Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:19 am

The basic trip report.......

Airline/Routing: AA DTW-DFW
EQP: S80
Cabin: First
Load: 60%
Flight Status: On-Time
Score: 9/10

I decided since I was off work for 10 days, I'd do so some travelling. So, that lead me to my trip to Baton Rouge to see ConcordeBoy! To start off the trip, the first class cabin was empty, so it was no problem for me to request First. There were about only five of us in the cabin. Once I boarded, I was offered a pre-departure drink. After take-off from 22L and 30 minutes into flight, the F/A came around with drink/breakfast offerings. I was going to decline all service since I just wanted to sleep, but decided to take the cereal (something light) versus the omelette so I wouldn't be hungry during flight. Had a few bites and just turned in for most of the flight, I think I was the only one who had breakfast. The cabin was pretty much dark for most of the flight (shades closed) until we begun our decent into DFW, which was nice for sleeping! The first class F/A was very sweet.

Airline/Routing: AE DFW-BTR
EQP: ERD (140)
Cabin: Main
Load: 70%
Score: 8/10

Took the train to the Eagle gates and waited for the flight to board. I boarded last and luckily had no one next to me as I was very uncomfortable! It felt like a bar was sticking through the seat back and I could feel it if I sat in certain way. Once I finally did get comfortable, the flight crew announced that BTR had low ceilings but no delay, however we did have an alternate airport. We took off promptly, the flight service was basic for a flight little over an hour. I declined drink service. Listening to the F/A talk made me laugh to myself as it sounded like she was a smoker all her life. We begun our decent into BTR and made a relatively quick landing. Pulled up to the gate and claimed my bag and waiting for CB to come pick me up.

BTR: This was my first time to BTR/MSY. CB and I went to MSY Wednesday night to check out the French Quarter. I just couldn't believe the areas described by CB were once under water, You'd never have known. Houses with nicely manicured lawns, neighborhoods (from view of the freeway) looking as normal as my own neighborhood! Once in downtown MSY, we walked around, ate at the Kabby Grill at the Hilton (I'm suppose to mention this!) and went a few clubs, went to Harrah's and won my money back, forgot how CB did.  Wink
So, all you nay-sayers out there, you need to see it for yourself.

Airline/Routing: AE BTR-DFW
EQP: ERD (140)
Load: 60%
Flight Status: D + 20
Arrival: A + 5

CB dropped me off at BTR and it is such a quiet airport, I simply walked into the terminal, checked in at Self-Service, and gave the agent my bag. Went up to the gate and waited. The delay was posted on the Self-Service check-in ("Now 12:10"), oh well, shorten up my connection. Waited at the gate and the delay wasn't posted but if you had common sense, you would of read the screen when you checked-in, then again, we are talking about passengers here. The aircraft landed and pulled up to the gate and within about a minute after deplaning, we were ready to board. Got the two-side alone and the seat was better than the previous Eagle flight. After take-off, the F/A came down the aisle with beverage service and a second time as well for refills. Landed in DFW and taxied to our gate.

Once in DFW, took the train to the flight to Detroit and there were about 15 people on the standby list. I wasn't sure if I was going to get First, however, it all worked out.

Airline/Route: AA DFW-DTW
EQP: 738
Cabin: First
Load: 95%

Once everyone was boarded, we departed from the gate and taxied for take off. Our cruising altitude was 37,000 feet. The F/A first came around with hot mixed nuts and a beverage, followed by hot towels (about 15 minutes later). I had already read all the articles from my magazine I had with me (my own carry-on item) and pretty much finished the American Way magazine, so I decided I would plug in to inflight-programming. The F/A set up her cart and came through with a choice of either: chicken ceasar sandwich or a turkey-wrap with pasta-salad. I opted for the turkey-wrap with wine. After meal service was over, I let the F/A know I was all-set and just watched a few shows. The F/A and the main-cabin F/A were attentive to the passengers. About 30 minutes out, we began our decent and thank god, after two hours of flying, I'm done. We descended, and descended, and finally landed runway 22R. Taxied to the gate and the was end of this portion of the trip. Overall, the crew was very pleasant.

Went home and repacked for my second trip.

