Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

abrelosojos

RE: AF Private 772 Over Again.... And Last.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:56 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 48):
Do you realize how lucky you are to fly in front of everybody else or are you so blasé that even a private jet would not be perfect enough?

Do you ever think of those of us who have to fly in the back of the plane?

I see your age on your profile says 21-25.

Considering that Air France terminated their Concorde flights one fateful 31 May of 2003 -- this is over 6 years already -- I wonder how old you were on the last Concorde flight you flew on and if you were already travelling the world all on your own flying in First Class or on Concorde back then.

Taking the economic downturn into account, you must have rich parents to be able to keep flying in F like you do.

= One can argue that it is precisely in this economic downturn that an airline should value its F passengers more than ever. If during ths downturn (and in any other circumstance), the pax paid an F ticket, they should get F service ... irrespective of the pax age, circumstance, etc. If not, the pax should just pay Y ...

It amazes me that airline flag wavers continue to fail and understand that pissing off their J and F pax and then rationalizing it in any form is just poor business sense.

Saludos,
A.
Live, and let live.

hardiwv

Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Quoting Milesaddict (Thread starter):
It's sad to see AF like this. I used to know a great carrier (l'espace 180 or the Concorde), but since that AF lives with the reputation of a good carrier which is false.

Tools need a good revamp.

Crew : some brilliants and some arrogants... Only trained ones may serve in F.

NO MORE CAPTAIN'S SPOUSE OR FAMILY IN FIRST CLASS !!!!!!!

AF product has deteriorated consistently over the years to the point that KLM, which is supposed to have an inferior product, nowadays offers a better package than AF (eg lounge, airport connnection, crew, on-board meals, etc).

With this type of F product, which to some degree looks like a poor C product, I wonder how AF is still managing to market its F product.

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 46):
= Just move on. AF (like others, but more so) is struggling on all routes they see competition. Ironic I feel. Only routes that are doing well for them are mostly to Africa were they are monopoly and can get away with treating pax like crap

This is correct, apparently AF only excels on routes there is no competition.

Quoting Milesaddict (Thread starter):
When I arrived on board, still no one at the door to welcome pax... I sat. When the chief purser came by I gave him my coat, he denied ! He refused saying "I don't have time". Damn we were still parked at the gate. He was arrogant and unfriendly during all the flight. He did not apologize nor presenting himself afterwards...

Absolutely unacceptable, as I said many times here AF crew is one of its weakest point.

Rgs,

draigonair

Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Great report! Thanks

cheers
cheers

EZEIZA

Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 50):
t amazes me that airline flag wavers continue to fail and understand that pissing off their J and F pax and then rationalizing it in any form is just poor business sense.

I agree with you in this, but at the same time, if a 21-25 year old gets pissed off and decides to never fly an airline again because a guey didn't hang the coat for him, then I think some paying pax are just too hard to satisfym even if they are right.
Yes, I'd be expecting to have my coat stored for me, but if it's not, who cares? With all due respect, you have the exclusive chance of flying in a class where most people can only see through pictures. Yes, you pay a lot and shoudl expect a lot, but think of how 99% of the pax also pay a great deal of money for just getting on the plane.

I appologize for the rant, but here I am thinking if I'll be able to save US$200 so I can go to FIDAE at SCL in March for a single day, and you are complaining about a coat.
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

milesaddict
Topic Author

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 53):
I agree with you in this, but at the same time, if a 21-25 year old gets pissed off and decides to never fly an airline again because a guey didn't hang the coat for him, then I think some paying pax are just too hard to satisfym even if they are right.
Yes, I'd be expecting to have my coat stored for me, but if it's not, who cares? With all due respect, you have the exclusive chance of flying in a class where most people can only see through pictures. Yes, you pay a lot and shoudl expect a lot, but think of how 99% of the pax also pay a great deal of money for just getting on the plane.

I appologize for the rant, but here I am thinking if I'll be able to save US$200 so I can go to FIDAE at SCL in March for a single day, and you are complaining about a coat.

I deeply think that my age is the main issue !!!! I'm 23 and 2 months old. I'm not silly, I'll won't fly AF for many reasons:

- They are too expensive and it's worthless.

- I'm fed up to deal with lazy crew, they also are too arrogant and clumsy to take care of FC.

- The customer service is the worst I've encountered so far.

- The catering. A shame for FC.

- The new FFP.

- The I don't care of you attitude.

Should I go on ?

EZEIZA

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:41 am

Quoting Milesaddict (Reply 54):
I deeply think that my age is the main issue !!!! I'm 23 and 2 months old. I'm not silly, I'll won't fly AF for many reasons:

- They are too expensive and it's worthless.

- I'm fed up to deal with lazy crew, they also are too arrogant and clumsy to take care of FC.

- The customer service is the worst I've encountered so far.

- The catering. A shame for FC.

- The new FFP.

- The I don't care of you attitude.

Should I go on ?

Yes, with 23 years of age and having the chance of flying F often, all I can say is that you need to chill and enjoy life despite the "problems" you encounter in AF.
They don't care about your attitude? fine (and, yes it is wrong, especially in F), don't care about them. Enjoy as much as possible the flat beds, vip lounges, ptv's, etc. etc. etc.
They will always be 200% better than what the average traveller enjoys for an expensive ticket.

rgds.

deltal1011man

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:22 pm

Nice TR tell you said the no Nov-revs thing.  no   no   no   no 

Quoting Milesaddict (Reply 8):
If a business seat is available they will upgrade you according to your card's level.

Thats because like DL,NW and US (and AA on the 763s and 75Ls) They don't have F. So they still get to sit in the highest class. A little scary that a pilot wouldn't know this.

Quoting Burnsie28 (Reply 13):
If there is a seat open then they have the priviledge to be there.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

But see in his world he'd like to see us(non-revs) in Y and then gets mad when the crew isn't happy.  Yeah sure  Yeah sure  Yeah sure

For the recored most of the employees don't get paid that great (round 50K a year) and alot of people go to work for airline because of the free flights and free F or J.  Wink

Quoting Beowulf (Reply 37):
Staff passengers are usually quiet anyway.

That would be because if we(non-revs) act like fools they can pull the rights for just the pass rider or everyone who is on passes(for that employee(at least that is how it works at Delta))

Quoting Milesaddict (Reply 41):
Public aircraft means folks around you, so what ? As long as they are paying got upgraded or flying with miles there is no issue. However flying with the spouse's pilot and even the kid's pilot, (in first) NO NO NO.

Ah so it comes down to if you don't have the money,even if you are crew and don't have the money, don't let them in F and you better be damn happy doing your job. Not trying to be an ass dude but I really hope that the crews you get from now on are like what what on this flight. You seem to not respect them.  no   no   no   no 

Quoting Klkla (Reply 43):

I didn't see in the TR where he said that the non-revs were acting like fools. If that was the case then he needs to email AF and tell them about it. If they feel like it they can find out who was on the flight and deal with the problem. I don't think he should single out all pass riders and say we shouldn't be able to fly in F just because. If the non-revs are making trouble then like i said contact the airline and they can take care of it. Just because they are NRSA is a pretty piss poor reason not let them in F.

milesaddict
Topic Author

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Do you think a company lives with non revs ? If then, you should set up a new carrier ! CREW AIRWAYS......

Your post is full of frustration....

If they were well behaved do you think I would have noticed them ? Even if they were I would have known since I ask at the boarding gate how many pax in F.

However If one day you pay 18000 usd for a LAX-CDG in First and you can't sleep because of the kid's pilot what will you say ?

Moreover when a carrier sell you the product as a private place, calm, a heaven is the sky, I expect that !

FC must remain private for paying pax and pax flying with their miles. Crew can sit in business, so what s the matter ?

EZEIZA

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Did you complain about this during the flight?

yes, paying 18K you should have what is promoted. But if the crew family had been a paying customer what would you have said?
And by the way, paying 1,000 for economy usually doesn't give you what was advertized either, and that amount of money for most people is the equivalent of 18k for you.

In any case, it's your decision and hopefully your next flight will be better, but if something similar happens on whatever carrier, before getting angry and irritated because someone doesn't take your coat, think of how lucky you are in being there, especially being just 23 years old.

EC001

Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi there Milesaddict

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 48):
Good trip report with nice pictures although I find your complaints a bit too exaggerated.
Do you realize how lucky you are to fly in front of everybody else or are you so blasé that even a private jet would not be perfect enough?

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 55):
es, with 23 years of age and having the chance of flying F often, all I can say is that you need to chill and enjoy life despite the "problems" you encounter in AF.
They don't care about your attitude? fine (and, yes it is wrong, especially in F), don't care about them. Enjoy as much as possible the flat beds, vip lounges, ptv's, etc. etc. etc.
They will always be 200% better than what the average traveller enjoys for an expensive ticket.

I have to agree with these two people: I really enjoy your trip reports, I really do. They are thoroughly documented, and humoristic as well (which is always a plus!  Smile Plus, unfortunately I do have to agree with you on a number of quality issues you raised about AF's services. (believe me, If've had some on my numerous domestic flights!)

But the thing I don't understand, is that you're only 23 years old (just like me) and you're already overly complaining as if you were a 60 year's old business man (no offense to anyone) who seems to have seen everything in life and is blasé. My apologies if you aready are indeed a young talented business man who has to travel a lot (I would understand in that case), but if not, aren't there other more important things in life to do (or to complain about) than flying horrific first class or J cabins?

You're 23! Life a real life! luxury is only what you pay for, not what you deserve (intraséquement);

On the bright side, just feel lucky to fly premium cabins at your age  Smile

I look forward to reading your next TR (even if it's a one on AF  Wink .....I don't have any patriotic agenda by the way, my favorate airline is BA, and I'm just an American living in Paris)

cheers,

o2

milesaddict
Topic Author

Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Bonsoir,

Merci pour vos commentaires. Je suis Français.

I also need to change the flag since I'm no longer in US.

Quoting EC001 (Reply 59):
I really enjoy your trip reports, I really do. They are thoroughly documented, and humoristic as well (which is always a plus! Smile Plus, unfortunately I do have to agree with you on a number of quality issues you raised about AF's services. (believe me, If've had some on my numerous domestic flights!)

Thanks a lot !

But the thing I don't understand, is that you're only 23 years old (just like me) and you're already overly complaining as if you were a 60 year's old business man (no offense to anyone) who seems to have seen everything in life and is blasé. My apologies if you aready are indeed a young talented business man who has to travel a lot (I would understand in that case),

I'm working for a Bank. You know even if I do complain a lot I feel fortunate to fly in F. Within 3 weeks I'll be off to Asia in Suite. Can't wait!!!!

but if not, aren't there other more important things in life to do (or to complain about) than flying horrific first class or J cabins?

Yes ! My salary and my wife ! Joking of course...

I look forward to reading your next TR (even if it's a one on AF Wink .....I don't have any patriotic agenda by the way, my favorate airline is BA, and I'm just an American living in Paris)

I have 2 TR on AF FC not yet published. My next TR will be on *A. Plus I only have 3 SH on BA business class.

Cordialement.

MilesAddict.

EC001

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:00 am

Quoting Milesaddict (Reply 60):
I have 2 TR on AF FC not yet published. My next TR will be on *A. Plus I only have 3 SH on BA business class

Cool! I'll be waiting for them!

cheers from Paris,

o2

EZEIZA

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Quoting Milesaddict (Reply 60):
Yes ! My salary and my wife ! Joking of course...

you are 23 and married? there's something to complain about! Big grin

just kidding  Wink