Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

0hAerqplane
Topic Author

Going from SFO to CUN via IAH on United Airlines!

Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:53 pm

So I arrived at SFO around 9:30 AM just 1 hr 30 mins before departure time at 11:02 AM and there was a delay for almost 30 minutes because aircraft didnt arrive. The plane was N37528, delivered in 2019.

UA 762
SFO-IAH
Departure time: 11:02 AM (actual: 11:32 AM)
Arrival time: 4:57 PM (actual: 5:18 PM)
Flight time: 3 hrs 19 mins
Block time: 3 hrs 46 mins
Seat: 27F
Aircraft: Boeing 737 MAX 9

Boarding started at 11:02 AM probably because the plane arrived at the scheduled time to the gate.Image
Image Then when I stepped on the plane, I headed straight to my seat. The legroom on the aircraft was probably good, for a preffered seat.
Image I looked up the internet and looked up Korean Air. Image
ImageThe plane took off around noon and took great pictures of San Francisco. ImageThen I was served with snacks such as pretzels and Coke as the drink.Image
I just took pictures for the rest of the flight before we landed at IAH after I was finished with the snack and drink. We landed at IAH around 5:11 PM, and after I deboarded the aircraft, I did nothing for 2 days.

I got to IAH, 2 days later around 3 hrs before my flight. I waited and played some Pokemon GO before boarding time because I was bored. It was my first international trip in 3 years since 2019. The aircraft was N67815, delivered in 2014.

UA 1083
IAH-CUN
Departure time: 2:20 PM (actual: 2:18 PM)
Arrival time: 5:40 PM (actual: 5:35 PM)
Flight time: 1 hr 58 mins
Block time: 2 hr 17 mins
Seat: 8F
Aircraft: Boeing 737-900ER

Boarding started at 1:40 PM and they were weight restrictions on the aircraft. I boarded and settled to my seat on the aircraft.ImageImageImage Legroom was fine on this flight because it was an extra legroom seat. During taxiing to runway, I saw the rarest aircraft at IAH, I have never seen which was the Boeing 767-400ER, and the registration on it was N66056, delivered in 2001 to Continental Airlines. Image
After, we took off from IAH, and it was a steep climb, to FL350. Image
Image Then, I was served snacks again such as pretzels and nothing for a drink.Image During the rest of the flight, I watched this movie called Jaws, which involves sharks. I paused the movie and shut down my computer, when the plane was about to descend into CUN. Then, we landed at CUN and then had to wait for a gate because airplanes share gates at CUN. Image After I exited the aircraft, I had to go through immigration. Then, I waited and took a shuttle to the resort, I was staying at. After, I walked up to my hotel room and then went to a buffet nearby, inside the resort. Then, I walked back to my hotel room again and slept. ImageImageImage

AAPilot48Heavy

Re: Going from SFO to CUN via IAH on United Airlines!

Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:47 pm

How do you know the flight was weight restricted?

I find that very hard to believe on a 2 hour flight.in fact, it just is plausible and I call total BS on that.

Just the fact that it was only a 2 hohr fligbt means it would have left well below MTOW given the significantly reduced fuel load needed.

Like most things, you just made that up.

0hAerqplane
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:18 am

AAPilot48Heavy wrote:

I find that very hard to believe on a 2 hour flight.in fact, it just is plausible and I call total BS on that.

Just the fact that it was only a 2 hohr fligbt means it would have left well below MTOW given the significantly reduced fuel load needed.

I did not, the people of the flight at the gate announced there were weight restrictions, items had to be placed under the seat.

AAPilot48Heavy

Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:21 am

0hAerqplane wrote:
AAPilot48Heavy wrote:

I did not, the people of the flight at the gate announced there were weight restrictions, items had to be placed under the seat.

Where else would they put them? What does that have to do with weight restrictions?

0hAerqplane
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:24 am

AAPilot48Heavy wrote:
0hAerqplane wrote:
AAPilot48Heavy wrote:

Where else would they put them? What does that have to do with weight restrictions?

Probably fuel load and amount of fuel remaining.

AAPilot48Heavy

Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:27 am

[twoid][/twoid]
0hAerqplane wrote:
AAPilot48Heavy wrote:
0hAerqplane wrote:

You clearly didn’t even understand what I was asking. You misunderstood the gate agent or she had no idea what she was talking about.

I’ll bet my life that flight was not weight restricted. Putting bags under the seat has nothing to do with it.

0hAerqplane
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:48 am

AAPilot48Heavy wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
0hAerqplane wrote:
AAPilot48Heavy wrote:

You clearly didn’t even understand what I was asking. You misunderstood the gate agent or she had no idea what she was talking about.

I’ll bet my life that flight was not weight restricted. Putting bags under the seat has nothing to do with it.

I mean the gate agent now, I listened to the conversation and told about what she said.

AAPilot48Heavy

Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:49 am

Thanks. It wasn’t weight restricted.

0hAerqplane
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:10 am

AAPilot48Heavy wrote:
Thanks. It wasn’t weight restricted.

They were probably lying.

VMCA787

Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:31 am

It could have been a MLW issue, especially, if fuel was required to be tankered into CUN. However, as has been pointed out, the comments about placing objects under the seat aren't going to make a difference.