Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Northwesta319
Topic Author

Phoenix Trip- Part Two Of Two

Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:22 pm

Left My Aunt's House And Got Onto Loop 202. Returned The Rented Windstar Van To Advantage And Took The Shuttle To Terminal Four.
Checked In At Southwest...No Line At All! Got The Bags Scanned At TSA, And Was On The Way To Gate C8.

Southwest Airlines Flight 2852
Phoenix - Chicago Midway
Scheduled Departure Time: 5:05pm
Actual Departure Time: 6:32pm
Scheduled Arrival Time: 10:25pm
Actual Arrival Time: 11:27pm
Departure Gate: C8
Arrival Gate: B7
Seat: 4A
Bording Group: A
Aircraft: N418WN

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Don Boyd

When I Sat Down, I thought to myself that the seats were so comfortable! There was a lot of legroom, where i could strech out and sit
comfortably.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bruce Leibowitz

We took off, and the flight attendents (who were really really nice) came around with drinks and snacks.
There were a lot of kids on this flight, and they were really loud. We had a pretty smooth flight.
Around Kansas City, we flew ON TOP of a lightning storm...it was really cool. Seeing the lightning under you.

We started our desent and the flight attendant gave people cups of water if they wanted it. We landed and made our way to the gate.
Midway was pretty much shut down because it was almost Midnight. There was one more flight coming in. (another WN from PHX)

Took the shuttle bus to the blue lot, got in the car and got on the highway. Great flight. I really like Southwest!

Northwesta319
Topic Author

RE: Phoenix Trip- Part Two Of Two

Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:21 am

Oops, forgot to add:

The C Concourse in Phoenix was literally a zoo. Everywhere, there were heards of people moving around. It made it hard to move around. Our little gate was crammed with people.

During the whole flight, it was dark outside. The lights were off, but once we landed they turned all the lights on. That can really hurt your eyes.

All the little kids (there were 10 or more kids) were yelling and screaming really loud. I wanted to thank the super-friendly flight attendents for their efforts to quiet down the kids.

This was strange: My uncle and cousin (who we were staying with) were on a flight to Chicago Midway that left at 3:00. All flights going to MDW were delayed that day. I had no idea why. The TZ, AA, UA flights were not deleyed. Is this a WN thing? Anybody know?

catholic2006

Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:59 am

OOH, yes, I know, it's because I DON"T like Southwest, but that alright cuz you do.
That was a really good trip report (as usual). How old were these kids? Why were they acting so "jungle maniac"ish? What is up with that? That is not cool! What did they serve you to eat? the flight attendants were nice? Are you 4real? Are we talking about the same airline? Well, I hope you reply, and I really liked your post. God bless!!!

-Chris
Ne vous inquietez pas. Je ne vous hais pas . . . . encore, mais faites attention !

Northwesta319
Topic Author

Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:05 am

The kids were all under 10. We had to figure out weight because it was so hot outside. Since it was full, and it was 116 outside, we would use a lot of fuel taking off. We were very close to making a fuel stop in MCI.

The kids were loud because they were bored. WN is really boring, they need some sort of IFE. We got a snack box with Fruit Jell Snacks, Oreos, Cheeze Nips and Cinnamon Bears. I had then my aunt snuck a ham sandwich into my backpack. mmmmmmm.... The flights were really nice.

Patrick

catholic2006

Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:26 am

Well, if they were under 10 then that's understandable and yes Southwest is boring. They didn't give us all that snack stuff. You were lucky!! Thanks again and God bless!!!

-Chris
Ne vous inquietez pas. Je ne vous hais pas . . . . encore, mais faites attention !

Northwesta319
Topic Author

Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:59 pm

About the snacks...

from southwest.com

If your total flight itinerary includes a series of flights that each are less than two hours in duration, you will be served peanuts/pretzels on each flight segment. If your flight itinerary includes any nonstop flight longer than two hours, you will be served a packaged snack on that flight segment. Southwest Airlines does not serve sandwiches or meals, however, you may bring something to eat onboard.

Our flight was over 2h

catholic2006

Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:00 pm

Haha!! I read that already!!! but thanx, yo!!

-Chris