Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dimoko
Topic Author

CLE-MSP-NRT And Back, With Some Nostalgia (pics)

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:31 pm

When i was offered a trip to Japan, all expenses paid by a machine tool vendor, i took it with little hesitation. Considering the size of the company, i was hoping for business class, but as it turns out, even the president of the company flies economy, and there were about 60 people flying into japan for this event. But, a trip to japan to see machine tool factories is still a great opportunity, and i had been anxious to compare factories i had seen in South Korea, Taiwan and China to the Japanese.

When i got the itinerary, and saw that the airline was NW, i had mixed feelings. I would have preferred ANA or JAL but i have had good experiences on some NW flights. I was hoping for one of the A330s, thru DTW, because i am a big fan of DTW and i know that the A330s have an on demand IFE system which is a great way to pass the time. But in an odd, and oddly satisfying twist, we would be flying thru MSP on a 744. Not exactly a super modern IFE system (projected videos) but it is always a treat to fly on the queen of the skies. Just before my trip, in the Aviation polls and prefs forum, AlexPorter suggested that it would be interesting to fly on somewhat of a legacy flight.

this is what he said

Quoting AlexPorter (Reply 3):
If anything, here's a sort of silver lining story for you. Back before deregulation, only a limited number of airlines could fly to other continents. They were Pan Am (all over the place), TWA (Transatlantic), Braniff (South America), and Northwest Orient (Asia). Of course, Pan Am and Braniff are gone, and the TWA brand is gone. Northwest is still there (albeit without the "Orient" name). So, in a sense, you are flying on the only remaining old intercontinental carrier on a classic transpacific flight in a pre-PTV configuration on an iconic plane. So it's classic but otherwise nothing special.

At first the prospect that THIS was my silver lining was a bit disappointing, but as the trip grew nearer i became more excited.

Without further ado, here are the details, thanks for reading this far! And i apologize for the dust spots in the photos...i have some serious work to do cleaning these up...it would have been simpler to just clean my dang lens!!!
 banghead   banghead 
NW5608
CLE-MSP
Equipment= CR7

Woke up at my usual wake-up time of 6:00am, and drove to my mothers house where i would be leaving my car. We picked up my brother, who was also going on the trip. We got stuck in a bit of traffic on the way up, but were still there in plenty of time. We had both checked in previously, and had no bags to check, so all we needed to do was scan our passports and head to the gate. Security lines were VERY long at the largest checkpoint, so we went off to the 3rd one, where the line looked long, but moved quickly. As we were in line, one of the screeners yelled at no one in particular "YOU NEED TO LEAVE GAPS BETWEEN THE BAGS OR I WILL HAVE TO SEND THEM THROUGH AGAIN!!" It is something i generally don't mind on the beginning of trips, because i haven't recently experienced the courtesy and professionalism of foreign screeners...not to trash on the TSA, they have a tough and thankless job, but attitudes about the whole thing seem to be better overseas....anyways, back to the flight.

We met up with our other travel companions at the gate, and waited for boarding. This is my favorite kind of boarding, as we would go down the steps to the tarmac, and walk up the CRJs stairs to board.

this is a view of the plane from the gate area
http://lh6.google.com/dimoko/RzmnWfcbO2I/AAAAAAAAB1o/bgI4fi8fDEw/s800/IMG_3510.JPG

they let us down the stairs for boarding right on time.

a better view from right in front
http://lh4.google.com/dimoko/RzmnW_cbO3I/AAAAAAAAB1w/xY9OChhOQfY/s800/IMG_3513.JPG

a CO 737 behind us
http://lh3.google.com/dimoko/RzmnXvcbO4I/AAAAAAAAB14/5uQIjo44n4M/s800/IMG_3514.JPG

after boarding, the crew announced there was some sort of maintenance issue and we would need to wait for a maintenance person to arrive. The didn't say what the problem was, but they said that it was something we could leave without, but would need to do the paperwork on before we left. She also added that the maintenance company was not the airline, so they would be at their mercy...which was an odd thing to add in my view.

after sitting there for about an hour, the pilot got on and apologized, and said we would be rolling soon. indeed that was true, and we finally got off the ground. it was an uneventful flight, and we soon descended into MSP.