Airline/Route: AA DTW-ORD
EQP: CR7
Load: 65%
Score: 8/10

This trip, I took my best friend with me and since the flight prior was full (we could of got on too) and delayed, I knew that passengers from my flight would move-up, and sure enough, they did. I was running late but it was my fault, we took longer than expected at dinner, and showed up at the ticket counter at the last minute and my friend was like "you're always late!". Anyway, got to down to the gate and boarded. This was my first time on a CR7 and my friend was like "is this an old plane?". I didn't think it looked old, it could of used some brighter lighting. We departed from runway 22L and quickly made our way to ORD. The F/A's offered drink service. My friend was busy working on his laptop and I just relaxed since I was going to be out partying during the night. We began our decent into Chicago and you could see all the planes in the distance.. six to the right of our plane. We came in for landing and taxied to the gate.

Chicago: Drinking, partying, shopping, drinking, play.

Airline/Route: AA ORD-DTW
EQP: S80
Load: 95%
Flight Status: On-time, then D + 15.
Arrival: A + 15
Score: 10/10

I went up to the see the agent when he called all standbys and I got our seat assignments. Started boarding early and we boarded and he had changed our seats for better ones (so nice!), and we boarded. Departure time came and gone, but there was a 757 being towed for the night, so I figured push-back after the 757 is out of the way. The captain came on and said six passengers were at the wrong gate, he is going to let them on. The grunts in the plane! I was like "seriously, last flight, if that was you!?". I thought it was thoughtful of the crew to wait. Once they got on, we immediately pushed-back and the F/A did the safety briefing again since the six didn't see the original. Taxied forever and finally lifted off. Once lifted-off, we immediately banked a left-turn and my friend jumped in his seat, "Calm down!" as I laughed at him. The take-off was interesting. We cruised at 23,000 ft. and headed directly for DTW. The F/A's offered drink service. This was a quick flight, after about 10 minutes, we began our decent and it was a fun one too. Speed-brakes slightly up, a few turns, one big final turn (felt like forever), and gear down and pretty much down within a minute or two. It was a fun flight (a thrill!). We landed on 4L and taxied to the gate. The F/A's on this flight were extremely nice, lots of smiles, and very polite!

That is all.

Longhornmaniac

RE: AA/AE DTW-DFW-BTR-DFW-DTW/DTW-ORD-DTW

Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:02 am

Excellent report!

It's nice to hear good things about AA. Typically the F/A's are the main problem, but it sounds like you got the same ones I always get  Wink: polite and friendly. Sounds like quite a lot of flying!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

RedTailDTW

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:50 pm

Nice trip report!

Nice to see that AA is doing well, Ive always had good experiences with them. Ill be flying on American Saturday (10/6/07) TUS-ORD-DTW-DFW-TUS. Can't wait!

Talk to you later!

Mason (RedTailDTW)
Airlines Flown: 9E, AA, AS, B6, CO, DL, G7, HP, MQ, NW, RP, UA, US, WN, YX / Aircraft Flown: 737-200/300/700/800, 757-200/300, 777-200, A319/A320/A321, CRJ-200/900, DC-9-30/50, DC-10-40, ERJ 140/145, E170/175, MD80/83/90

ConcordeBoy

Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:58 pm

Quoting AIR757200 (Thread starter):
waiting for CB to come pick me up.

...and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

I just couldn't believe the areas described by CB were once under water, You'd never have known.

Y'hear that folks?

Kabby Grill at the Hilton (I'm suppose to mention this!)

Hell yurrr!

went to Harrah's and won my money back, forgot how CB did.

Heifer  Angry

So, all you nay-sayers out there, you need to see it for yourself.

To all those reading, this means you. MSY is back, baby!
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

MSYtristar

Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:03 pm

Very nice report! Nice to see a BTR report for a change!

Also, I'm sure Fred had NOTHING to do with the fact that you had to mention Kabby's!  Wink

Damn I miss those Asian ribs!  Sad

ConcordeBoy

Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:27 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 4):
Damn I miss those Asian ribs!

...and they gooooood too. When's the last time you were there?

MSYtristar

Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 5):
When's the last time you were there?

When we were there last time. Long time ago. Too long.

ConcordeBoy

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:39 pm

That is all.

....surprised you didn't mention the little bat the followed you home  Wink

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 6):
When we were there last time. Long time ago. Too long.

When you down here next? We gotta do it.

B747forever

Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:16 pm

Really interesting and good TR.

Enjoyed to read it.

Thank you for sharing.

B747forever.
Work Hard, Fly Right