Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Contact Air
Topic Author

SAS By Cimber Air STR-CPH-STR (+pics)

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Having never been to the City of Copenhagen, or to CPH airport, I decided to change this and booked a long weekend break. SAS operates three daily flights between my home airport Stuttgart (STR) and Copenhagen (CPH). However, during the week before Easter the schedule had been reduced to only one flight per day so I had only one return flight to choose from. But as this one remaining flight was the afternoon flight which I would have taken anyway I was fine with it. Originally the outbound flight was scheduled to be operated by an MD-87 which I was looking forward to as I have never been on that particular type of the MD-80-series and flying a “Mad Dog” once again would be nice. However, a few days after my booking, the flight was downgraded to a Cimber Air Canadair Jet. As the return flight was scheduled to be on a CRJ anyway, I would enjoy this type of aircraft twice.

Saturday, 04 April 2009
Stuttgart (STR) – Copenhagen (CPH)
Airline: SAS Scandinavian Airlines (operated by Cimber Air)
Flight number: SK 668
Scheduled departure time: 07:00
Scheduled arrival time: 08:40
Type of aircraft: Bombardier CRJ 200LR

This aircraft was built in 1995 and delivered to Lufthansa CityLine as D-ACLS. In 2007 it was sold to Cimber Air.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Piotr Kaczmarek (Wlkp_Spotters)
View Large View Medium

Photo © Mads Ulrich Ellinger

And here are two pictures of this aircraft when it was still flying for Lufthansa CityLine:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Bartlomiej Nowak
View Large View Medium

Photo © Kai-jens Meyer

As I live close to Stuttgart Airport I decided to use the late-night check-in the evening before. SAS in handled by Star Alliance partner LH at STR. Without any waiting time a friendly agent checked me in. She asked me for my seating preference. I opted for a window seat in the second last row and got a boarding pass for seat 12F. Three airlines are involved into my booking: LH, SK and QI:

On the morning of my flight I arrived at Stuttgart Airport by train. It was the weekend before Easter and the airport seemed to be busy. Nevertheless waiting time at security check was short and I made my way to gate 159, a bus gate on the ground floor of Terminal 1.

Boarding was scheduled for 06:40 but it started even a few minutes earlier. There were 35 passengers plus 2 infants on this flight which was a load factor of 70%. A bus took all passengers to our aircraft which was parked on a parking position far away from the terminal, close to the general aviation apron. We reached the aircraft but the doors of the bus remained closed. Three technicians of Lufthansa Technik were working at the plane, talking to the captain ad checking something at the fuselage of the aircraft. After about 15 minutes waiting time in the bus, we were taken back to the terminal. The LH-agent who was responsible for this flight expected the passengers at the gate. She asked us to leave the bus and enter the gate area again, and then she made an announcement. There was a technical problem with the electronic system of the aircraft and the technicians were working on it. She apologized for any inconvenience. The next information would be given in 15 minutes, at 07:15, and we were asked to stay close to the gate during that time:

One of the passengers who had obviously a connection flight demanded to be re-booked to a Lufthansa-flight but the agent replied that this was not possible at this time as the problem with the aircraft might be fixed soon. She always remained calm and polite, although the passenger was quite angry. At 07:15, as promised, the agent made another announcement. The problem wasn’t solved yet, the next information would be provided in half an hour, at 07:45, and passengers could leave the gate now. Only one minute later the telephone rang. The aircraft had been repaired and boarding could start now. Those passengers who had already left the gate area were called back by an announcement and a bus took us back to our plane.

The aircraft for this flight was OY-RJH in Cimber Air colours:

It is a former LH CityLine plane that used to fly a round with the reg D-ACLS. Funny coincidence: I have already had a flight on this aircraft when it was still in service for LH, from STR to MAN in 2000.

Boarding OY-RJH:

There was only one (female) flight attendant on this service who welcomed all passengers. Danish newspapers from the day before as well as one German newspaper from the present day (“Sueddeutsche Zeitung”) were available at the front door. SAS offers a three-class system even in regional aircraft with Business Class, Economy Extra and standard Economy. The Classes were marked by signs attached to the seat rows saying “Economy Extra starts here” and so on. “Economy Extra” is used for the more expensive flexible Economy-fares and you still get free food and drinks while it is “buy-on-board” in standard Economy. One row was reserved for Business Class and another one for Economy Extra, but nobody was sitting there. The cabin was still equipped with the LH CityLine seats and cabin design which looked still all right.

I proceeded to my seat in the rear of the cabin. When all passengers had taken their seats, the flight attendant had to re-seat the two infants as they were both sitting oh the left side of the cabin. They had to move to the right as the additional oxygen masks are only available on the right in this aircraft. The flight attendant also placed some infant life vests in the overhead bins close to the parents and informed them about it.

The captain made a welcome announcement in English and Danish language. He apologized for the delay and informed us that we would depart as soon as possible. The flight attendant performed the safety demonstration manually, accompanied by a tape in Danish and English language. We were off-block at 7:45 which was 45 minutes behind schedule and taxied to runway 25. The “morning rush” had been over so we could take off immediately:

Terminals 1, 2, 3 and 4:

Exhibition centre:

The town of Echterdingen:

It was clouded over Southern Germany that day so there was not much more to see outside. I looked into the seat pocket where the Cimber Sterling in-flight magazine could be found (in Danish language only) as well as the SAS-publication “Menu & More”, which included the menu card and a few articles about the airline SAS, in English language only. Here you can see the breakfast menu:

Note that breakfast “Menu 2” is also available with beer. Beer for breakfast – these Danish people really know how to live well…  Wink

I opted for Menu 1 for EUR 7.00 and got a breakfast bag and a coffee:

Inside was a sandwich, yoghurt and an orange juice:

The sandwich with cheese and ham didn’t taste bad, however I found it a bit “basic” for the price; it was about the same quality and quantity as what you get for free on LH or other mainline carriers. The flight attendant didn’t sell much, only a few coffees. I was the only passenger who bought something to eat.

An in-flight cabin shot. The past of the aircraft with LH CityLine is still visible with the typical grey leather seats:

About 20 minutes before landing the captain made another announcement and informed us about the weather at CPH which would be nice and sunny but still cold in the morning with about 8 degrees Celsius.

The Swedish coastline which is located on the opposite side of CPH:

The bridge across the Oeresund, linking Denmark and Sweden:

Reaching Denmark:

The coastline:

Final approach:

Parked Air Greenland long-haul aircraft:

Cargo ramp:

Touch-down on runway 22L:

We taxied to a parking position at the B-gates:

The flight attendant once again apologized for the delay which had been reduced to 30 minutes. We were on-block at 09:10 and all passengers left the aircraft:

As the CRJ can’t use the jet-bridges, we had to walk the short distance to the gate and climb up the stairs. OY-RJH at the gate:

About half of the passengers had connecting flights; the others (including me) proceeded to baggage claim where my luggage arrived quickly.

I took my luggage to my hotel which was located close to the airport, and then I took a metro train to downtown Copenhagen. The new metro system runs automatically, without any drivers. This is the view from the front window:

For those of you who are interested, here are a few pictures of the City of Copenhagen as well:

“Nyhavn”, one of the nicest sites of Copenhagen, with lots of restaurants and bars:

Copenhagen is famous for its modern buildings and architecture. The new playhouse:

The New Opera:

Amalienborg Castle, where the Danish Queen lives:

“Little Mermaid” the famous statue placed in the old harbour:

Town hall:

The “Round Tower”:

View from the top of the tower:

The city is definitely worth a visit with its beautiful location by the sea and lots of interesting places.

Monday, 06 April 2009
Copenhagen (CPH) – Stuttgart (STR)
Airline: Scandinavian Airlines (operated by Cimber Air)
Flight number: SK 1655
Scheduled departure time: 15:15
Scheduled arrival time: 16:50
Type of aircraft: Bombardier CRJ 200LR

This aircraft was built in 2002 and delivered to Maersk Air (Denmark) who leased it out to Air Nostrum first. In 2003 it returned to Maersk Air. In January 2005 the aircraft was transferred to Cimber Air. Since September 2005, OY-MBT is operated for SAS.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Johan K
View Large View Medium

Photo © Thomas Piskol

And here are some pictures of this aircraft with its previous operators:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Europix - AirTeamImages
View Large View Medium

Photo © Jose Ramon Valero - Iberian Spotters

View Large View Medium

Photo © MogensJ
View Large View Medium

Photo © Helmut Bierbaum

Similar to BA, SAS has reduced personal check-in to a minimum. There are only very few staffed “full-service” check-in counters. People are asked to use the machines instead and place their luggage at drop-off counters. As my hotel was located close to the airport I decided to go there the evening before to fix my seat. I inserted my LH frequent flyer card into one of the machines, chose my seat 12F (like on the outbound flight), then I was asked how many pieces of luggage I would check in. I chose “1” and the bag-tag was printed immediately which you have to attach to your luggage yourself. Then the machine said: “You don’t need a boarding card for your flight. If you want to have one, insert your card again and choose the option -print boarding card-”. I decided that I would like to have a boarding card, so I inserted my frequent flyer card again and printed one. I really wonder if it saves so much money to abolish boarding cards, especially as SAS uses the “cheap” ones without the magnetic strip and without colours anyway. On the other hand it might cause a lot of confusion when people enter the aircraft without boarding cards and forget their seat number. I didn’t see anybody without a boarding card the next day during boarding, so I guess most people still prefer to have one. Here is my boarding card and my bag tag:

The next morning I went to the airport at about 9:00 in order to have time for some spotting:

Terminal 3 is used by SAS and Star Alliance partners exclusively:

I took my trolley to one of the drop-off counters where a friendly agent had a look at my boarding pass and my bag tag and then sent my bag away. This process was a matter of seconds.

Two minutes waiting time at security check, that’s acceptable:

I went airside to explore the airport. It is very modern, really nice with glass fronts and good views to the apron. A small copy of the statue of “Little Mermaid” is placed in the gate area:

Central gate area:

Different tails at the Non-Schengen area:

The A-gates which are used for domestic flights:

Sterling B 737-700, now flying with Cimber:

Atlantic Airways, bound for the Faroe Islands:

Icelandair B 757-300:

SAS’ newest toy: the CRJ 900:

The gate for my flight to STR was announced about 90 minutes before departure. It would be gate B6:

At 14:15, one hour before departure, the aircraft for my flight arrived from POZ. This time it would be OY-MBT with “Flying for SAS”-titles:

Boarding started 20 minutes before scheduled departure. A friendly female flight attendant welcomed all passengers. This aircraft had come from Maersk and was equipped with dark blue leather seats:

The first row with only two seats was reserved for Business Class, the second row for Economy Extra, all other rows for standard Economy. This time there was a full load in all classes which probably also resulted from the fact that there was only one flight per day in the week before Easter, other than three flights per day the rest of the year.

The captain made a welcome announcement and informed us that we had an inbound slot for STR which meant that we wouldn’t leave CPH before 15:40. I found it rather strange to have an inbound slot for a medium-sized airport like STR. Later, after arrival, I would find out that there was a strike of the air traffic control at STR and only about 25% of the regular capacity was available. After all we were lucky to be able to fly into STR at all; lots of other flights were cancelled or diverted to FKB.

Anyway, after about half an hour waiting time we went off-block and taxied to runway 22R where we took off soon:

When we had reached cruising altitude, the flight attendant offered food and drinks for sale. I had a coffee and a muffin for EUR 4.00:

Despite the high load not many people bought anything. Nice clouds outside:

The remaining flight time was uneventful as it was mostly clouded outside.

Soon we were reaching Southern Germany:

The River Neckar with the town “Marbach am Neckar” on the right:

The City of Ludwigsburg:

The town of Hildrizhausen:

The town of Holzgerlingen:

Final approach:

The cargo ramp:

We touched down on runway 07 and taxied to a parking position on the apron where we were on-block at 17:10, about 20 minutes late due to the strike. Leaving OY-MBT:

A picture taken from the bus:

Then the bus took all passengers to the arrivals facilities of Terminal 1 where my luggage arrived quickly.

OY-MBT on the ramp, waiting for its return flight to CPH:

Conclusion: All in all the SAS product is OK. Especially Cimber Air did a good job on both flights with friendly flight attendants and good information from the flight deck. A small technical delay like on the outbound flight can happen with any airline and the delay on the return flight wasn’t Cimber Air’s fault. The SAS-product on short-haul is very basic, not bad but nothing special either. Flight prices usually aren’t that cheap, so a free drink would be nice. I think SAS is the only larger European “mainline” carrier together with IB who still stick to the “buy-on-board”-strategy. All in all I would fly SAS again if time and price are right.

Thanks for reading my report. Questions and comments are always appreciated.

Regards

Christoph

caleb1

RE: SAS By Cimber Air STR-CPH-STR (+pics)

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:13 pm

I truly enjoyed your report. It was informative, well-written and contained a nice combination of text and pictures. Excellent TR!!

nqyguy

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 pm

A great report there, plenty of detail and interest. Many thanks for posting...

gjunnar

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:05 am

Excellent trip report Christoph. My next report out of STR won't be before July, so keep 'em coming  Smile

Thule

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:43 am

Nice job! It's good to see pictures of CPH and the city again, especially the parts I missed when I was visiting there.

linglesou

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:59 am

G'day!

Awesome report and what great pictures! I personally would've been a bit let down at not flying the MD (haven't flown on either MD or CRJ but still...i've always wanted to fly on the Mad Dog). Great Pictures of CPH and the arrival into STR! I'm quite familiar with the area around STR so I could pick out things I know...

Cheers mate,
L'inglesou
743, 744, 74M, 752, 733, 734, 735, 736, 73G, 738, 772, 773, 77W, 762, 763, 788, ABY, 332, 333, 319, 320, 321, 342, AR1, E75, ER4, DH4, CR9, AT4, J31, ATP, CN1

gardermoen

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:02 am

Really enjoy your report.
Love CPH and Copenhagen as a city - fantastic place and your photographs bring back good memories of my many times there.
I must try the new metro nexgt time - how long/many stops from your hotel to the city?

StefanPAD

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi Christoph!

Nice story and interesting photos. CPH and it's city are looking great. Worth a visit someday. HAJ is linked with CPH by Cimber Air and I've been curious about their service. Maybe I'll give them a try.

Cheers,
Stefan

ba319-131

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi Christoph,

Another great report & pictures, thanks for sharing.

Quoting Contact Air (Thread starter):
Note that breakfast “Menu 2” is also available with beer. Beer for breakfast – these Danish people really know how to live well

- I guess it is always 12:00 somewhere in the world!

Regards

Mark
111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220

Contact Air
Topic Author

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks a lot to all of you for your nice feedback.  Smile

Quoting Caleb1 (Reply 1):
I truly enjoyed your report. It was informative, well-written and contained a nice combination of text and pictures. Excellent TR!!

Quoting NQYGuy (Reply 2):
A great report there, plenty of detail and interest.

Thank you, Caleb and NQYGuy.

Quoting Gjunnar (Reply 3):
My next report out of STR won't be before July, so keep 'em coming

I haven't planned anything in the near future as well, but I'm sure Markus (FLIEGER67) will help us out with some more STR-reports.  Wink

Quoting Thule (Reply 4):
It's good to see pictures of CPH and the city again, especially the parts I missed when I was visiting there.

I remember your report about Copenhagen and Greenland. I also saw the Air Greenland departing from CPH.

Quoting Linglesou (Reply 5):
I personally would've been a bit let down at not flying the MD (haven't flown on either MD or CRJ but still...i've always wanted to fly on the Mad Dog).

Somehow, the MD-80 is something special. The CRJ200 is an "ordinary" regional plane, not bad but nothing really special.

Quoting Gardermoen (Reply 6):
Love CPH and Copenhagen as a city - fantastic place and your photographs bring back good memories of my many times there.

The city is definitely worth a visit.

Quoting Gardermoen (Reply 6):
I must try the new metro nexgt time - how long/many stops from your hotel to the city?

From my hotel to Kongens Nytorv in city centre it was eight stops by Metro which took about 15 minutes. The Metro trains run every five minutes all day long which is quite convenient.

Quoting StefanPAD (Reply 7):
HAJ is linked with CPH by Cimber Air and I've been curious about their service. Maybe I'll give them a try.

Cimber Air is a nice little airline with friendly staff. A good travel experience.

Quoting BA319-131 (Reply 8):
I guess it is always 12:00 somewhere in the world!

Definitely true.  Smile

Regards
Christoph

infodesk

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi Christoph,

A nice report about an airline not featured much here. Bad luck, what with the aircraft change and then getting a plane you've already been on.

Good idea to go to Copenhagen, looks really nice like so many Scandanavian cities. Those pics of the bridge are very impressive.

It seems those check-in machine are the way to go nowadays. But not needing to have a boarding pass? Seems very strange to me. I hope this isn't a sign of the future.

Nice to hear you made it back to STR and didn't get diverted!

Happy flying
Infodesk  spin 
"Do nothing in haste, look well to each step and from the beginning think what may be the end" - Edward Whymper

mke717spotter

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:55 pm

Very good trip report and pictures!!!

As the CRJ can’t use the jet-bridges, we had to walk the short distance to the gate and climb up the stairs.

I've seen CRJs use jet bridges plenty of times, is there something different about that one?
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

DALCE

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:27 am

Hi Christoph,

A nice report of Cimber Air, an airline not too much covered here on the forum!
CPH really seems to be a nice city, and really worth a visit!
Now I have to try to convince my GF that CPH is that nice!  Smile
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers,
Joost (D-ALCE)
flown: F50,F70,CR1,CR2,CR9,223,E75,E90,143,AR8,AR1,733,735,736,73G,738,
753,763,744,77W,788,319,320,321,333,AB6.

Contact Air
Topic Author

Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks for your comments Hannah, Michael and Joost.

Quoting Infodesk (Reply 10):
Bad luck, what with the aircraft change and then getting a plane you've already been on.

The aircraft change was bad luck indeed. However, I also found it somehow nice to be on the former D-ACLS again and see what has changed with the new operator (all in all not too much).

Quoting Infodesk (Reply 10):
It seems those check-in machine are the way to go nowadays. But not needing to have a boarding pass? Seems very strange to me. I hope this isn't a sign of the future.

I don't hope so either. I don't see any advantage in abolishing boarding passes completely.

Quoting Mke717spotter (Reply 11):
I've seen CRJs use jet bridges plenty of times, is there something different about that one?

I think these jet bridges weren't designed for regional aircraft. They can't go low enough to fit to the entrance of the CRJ. It's the same at other major European airports, like for example at LHR. At some airports there are jet bridges that fit to the CRJ; I have seen that as well, mostly in the USA (I don't know why).

Quoting DALCE (Reply 12):
Now I have to try to convince my GF that CPH is that nice!

I wish you good luck!  Smile Especially during spring and summer when you can spend time at the coastline it's very nice.

Regards
Christoph

FLIEGER67

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi, Christoph,

good to read something more, well pictured from your point of view.

There are several SK flights on my schedule for the next three months.
Four legs on all series of MD80 planes during booking.
And gues how much remained during my latest check?.
Zero!.
So it seems a good chance to try out Cimber and the CRJ200 myself.
Therefore a real interesting read.
And good that you reached STR with only that small delay.

Regards,
Markus (FLIEGER67)
Tripreporter.net

LH4116

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Nice report Christoph!

Interesting to see that SAS are using the CR2, on CPH-STR. And I had always thought that thw in-flight service was complimentary on all Cimber flights. But I guess, this was operated for SAS, so they will have the regular SAS service.

The food looked pretty nice, actually. But not as nice as the breakfast they serve complimentary on domestic flights, hehe Big grin

Thanks for posting

//Jonas
SAS Plus is Business Class made faux!

Contact Air
Topic Author

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks for your comments, Markus and Jonas.

Quoting FLIEGER67 (Reply 14):
Zero!.
So it seems a good chance to try out Cimber and the CRJ200 myself.

