BA380

RE: BA Next Generation Club World: LHR-IAD (w/pics)

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:04 am

Quoting BA380 (Reply 45):
does anyone know if the 'soft' changes are already on all a/c - ie the new crockery, the new trendy cushion etc?

Indeed. I've seen them on all my longhaul flights for the last couple of months now.

excellent... am off to JFK next week so looking foward to it. I wonder if F still has the Wedgwood china with the silver sliver. I used to have one (slipped into my bag by accident) but it broke.
cabin crew: doors to automatic and cross-check...

cjh2007

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 am

If i may ask Fbgdavidson... which bose headphones do you use... QC2 or 3, or even 1...?
Is it the kerosene, or is it just me...

fbgdavidson
Topic Author

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:33 am

Quoting CXfirst (Reply 48):
What was the question?

Something to do with the design Leonardo Da Vinci created for a form of flying machine....

Quoting Cjh2007 (Reply 51):
If i may ask Fbgdavidson... which bose headphones do you use... QC2 or 3, or even 1...?

The revised version of the QC2 that came out in late 2005. I did have the original QC2s but sold them to my brother. Supposedly the revised version has a stronger headband, and indeed mine are yet to break, or show any signs of breaking.

I did look at the QC3s when they came out but was put off by the rechargeable battery and the fact that although they are smaller than the QC2s the case they were in at the store was the same size as the QC2! No benefit to myself...
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

wrighbrothers

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:07 am

does anyone know if the 'soft' changes are already on all a/c - ie the new crockery, the new trendy cushion etc?

Yes, the crcokery is used on most iarcrafts now because the catering company has been issued the, and so it's just easier to use that on all aircrafts. The cushions, again have been 'installed'.

Quoting Englandair (Reply 49):
I've never understood why on services from LGW the afternoon tea sandwitches come unwrapped with a small salad (and so are presented in a much nicer fasion), whereas sarnies from LHR always look like they've just been bought for £1.50 from Tesco! Maybe as BA Stew says it's to maintain freshness- an 8 hour flight to the Carribean ex LGW isn't half as long as some of the services ex LHR.

Perhaps they use a different catering company at LGW, or the catering company is told to do so, as LGW has a smaller amount of passengers and flights to deal with so presentation can be better ?

wrighbrothers
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..

Shamrock_747

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:14 am

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Reply 53):
Perhaps they use a different catering company at LGW, or the catering company is told to do so, as LGW has a smaller amount of passengers and flights to deal with so presentation can be better ?

That's right... catering at LGW is provided by Alpha as opposed to Gate Gourmet at LHR.

BA380

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:08 am

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Reply 53):

Yes, the crcokery is used on most iarcrafts now because the catering company has been issued the, and so it's just easier to use that on all aircrafts. The cushions, again have been 'installed'.

I flew to JFK in J yesterday and had the new cushion. I have to say it looked pretty worn already! I wonder if they will survive long-term if they get delapidated so quickly?

industrybuff

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:31 pm

Wow, that report was great.

Can anyone who has flown on this new product recommend the best seat in the house.. Im flying LHR to JFK in september on a new CW equipped B744..... I so want to sit in privacy and quiet.

Any suggestions ?

Similarly, can you anyone suggest a similar seat on a B777 that I am flying from DXB to LHR ?

Thanks so much
Ibuff

BA380

Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:18 pm

The 777s have not been embodied with the new product yet, so can't make any recommendations.

The 744 - most people like the last row of the Upper Deck (64K) as it is hugely private and you don't have to step over anyone.

I personally like 13D, as the lower deck is more spacious and the front row aisle seats have the benefit of an area about 1 square foot large behind the person next to you where you can leave your bag/shoes etc.

fbgdavidson
Topic Author

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:24 pm

Quoting Industrybuff (Reply 56):
Can anyone who has flown on this new product recommend the best seat in the house.. Im flying LHR to JFK in september on a new CW equipped B744..... I so want to sit in privacy and quiet.

Privacy and quite, without question means upper deck. If you go for 64K then you'll have the same view that I did. It means you can get out of the seat without having to leap over someone's legs which is one of the main criticisms of Club World. 64A is a mirror image of 64K but you don't have as much of a wall in front of you. There is a wall directly ahead of you but to the left (as you are seated) there is a shelf where newspapers and the laid out. I prefer 64K, with the privacy screen up you are very secluded  thumbsup 

62A and 62K are other good seats, they are backwards facing exit row seats and offer good legroom if you are taller than 6ft. Watch out for all the loose articles on the shelf that come flying down it during takeoff. You could end up with menus, headphones, washbags, newspapers all in your lap!  biggrin 

If you can't get a seat upstairs then downstairs try the small cabin downstairs. Go for 14A or 14K, nice window seats with the aforementioned advantage of not having to step over someone elses legs. Less personal space than the upper deck though, where you get the shelf and window cupboards to throw all your crap in.

Good middle seats are 14E/F. A couple of rearward facing seats that have a nice amount of space between them and the bulkhead. Good for storing bags and things during the flight.

Most importantly though, go for upper deck. Feels a world apart from the main deck and the window seats have a lot of space.

As for the 777, well no real 'must have' seats. I usually go for 10 or 11A/K, mainly because they are rearward facing seats that are nearer the front of the cabin enabling a quick exit for immigration. If you don't want to step over people's legs then go for 15A/K, however you are just a thin bulkhead away from WT+ and the bassinet positions.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey