Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bmia330
Topic Author

Southwest Airlines PHX-MDW 7/16/03

Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:58 am

I arrived at Sky Harbor and used the Rapid Check-In Kiosks, I do like them. I then got my bags tagged to MDW and scanned, no problems going through. I then made my way upstairs and bought a large coffee from Starbucks, then went through security without setting off the alarm. I looked at my bording pass, we were leaving from Gate C8, so I made my way to the end of the concource to Gate C8, but since the gate was full because there was a flight leaving for Detroit late, I just went to C7 and read my book until the gate was clear.

I moved over and sat next to the door, because I had an A bording pass. The flight was scheduled to depart at 5:05pm, and at about 4:55pm, the gate agent announced that it had just taken off from Oakland and should be arriving in one hour. I pulled out my laptop and just worked until I saw our plane pull up, at about 5:54pm. It was a 737-300, in "Canyon Blue" colors.

Southwest Airlines flight 2852
PHX-MDW
Scheduled Departure: 5:05pm
Actual Departure: 6:40pm
Scheduled Arrival: 10:35pm
Actual Arrival: 11:52pm

I sat in the front of the plane, we backed up and were number 4 in line after American, America West, Mesa, and United took off. It was finally our turn. It sure took us a while to become airborne, but once we did, flight time was announced as three hours and thirty minutes. Once we reached 10,000 feet, I pulled out my laptop and started working again. The flight attendents came around with drinks and a box of snacks.

This flight was full of small children. They were yelling and screaming since we reached our crusing altitude until initial approach- except for one. During the whole decent, he was yelling and crying. I think because his ears hurt. I was going to offer the mother a piece of gum for him, but I had none left. We landed late, and there was two more flights coming in. Another Southwest arriving from PHX and an ATA. Took the shuttle to the red lot and went home.

I Think I Will Fly Southwest Again.

BMIa330

johnboy

RE: Southwest Airlines PHX-MDW 7/16/03

Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:36 am

I've started using the Rapid Check-in Kiosks recently also.

I can't tell you how many people will run over to me and say, "You can't use that because you have baggage!" But hey, sometimes the difference between standing in line just waiting can mean the difference between getting a "B" card and a "C" card.

Northwesta319

Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:00 am

BmiA330-

I was on that flight as well. I was also sitting in the front of the plane, in row 4. Maybe we talked to each other- I talked to people while in the gate.

jeffrey1970

Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:25 pm

That was nice of you to make an attempt to offer the mother gum for the child.

God bless through Jesus,

Jeff
God bless through Jesus, Jeff