We took the tram over to the other terminal for international departures, and stopped and grabbed a bite to eat beforehand. About an hour before departure we made our way to the crowded gate area to meet up with others in our group headed to japan.

NW19
Equipment B744
MSP-NRT

this is the beautiful 744 in our gate.

http://lh5.google.com/dimoko/RzmnYPcbO5I/AAAAAAAAB2A/eJIKQgNM520/s800/IMG_3515.JPG

the gate area at MSP

http://lh4.google.com/dimoko/RzmnY_cbO6I/AAAAAAAAB2I/meEYZdu-qJg/s800/IMG_3516.JPG

For some reason NW just calls for general boarding all at once after the business class people have boarded. i always found this odd. I usually wait for awhile before boarding, as i dont feel much need to rush to an assigned seat.

The night before i had picked out the seat i wanted. i was in 64-k. I know it is pretty far back, but the last few rows switch from 3's to 2s, and you get extra room on the side of your seat after takeoff, and you get some space for your legs (or at least your right leg)

we taxied quickly, and got off the ground quickly. it always amazes me the ways the tail of the plane feels that far back. sometimes you are moving sideways as the plane turns! also amazing is the amount of stretch that the wings have as they lift the massive 744 off the ground.

shortly after takeoff they came thru with the first meal. i chose the chicken over the beef. the pleasant surprise was the shrimp cocktail, and surprisingly, the shrimp were very tasty.

http://lh4.google.com/dimoko/RzmnZ_cbO8I/AAAAAAAAB2Y/b0OeDV8urrE/s800/IMG_3522.JPG

view over Canada

http://lh6.google.com/dimoko/RzmnafcbO9I/AAAAAAAAB2g/G3c4bW8Hj50/s800/IMG_3532.JPG

during the flight i watched most of the first season of 30 rock on my ipod, and i slept as much as i could. As we got closer to NRT they turned the lights back on, and started serving breakfast. i chose the fried rice, but was not very hungry.

i mostly ate the fruit and the muffin
http://lh3.google.com/dimoko/RzmnavcbO-I/AAAAAAAAB2o/d4Slqr9-ToQ/s800/IMG_3533.JPG

The crew was not the most attentive in the world, sometimes there would be stretches where you wouldn't see ANYONE around, but i guess on such a long flight this is normal. the flight was about 12 hours, and fairly uneventful, other than midway through the flight they asked the cabin if there were any medical people on board, the row they said to go to was my brothers row farther up, but i asked an FA and she said that it was not 28A (my brothers seat).

After landing in NRT we passed thru customs and immigration. This was a little frustrating as the FAs never got back to my row with the forms. The international flights i had taken previously (to AMS, FRA, and ICN) had not required any forms on the plane, and those that i saw with forms on the plain appeared to be Japanese citizens. So i had to fill mine out quickly just before the line, it was a little embarrassing, because i consider myself a good traveller, and dont like to make these mistakes.

We caught the airport bus to our hotel in Tokyo and had a good three day tour of factories.

my brother (left) and me (right) in front of mount Fuji.
http://lh5.google.com/dimoko/RzmnbPcbO_I/AAAAAAAAB2w/bEeHI0Amul8/s800/IMG_3588.JPG

On friday it was time to return to the USA. It was a short trip, so i was not as ready to return as i had been on previous trips abroad. The machine tool company boarded us up on 2 buses and headed for NRT.

Once inside, one of our travelling companions said that he was an American Express platinum member, and this got him access the NW lounge, and he was allowed a guest, so i took him up on the offer and joined him. It was a nice lounge, and somewhat empty when we got there at about noon.

i got a beer, and a couple of pictures from the great views.

http://lh3.google.com/dimoko/RzmnbvcbPAI/AAAAAAAAB24/IeqLSK5L8qI/s800/IMG_3641.JPG

http://lh4.google.com/dimoko/Rzmnb_cbPBI/AAAAAAAAB3A/816eeKYHunE/s800/IMG_3644.JPG

http://lh5.google.com/dimoko/RzmndPcbPDI/AAAAAAAAB3Q/kAVWjbIZcn0/s800/IMG_3647.JPG

after about an hour, i left the lounge to do some shopping, and grab some supplies for the ride. I got some stuff and headed to the gate area, which was very crowded.

our return flight

NW20
B744
NRT-MSP

This is the 744 waiting for us.
http://lh6.google.com/dimoko/RzmndfcbPEI/AAAAAAAAB3Y/hhexNOcPfIs/s800/IMG_3648.JPG

This flight was somewhat the legacy flight that was discussed earlier, as we would be flying the Great Circle Route.

