Trip Report On SQ Part One

Wed Aug 16, 2000 3:41 pm

Segment One SIN-KIX 2310 hrs 11/06/1999

On the night of 11/06/1999, I together with my family members boarded SQ 986, non-stop from Singapore Changi Int'l(SIN) to Kansai Int'l (KIX).The plane, 9V-SMC, a Boeing 747-412 of SQ, was parked at gate F59 and we boarded the aircraft.I got row 35K, a windowless window,as all our seats were assigned by my uncle who works in SQ together with my mom.My relatives were also on the flight.On the ground,I turned on the Krisworld TV set and watched the flight information channel.(Channel 22)They gave out nice,warm hot towels which really freshened me up for the 6 hour flight.

2355 hrs

Pushback to runway 02R. the gate, being near the runway, and also the half-empty airport.We took off at 2358 hrs and soon, we were at 35, 000 feet and headed towards KIX.So I kept my Krisworld on and did not sleep on the whole flight.

0530 hrs

Breakfast.The stewardesses served some muffins and the usual breakfast stuff, and at 6 am they came to collect the dishes.

0645 hrs

Pilot came on PA system and asked as to buckle our seat belts as we were approaching KIX and the stewardesses went around collecting back the headsets.

0700 hrs

We landed in KIX after an uneventful, 6 hour flight.WE bounced up on the runway with springs and taxied to the International section of the terminal.

0715 hrs

We walked out of the aircraft and onto the skytrain which brought us to the immigration area.Collecting our luggage was pretty fast and the immigration clearance was fast too.

0725 hrs

Met our tour guide and went around touring the whole of Japan.......

Hope you liked it!

Rgds,
Gundu

RE: Trip Report On SQ Part One

Thu Aug 17, 2000 3:47 am

Nice report. Thanks. I have a question, though. How do you change the color of your text ?

Thx, Rgds, B737-700

Thu Aug 17, 2000 3:53 am

Great report! Was this your first time on SQ? I doubt it is since your uncle works for them.

Thu Aug 17, 2000 2:55 pm

Well,I have flown on SQ almost all of my life and my mom works there too.B737, how to do mine is (font color="yellow"),replacing the ( ) with < >.Look out for part 2!

Gundu