Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kevin752
Topic Author

LAX-LAS-LAX On Southwest Airlines

Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:11 pm

I just came home from my wonderful trip to Las Vegas. Me and my mom went and stayed at the Bellagio. For you people that have not been to Vegas in a while it is the best hotel in Vegas. Enough about that. On Tuesday We left to LAS. We get to the air port around 11:30am for a 2:55pm flight but we had to park the car in the outer lots at LAX. Check in went very quickly.

Southwest Airlines
Date:aug.12,2003
Flight:1113
Aircraft: 737-300 Old colors
Seat: 6c open seating on all flights
Gate:1
departed: 2:55PM
Arrived:3:50pm
Gate:C5
I got in the plane and saw that it was clearly an older aircraft by the overhead bins but the plane had all new seats the brown and blue leather seats. I had never flown Southwest before so this was all new to me. I find the seat on the aisle and my mom sits behind me. The flight was sold out. One lady was almost sent to another flight since the plane had no extra seats. The f/a found her the last seat on the plane. The F/A closed the door on this flight because I watched her. The take off was excellent. I love the 737-300 so much. I have done a lot of plane watching so I knew the run way they were going to use and I was right we took off on the lincon AVe side of LAX. As we took off I saw the water of the pacific below me. I got my drink and had to drink quick because the plane was already descending into LAS. The service was excellent. We landed and made a nice stop at the gate and left the wonderful 737.

Southwest Airlines
Date:aug.14,2003
Flight:186
Aircraft:737-300 shamu One livery
Seat:8F
Gate:C25
Departed:12:40pm Departed late
Arrived:1:30pm
Gate:3A

Me and my mom got to the airport at 9:15am. We got checked in at 9:30am. So we had about an hour and a half. Before boarding for our flight would start. I was now waiting for the plane to come and I see shamu coming but I knew that I would not be lucky enough to fly on it. Well I was and It came to our gate and I was really excited. Boarding started and I got into the plane to see the same seats inside. The blue and brown leather seats and the new blue carpet. I sat down and I was now re3ady to go. So the plane was now fully boarded with each seat full. Now we are just staying at the gate with the 1L door ajar. The air conditioning was now off since we were not going anywhere so the plane was getting hot. Finally the capt. Said person checked bags to LAX but that he/she was not on the plane so they had to find the bags and take them off. Finally that happened and the door was closed and the plane was towed out. The usual briefing was done. I kind of watched. The plane now taxing to the runway. We taxied a lot before we got to take off roll. finally the 737 got to the runway and applied all of the throttle and we took off. Those 737-300's are still very strong in their older age. Those planes were made before I was born and I am 17. The take off was a bit turbulent but not to bad. The flight was pretty smooth. Once I got my drink the plane was landing just about so I drank fast. We landed nicely at LAX and now I was Home. shamu came to the gate and me and my mom went to get our suitcase and went home.

In conclusion I LOVE SOUTHWEST AIRLINES. I fell in love with them and I got to fly my favorite 737 series. I will continue to make and effort to fly Southwest airlines.
LIVE LONG 737-300.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Shawn Byers
View Large View Medium

Photo © Josep Manchado - IBERIAN SPOTTERS

View Large View Medium

Photo © James Richard Covington, Jr
View Large View Medium

Photo © James Richard Covington, Jr

"Keep Climbing"

atrude777

RE: LAX-LAS-LAX On Southwest Airlines

Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:22 pm

HEY!!!!

GREAT trip report!!! I always LUV flying on Southwest Airlines. They to are my favoirte airlines. It really suroised me taht you didn't get a -700. I realize u got what u wanted but ti still surprised me.....Anyway. The blue and brown seats are AWESOME!!!! I love flying them!!!

what aircraft reg was it again??

I knoiw its N334SW for the Shamu one but what was the other??

Alex.
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

catholic2006

Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:48 pm

That was a really good report.
I remember flying the Shamu plane home from Disney World when I was a little kid.
The drink service takes awhile, though, doesn't it?

-Chris
Ne vous inquietez pas. Je ne vous hais pas . . . . encore, mais faites attention !

Northwesta319

Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:23 am

Great Report! Glad someone else here loves Southwest as much as I do!