We boarded promptly, and this time i was in the very last row 66K. the advantages of the 2 seats are minimized here as the plane curves in. there isnt much extra space, and the extra legroom is limited. the seats still had full recline, so it wasn't all bad. but not as good as just one row forward.

shortly after takeoff they served lunch. i chose the chicken, which was a bit spicy.

http://lh4.google.com/dimoko/Rzmnd_cbPFI/AAAAAAAAB3g/nnlZdKZjknE/s800/IMG_3650.JPG

this flight was shorter, only 10 hours, and it really went well. i slept on and off between listening to music on the ipod and watching a few more episodes of 30 rock.

i snapped this shot over the pacific around sunrise.
http://lh6.google.com/dimoko/RzmnefcbPGI/AAAAAAAAB3o/j7ruy5PSvw8/s800/IMG_3652.JPG

Now the only interaction i had with the flight crew, was one of the FAs letting me borrow a pen to fill out my customs form, other than that i didn't require much. My travel companions however told a different tale. they said the FAs seemed disinterested, and quarreled with each other during the services. They said that it was like the passengers were inconveniences to them. Like i said, this is what my companions said, i didn't need much service, as i was in and out of sleep for the 10 hours.

close to MSP they served breakfast. There was only one choice (i dont know if it was what was left or what) and it was a bit odd. the noodles had an odd taste, and the fruit was of decent quality. the little danish was good tho.

http://lh4.google.com/dimoko/Rzmne_cbPHI/AAAAAAAAB3w/GE2RK2KzP8I/s800/IMG_3655.JPG

Once we got off at MSP, went thru immigration and customs, we still had a few hours to kill before our flight back to CLE. My brother and i had cravings for McDonald's, so that is where we got some food. I went and did a little shopping at MSP, and they really have a nice area for it. I found this to be a bit odd though, an ipod vending machine.
http://lh6.google.com/dimoko/RzmnffcbPII/AAAAAAAAB34/T1UfI-YLVfw/s800/IMG_3656.JPG

I dont know who would do this though, because ipods dont come wiht music on them...i wonder how many people buy them and then realize that there is little they can do with one until they get to their computer!

as we walked around MSP we spotted some C-130s, so i snapped a quick picture.

http://lh5.google.com/dimoko/RzmngPcbPJI/AAAAAAAAB4E/KOVS2jStN24/s800/IMG_3657.JPG

NW1778
MSP-CLE
Equipment DC-9

This flight was very interesting after the great circle route, to get onto a DC-9 back to cleveland was also fun. Nice to be on a mainlight flight, and i dont expect you will be able to ride these DC-9s too much longer.

The flight was uneventful, and i got a row to myself, as the man sitting next to me moved up after the flight was not full. It was bad for him though, as he was seated next to a very chatty little boy travelling by himself who asked a great deal of questions. He handled it well though, and was very nice.

We got routed a bit strangely, to kill time as they said that there was some congestion at CLE. I though i had noticed some weird banks in the middle of the flight, and the tracker agreed with me...not to mention the detour over the lake.

Overall this was an enjoyable trip, and i thank you for reading. Extra credit for getting this far into it!
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." -- Douglas Adams

SNCNtry32

RE: CLE-MSP-NRT And Back, With Some Nostalgia (pics)

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:26 pm

Quoting Dimoko (Thread starter):
an ipod vending machine.

Thats right by the Larry Craig bathroom!!

Nice trip report! How bad was it without IFE?  Wink
Long Live Memphis!

Transpac787

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:49 pm

Excellent trip report!! Did you, by chance, catch the tail/fleet numbers of the 744's you were on??

Equipment= CR7

One thing to nitpick... NWAirlink doesn't have CR7's, only CR2's and CR9's  Smile

an ipod vending machine.

I've started seeing these around a lot too. Seriously though, how much business do you think they get with them?!?! Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I'll be walking through the airport, look over and decide "hey, I think I'll buy an ipod!!" But who knows, maybe they are smart in strategically placing these machines next to the international gates!!

panam330

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:11 pm

Quoting Transpac787 (Reply 2):
how much business do you think they get with them?!?!

According to an article I saw about the ones in ATL (?), they were going to pull in about $2m in sales in the course of a year. Not too shabby.

EXAAUADL

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:17 pm

I dont understadn why both NW and CO serve Breakfast as the second meal from the US to Asia. Where as UA/DL/AA serve a second lunch/dinner....since you are arriving in Japan at like 4-5pm, why serve B?

davescj

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:30 pm

This was a great trip report!! I brought back memories of my first trip to NRT, also on NW, also 747....but from SFO.

Thanks for the great pics!

Dave
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

KaiGywer

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:42 pm

NW5608
CLE-MSP
Equipment= CR7

One thing to nitpick... NWAirlink doesn't have CR7's, only CR2's and CR9's Smile

And to be even more picky, 9E only has the 200  Silly Nice report though, I just wanted to slam Pinch-a-Nickel a little  Smile

I found this to be a bit odd though, an ipod vending machine.

Welcome to MSP. We also have vending machines for pain killers, cell phones, Rosetta Stone language CDs, and Bose headsets  Smile

I've started seeing these around a lot too. Seriously though, how much business do you think they get with them?!?! Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I'll be walking through the airport, look over and decide "hey, I think I'll buy an ipod!!" But who knows, maybe they are smart in strategically placing these machines next to the international gates!!

Must be a lot, since they have more than one.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

SNCNtry32

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:43 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 6):
I just wanted to slam Pinch-a-Nickel a little Smile

Of course you did.  Silly

Welcome to MSP. We also have vending machines for pain killers, cell phones, Rosetta Stone language CDs, and Bose headsets Smile

I dont want to nitpick, but also Proactive  Smile
Long Live Memphis!

adopim88

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Quoting SNCntry32 (Reply 7):
I dont want to nitpick, but also Proactive

"Did you lose your vision on vacation? Buy some contact lenses while you wait"
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

SNCNtry32

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:49 pm

And to be even more picky, 9E only has the 200

Not true, we also opeate the CR9 for DL.

Tsk Tsk Kai.
Long Live Memphis!

Transpac787

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:22 pm

Quoting EXAAUADL (Reply 4):
Where as UA/DL/AA serve a second lunch/dinner

This is incorrect. Just recently I flew SEA-NRT in UA First, and they served breakfast for the second meal. I think the reason the airlines serve breakfast is to make you subconsciously feel more like it's "morning", after having slept most the whole flight.

Rosetta Stone language CDs

What will they come up with next for vending machines?!? This one has got to be the best yet. I can almost understand buying an iPod before a 12 hour flight across the Pacific, but to decide on a whim to learn German or something?!?! But, as you guys say, it must be profitable, otherwise they wouldn't do it.  Big grin

EXAAUADL

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:44 pm

Quoting Transpac787 (Reply 10):
This is incorrect. Just recently I flew SEA-NRT in UA First, and they served breakfast for the second meal. I think the reason the airlines serve breakfast is to make you subconsciously feel more like it's "morning", after having slept most the whole flight.

I didnt know UA changed......I think you should be fed based on the time of the arrival city, not the departure city....Serving B at 5pm NRT time will make jetlag worse wont it?

AA767LOVER

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:19 pm

The ginger flavor of the Pork fried rice was very very nice. I'm glad I chose it. The flight from NRT-PDX was good. I once took the flight from NRT-MSP, so I kinda liked it. Thanks for the great TR and especially your pics! Keep up the good work!
J.I. Tsui, American Advantage Member, United Mileage Plus (Premier)

triple7man

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:29 pm

They said that it was like the passengers were inconveniences to them.

Then why are they working as f/a's?

On AA (and this applies to all flights to/from NRT) you get lunch, midflight snack and dinner going to NRT. On the return flight (JFK, ORD, LAX, DFW), there is dinner and breakfast. There is also a midnight snack (except on the LAX) flight.

This applies to all Japan flights. I've taken the NRT-JFK flights several times, and they serve breakfast before you land which is late afternoon JFK time, and very early morning NRT time. You arrive JFK around 5:30PM. On the LAX flight breakfast is also served but because of the time difference, you arrive there before 10AM. There is also a NRT-DFW flight which departs NRT 11:30AM and arrives DFW 9:00AM.

I guess because of the time change there is no way to do it ideally where everyone is satisfied. Your body clock is still on the departure time, but you also need to get on the new time as well.

Thank you for your report
Have you kissed a 777 today?

buck3y3nut

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:37 pm

great trip report buddy!!! really enjoyed reading it and the pictures as well...
thanks for sharing it with us  Smile

boeing764

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:52 am

the FAs seemed disinterested, and quarreled with each other during the services. They said that it was like the passengers were inconveniences to them

So the inflight service on Northwest is much like the service on Air Canada!
From Dr. King's America to Nelson Mandela's Africa, the journey of equality moves on.

rwsea

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:36 am

Nice report, I think NW has pretty good service to Asia. Much better than their domestic service!

When i got the itinerary, and saw that the airline was NW, i had mixed feelings. I would have preferred ANA or JAL but i have had good experiences on some NW flights. I was hoping for one of the A330s, thru DTW, because i am a big fan of DTW and i know that the A330s have an on demand IFE system which is a great way to pass the time. But in an odd, and oddly satisfying twist, we would be flying thru MSP on a 744.

If you want an A330 to Asia, you'll have to connect through SEA, PDX, or SFO. Unfortunately that would require a double-connect for you. The A330 doesn't have the range to fly to Japan from MSP or DTW.

jetsetter629

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:15 am

How was it sitting in the rear of the 747 were the body curves? I have a 22 hr flight from JFK-LAX-SYD coming up soon and I was thinking about requesting a seat back there. Did it take a while to get out of the plane when landing?

dimoko
Topic Author

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:18 pm

Quoting JetSetter629 (Reply 17):
How was it sitting in the rear of the 747 were the body curves? I have a 22 hr flight from JFK-LAX-SYD coming up soon and I was thinking about requesting a seat back there. Did it take a while to get out of the plane when landing?

It was ok, but i would get row 64 or 65. you dont really get much of an advantage in the last row, or the first row of 2s.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." -- Douglas Adams

UN_B732

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:48 pm

Next time you see one of those iPod machines, see how much an iPod costs.

Hint: IT's well above MSRP.

-A
What now?

KaiGywer

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:06 pm

Quoting UN_B732 (Reply 19):
Hint: IT's well above MSRP.

Like anything at an airport  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

chiawei

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:46 pm

Compare to AA, the food on NW is much better.

I took AA 169/170 last month from LAX to NRT and return.

The service and food were just horrible.

LAX-NRT
Dinner- we had chicken teriyaki bowl. It's actually microwave food. If you went to Costco fridge section, you can buy the same teriyaki bowl. But get this, the AA is about 1/3 of the size. The rice tasted like goo. yikes.

Light snack- we got a small chesse pizza. Again frozen food quality, and 1/3 of normal fridge pizza.

NRT to LAX
Dinner- we got chicken over rice. Better than the teiryaki bowl, but still taste like dog food.
Breakfast- one tiny crossiant+cinnamon roll. This was actually the best tasting food for this trip.

AA's economy service is complete joke.

AA767LOVER

Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:04 am

Quoting Boeing764 (Reply 15):

I beg to differ. If you have an Asian-based crew on NW, I find them to be quite good and very attentive. I flew NW 001/NW 002 from NRT-HKG and v.v. respectively (Sept. 27 and Oct 14), and there was this fellow. He must have studied English really well because his English was just perfect. He was Korean or something. He was a really good FA. I admire his professionalism and hard work to make the passengers really happy.

I encountered nearly the same on NW 5 and 6 respectively from PDX-NRT and v.v. and I have to say, I am quite impressed. It was for some reason much better service than the year before when I flew DTW-NRT, and NRT-MSP. NRT-HKG and v.v. doesn't really change much. How was it better? It was better because the FA's we had this time seemed more cheery.

--------
Making a comparison to other Transpacific experiences:

UA - 1995, SFO-HKG, UA 805/806
Food was decent, flight super bumpy over Alaska, and it gave me much excitement!! Strange as it may seem - I do love turbulence. FA's were kinda rude and bitchy. But it's ok. I haven't flown UA transpacific since then. I tried AC/CP/AA/NW. All of the above were a much better experience IMHO.

