Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

atrude777
Topic Author

American Connection STL-MWA Flight 5913-CANCELLED!

Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:15 am

American Connection Flight 5913
Scheduled Departure: 8:01PM
Actual Departure: N/A
Scheduled Arrival: 8:46PM
Actual Arrival: N/.A
Aircraft: Bae Jetstream 32
Reg: N/A

I checked the screens for my flight to Marion. It was delayed until 8:30pm. Mad as hell, as I wanted to GET HOME!!! I proceeded to gate B-10. There were four more flights before the Marion flight that was leaving from Gate B-10. I checked in and asked why it was delayed. The reply, the crew was stuck in Springfield, Mo. OK then I thought, I grabbed a seat and waited. 8:30pm comes by and nothing yet. I strike up a conversation with an SIU student. Then I heard an announcement. “Ladies and gentlemen, flight 5913 to Marion, has been canceled” Now here I am thinking..”shit, shit shit shit and oh yeah SHIT!!”. Now how the hell am I gonna get home now I thought!! The agent told me to go to the customer service desk in the C concourse. So Myself, and 2 other ladies plus some 2 guys who went to SIU and an older woman all walked down to the C concourse to the desk, and we all mentioned our problem. We were all offered a hotel and food voucher and a ticket on the next flight home to Marion, which was leaving at 10:46am the next day. Myslef and the SIU students declined as we all had school the next day. I said there are NO flights to ANYWHERE?? The agent said No, so I paged my dad to let him know what happened. His reply” I will come get you”. Isn’t he an awesome dad for doing that?? Driving all the way up to STL(2 hour drive each way…)and then coming to pick me up and then driving all the way back?!?! So then I walked back to the gate and canceled my flight for the next day and returned the hotel voucher and food. I asked for a refund for the STL-MWA flight which was 56 dollars. I then went out and waited two more hours for my dad, and then met him and gave hugs and then drove home….

::sigh:: didn’t get home until 1:00am….

NEVER AGAIN FLY AMERICAN AIRLINES!!! YOUR CREW MAY NOT SHOW UP!!!

Alex.
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

JBLUA320

RE: American Connection STL-MWA Flight 5913-CANCELLED!

Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:41 pm

While I understand your concern, your flight was scheduled on Corporate Airlines, and I think they do their own scheduling of crews. So its Corporate, not AA, that screwed up

JBLU

OH-LGA

Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:52 am

It happens... it's not a routine thing but it does happen... and while it does really suck, you pretty much have to suck it up and deal with it. I mean, it's not like the airlines like to cancel flights for the sheer fun of inconveniencing passengers or anything. It happens to every airline. The odds are probably better than winning the lottery, it's just too bad it's not the other way around eh?  Smile

Kai
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

tekelberry

Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:32 am

NEVER AGAIN FLY AMERICAN AIRLINES!!! YOUR CREW MAY NOT SHOW UP!!!

Sorry to burst an AA hater's bubble, but your weren't flying on AA. It was either Trans States, Chatauqua, or Corporate which are not owned by AMR.

American Eagle is a different story.

[Edited 2003-09-05 23:33:08]

JBLUA320

Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:05 am

That route is Corporate

JBLU

atrude777
Topic Author

RE: American Connection STL-MWA Flight 5913-CANCEL

Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:14 am

The reason I said NEVER FLY ON AA AGAIN: YOUR CREW MAY NEVER SHOW UP was because I was reffering to the MWA-STL-OKC where the crew did not show up for the STL-OKC leg of the trip which caused the flight to be canceled and THAT was an AA flight. But this report isn't about that....Yes I do understand it was flown by Corporate.....I was probably lucky I was offered the hotel and food voucher even though the flight is not operated by AA and was not AA's fault. But thanks for your replys, and I do know about the answers you gave me.

Alex.
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

AA 777

Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:19 pm

Atrude777,

In what appears to be your favorite word...SHIT happens! Dont be giving AA such a bad wrap because of one trip

AA 777
Matt

[Edited 2003-09-06 06:20:46]
CRJ-700 FO

atrude777
Topic Author

Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:02 pm

because of one trip??

in WEEKEND flying MWA-STL-OKC-STL-MWA on AA/AA Connection I experinced...

Delayed-MWA-STL
Canceled- STL-OKC
Delyaed STL-DFW
Stand by DFW-OKC
STL-OKC(My new trip) DELAYED
OKC-STL DELAYED
STL-MWA CANCELED.
so..... 4 delayed flights, and 1 stand by, and 2 canceled flights. ALL ON AA. I thought it was odd Delta, and Southwest and United and Northwest the other airlines didn't have the delays when I flew out of STL AUG 29TH. Then flying back home, Southwest didn't seem to have as mnay delays as AA did. Yes I realize AA has a bigger route scheduling then WN but they still flew the same routes out of STL. but this is all another topic. I will fly AA again ONLY if 1. They are the cheapest, and 2. I HAVE to fly out of MWA.

Alex.

tekelberry

Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:26 am

Atrude777,

A plane isn't considered delayed or late unless it arrives at the destination more than 14 minutes past its original time. In fact, last year AA had the 2nd best US on-time performance ranking.

AA777MIA

Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:09 am

And was there weather anywhere????

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:51 am

Tekelberry-

ALL my delayed or Late flights were most definetly AFTER 15 minutes.

AA777MIA- There was a storm that kicked through STL before I came through, but that wasn't the reason for my cancellment for STL-OKC and STL-MWA.

Alex.

prosa

Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:18 am

While I understand your concern, your flight was scheduled on Corporate Airlines, and I think they do their own scheduling of crews. So its Corporate, not AA, that screwed up

That's true, but then again by entering into its arrangement with Corporate Airlines, AA has to take on some responsibility for its performance.

"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

AA777MIA

Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:52 pm

So what was the reason? Who do you know that the crew had not been on duty for over their max, or that they were stuck somewhere else because of weather? Airlines do not just cancel flights just because, it causes a HUGE ripple in the system when they do...

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:00 pm

I talked to the agent and all she said was, "There is no crew available to fly you to OKlahoma City" ALl I knew from doing research was the plane was coming in from Washington Dc-DCA airport. And it never arrived from DCA. I do not know WHY the crew didn't show up, and I do not know IF they were over due the hours.

However the STL-MWA was cancleed also due to NO CREW avaible as well, and they told me the pilots were in Springfield, MO.

Alex.

tekelberry

Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:32 am

Weather is every airline's evil enemy. You state that there were some storms in that region, so your crew was probably stuck in Springfield due to a weather issue. If everything went right that day, including weather, you would have had a crew.