cutlery was provided, and the kachumber salad, choice of drink, and triple chocolate delice that also comes with the meal tasted great as well! Emirates really knows how to thoroughly impress their customers. Once the meal service was over, I decided to snooze for a good 7 hours until I woke up passing Western Europe.

During mid-flight, the flight attendants served a mid-flight snack which consisted of an Emirates pizza and a drink along with that, in which I got an orange juice. The pizza is decent, it wasn't amazing, but not terrible.

I really enjoyed the in-flight entertainment system with over 5,000 TV shows, movies, and tons of information to look through and watch, it will assuredly keep you entertained even on the longest flights. There is also a customizable in-flight map where you can see where you are in the world, specific timings, etc.

The lavatory was also very creatively made with a beautiful tree painted on the wall, a wooden toilet seat, a fairly specious space and overall a clean lavatory, very important that you keep hydrating, wearing your mask and washing your hands on such a long-haul flight, even though airlines have relaxed the COVID restrictions. Overall, the game changer interior is super impressive with the stars above, the beautiful patterns throughout the cabin, really liked how Emirates paid attention to detail on the lighting, cabin design, and the seating.

As you will see if you clicked on the video, the mountains just passing over the Middle East and Europe were just some of the most beautiful views and points that nature has to offer, it brings a super calm vibe on top of the already amazing economy experience.

Then finally, the second meal service occurred roughly an two to three hours prior to landing. This time, there were also two options, one continental option consisting of a scrambled eggs dish with some kofta, tomatoes, shredded potatoes, and mushrooms, as well as a South Indian inspired dish consisting of some medu vada with some upma and sambhar curry. Both of these dishes tasted FANTASTIC! This time, fruit cups, yoghurt with some oatmeal, and a choice of drink was provided. Metal cutlery and bread were also provided. Overall, food on this flight tasted great, and had a good sizeable quantity.

And just like that, 14 hours passed by really quickly and we made our initial descent and landed on time into Dubai International Airport at around 7:30 PM. From there, I will be connecting onto another Emirates flight to Bengaluru's Kempegowda International Airport. Overall, just to give my two cents, this flight on the game changer Boeing 777-300ER was absolutely amazing. I have flown Qatar Airways (A350, 77W, 788) and can confidently say that Emirates has a much better product in my opinion. The crew were nice and friendly on this flight, and this new product is definitely game changing, the IFE was mind-blowing and the food on this flight was great. The cabin aesthetics is another level as there is a lot of fun in regards to Emirates overall. Below are my ratings.

Flight Rating
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ground Crew: 7/10
Booking Experience: 9/10
Airport Experience: 8/10
Food and Beverages: 10/10
Flight Attendants/Service: 10/10
IFE: 10/10
Seat Comfort: 10/10
Cabin: 10/10
Value for Money: 9/10
Overall: 9.6/10

Now, the real question is have you ever traveled on Emirates' Game Changer Interior on the 777/A380? If you did, how was your experience? Let me know down below!
Any inquiries, comments, concerns, don't hesitate to leave a comment down below. Thank you for reading this post!