AC economy is not all bad. I flew it back in 1997 from YVR-HKG and v.v. I would have to say that the Econ Product on AC for transpacific is not bad at all. One comment: hard to imagine that 10 years has passed that quickly!!!
If you think that AC is bad now, imagine what CP was like. I flew CP in December of 1998 from YVR to HKG, and it was baaaaaad, if you compare the two economy products.

I have heard some complaining that AA's econ product is bad. I flew ORD-NRT and v.v. in 2003 and I liked it MUCH BETTER than my Cathay connection from NRT-HKG! What a pity! AA better than CX! I find AA and NW better than CX over all. AA and NW's food are ok. CX was so-so, but it was a 4 hour flight to HKG, and eating it behind a SARS mask!

fxramper

Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:28 am

Great shot of our 11 taxing!

yes 

chiawei

Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:46 am

Quoting AA767LOVER (Reply 22):
I have heard some complaining that AA's econ product is bad. I flew ORD-NRT and v.v. in 2003 and I liked it MUCH BETTER than my Cathay connection from NRT-HKG! What a pity! AA better than CX! I find AA and NW better than CX over all. AA and NW's food are ok. CX was so-so, but it was a 4 hour flight to HKG, and eating it behind a SARS mask!

I totally disagree with this comment.

I fly a lot due to company travel. None of the north american airlines food or service are comparable to tier one Asian carrier.

To say that AA is better than CX got to be worst joke i have ever heard.

I don't think a 1/3 size microwave teriyaki bowl a good food for human. That's what I got on a 12 hour flight from LAX to NRT last month.

At least on Cathay 14 hours flight from SFO to HKG, I actually got a chinese roast pork over rice. It's at least real food from a kitchen not from frozen dinner/food.

AA 169/170 is a immediate turn around flight, my seats were dirty both way. Just bad service.

fxramper

Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:58 am

Quoting Chiawei (Reply 24):
To say that AA is better than CX got to be worst joke i have ever heard.

Doubt you would know.

I've used CX and AA on a regular basis for 5 years now and they are both awful.

AA767LOVER

Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Well, I should step in again and say that, at least for me, I found AA better than CX in terms of food. If you're wondering about attention and service, I would give kudos to CX, even in the SARS period. I flew back to HK in 2003 in the height of the SARS frenzy because of my grandpa's funeral.

redngold

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:34 pm

As we were in line, one of the screeners yelled at no one in particular "YOU NEED TO LEAVE GAPS BETWEEN THE BAGS OR I WILL HAVE TO SEND THEM THROUGH AGAIN!!" It is something i generally don't mind on the beginning of trips, because i haven't recently experienced the courtesy and professionalism of foreign screeners...not to trash on the TSA, they have a tough and thankless job, but attitudes about the whole thing seem to be better overseas....

Is it possible that the screener was yelling at a coworker, as usually there is a TSA agent one the drop-end of the belt, making sure people put their bags and gear on as expected?
Up, up and away!

B747forever

Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:50 pm

Nice TR.

The pics are good.

Thank you for sharing.

B747forever.
Work Hard, Fly Right

Mexicana757

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:11 am

Nice trip report Dimoko.  thumbsup  Good thing you had your ipod as your IFE or it would have been a long flight.

Quoting SNCntry32 (Reply 1):

an ipod vending machine.

Thats right by the Larry Craig bathroom!!

So thats where the bathroom is! I was looking for it back in September to take a picture.  laughing 

ba319-131

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:53 pm

Nice report and photo's, many thanks indeed.

Equipment= CR7

- Looks like a CRJ-200 to me.

shortly after takeoff they came thru with the first meal. i chose the chicken over the beef. the pleasant surprise was the shrimp cocktail, and surprisingly, the shrimp were very tasty.

- Looks a pretty decent meal, I'm actually impressed!

Regards

Mark
111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220

chiawei

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:35 pm

Quoting FXramper (Reply 25):
Doubt you would know.

I've used CX and AA on a regular basis for 5 years now and they are both awful.

I am a EP member with AA. I am about the hit 1 million mile with AA. I fly both CX and AA very frequently out of SFO/SJC/LAX.

CX service is night and day better than AA.

CX service is okay as compare to other Asian carrier. But AA is just awful.