The MD-80 of SAS has become rare at STR during summer schedule. The CRJ200 is the typical aircraft on that route now, with some CRJ900 flights in between. But Cimber Air is a nice little airline, so I guess you will have a good flight with them as well.

Quoting LH4116 (Reply 15):
And I had always thought that thw in-flight service was complimentary on all Cimber flights. But I guess, this was operated for SAS, so they will have the regular SAS service.

Yes, it was an "SAS-only" flight that had nothing to do with Cimber's own operations. Cimber only provides aircraft and crews, but the service level is SAS.

Regards
Christoph

Ndebele

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Once again a nice report with great pics - I particularly liked the one with the Oeresund bridge.

Wasn't it you who mentioned in one of the recent reports that the CRJ200 is going to become rare in Europe once LH start retiring their CRJs? I have to admit that I found it a bit funny that you ended up on one of Cimber's ex-LH CRJ Big grin

Regards, Alex.

zonks

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:52 am

Nice report! I have to admit that like some of the others, I clicked on this one as I have a fondness for Copenhagen. It's always nice to see the same airport through someone else's view point. Also, as others have mentioned before, it's a bit rare for a QI trip report.

I've been to CPH a couple of times but I never wandered all the way to the A concourse. It looks great (or at least your photograph does)!

Contact Air
Topic Author

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Thanks Alex and Kevin for your replies!

Quoting Ndebele (Reply 17):
Wasn't it you who mentioned in one of the recent reports that the CRJ200 is going to become rare in Europe once LH start retiring their CRJs? I have to admit that I found it a bit funny that you ended up on one of Cimber's ex-LH CRJ

Yes, quite ironic indeed. Silly Maybe the CRJ200 isn't that rare yet. Especially the Cimber CRJ200-fleet has become bigger with all in all 15 aircraft now.

Quoting Zonks (Reply 18):
I've been to CPH a couple of times but I never wandered all the way to the A concourse. It looks great (or at least your photograph does)!

The A-concourse, together with Terminal 1, is quite far away from the "main" Terminals 2 and 3, it's quite a time to walk. That's why it is very quiet there, only few passengers as most of the domestic flights are served with smaller aircraft. But all in all it's a nice area.

Regards
Christoph

PlaneHunter

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Servus Christoph,

great report with nice pictures from Copenhagen - a city which I really need to visit soon. I only know the airport...  Wink

Originally the outbound flight was scheduled to be operated by an MD-87 which I was looking forward to as I have never been on that particular type of the MD-80-series and flying a “Mad Dog” once again would be nice. However, a few days after my booking, the flight was downgraded to a Cimber Air Canadair Jet.

That's really bad - and the chances to get that bird aren't getting better every day. I wish you good luck for the next try, nevertheless!

The sandwich with cheese and ham didn’t taste bad, however I found it a bit “basic” for the price; it was about the same quality and quantity as what you get for free on LH or other mainline carriers.

I can only agree...

All these cost saving efforts and the ever-decreasing service levels are really annoying. It was somehow depressing to switch to BD and EI from Emirates on my Doha trip some weeks ago. That's one reason why I reduce flying on European routes and try to fly long-haul more often.

The flight attendant didn’t sell much, only a few coffees. I was the only passenger who bought something to eat.

Yes, I know these situations...airlines should be happy about us testers!  Wink

Parked Air Greenland long-haul aircraft:

Always nice to see those!

Quoting FLIEGER67 (Reply 14):
Zero!.

Horrible. One reason why I don't like to book a long time in advance...

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

Contact Air
Topic Author

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi PH and thanks a lot for your reply.

Quoting PlaneHunter (Reply 20):
That's really bad - and the chances to get that bird aren't getting better every day. I wish you good luck for the next try, nevertheless!

Thank you. I have had two flights on the MD-80 on AZ about a year ago which was nice. But these birds are really getting rare, other than the CRJ 200.  Wink

All these cost saving efforts and the ever-decreasing service levels are really annoying. It was somehow depressing to switch to BD and EI from Emirates on my Doha trip some weeks ago.

I can imagine that.

Yes, I know these situations...airlines should be happy about us testers!

Yes, I guess many of us buy something to try it out.

Regards
Christoph