airbuseric
Topic Author

An Early Kick Off! VLM's Fokker 50 To Manchester

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi again,

VLM’s now gone RTM-LCY-MAN flight reported: Early kick off to Manchester!

This is the first part of my daytrip to catch another B777 ride. I had to fly to Manchester first, and since KLM was overpriced, and bmibaby not my taste, it made me decide to book with VLM.
VLM offered a non-stop RTM-MAN flight in the morning, as well a tag-on via LCY. Price: exactly the same. Of course I opted for the flight via LCY…. Much more fun for the same price!

It was a Monday when I travelled. First I had to get in Rotterdam. My car was no option, since my returnflight would bring me to Amsterdam. Public transport was my choice. Not too many options in the early morning. I had to connect from a bus to a train to a bus. And I had to build in some spare time to cover up with possible delays on the railway. It’s was a Monday morning, everything can happen during the morning rush!

My bus connected very well to the Intercity-Brussels train at Schiphol Airport. But we did not leave the station. My worst dreams came to reality, when the train manager reported that the train was broken and the service was cancelled. Everybody had to leave the train. Lucky enough, another normal InterCity just came in on another platform, direction Dordrecht. Of course calling at Rotterdams Central station too. And I was even able to secure a seat in that now very busy train!

Once in Rotterdam, I faced with too many contruction works going on at and around the station. Nearly everything was to be done at the same time. All buses, roadtrains, were situated somewhere else. It took me 5 more minutes to find out my way, but I managed it quickly enough to secure planned bus. On the other side, I can imagine that foreigners might need more time in such situations and miss the bus. Which would mean the next bus 15 minutes later.

Welcome to Rotterdam. In front of Central Station (contruction works going on)

The bus is a direct line to the airport, driving through some populated areas. It takes about 20 minutes in total. The final busstop is next to the terminal building.

Rotterdam Airport

Rotterdam Airport was a serene place. Very windy conditions made the temperature feel cold, so I went inside the building quickly. Nearly no passengers at that moment. The VLM check-in desk was unmanned, but when I approached the area, a lady from behind the ticketsales counter quickly came to me and checked me in. She explained to me the situation at LCY. Since I enter the UK in LCY, I had to clear immigration at LCY, so I could not stay on board the plane. She gave a transfer-boardingpass to me, and told me to be quick at LCY. Free newspapers are on offer at the check-in counter.

Security was a real breeze. I was the only passenger using it, so no hurry and the staff was very friendly. I wonder how it would look like when one or two HV charterflights are leaving and they have to deal with 400 passengers!

Rotterdam Airport, terminal inside, public side

Rotterdam Airport, terminal inside, airside/clean area

The departure lounge was a deserted area. A few business men were talking, the staff from the coffee bar were chatting too. The taxfree shop was completely empty. I decided to get the ladies back to work, and ordered a latte machiato, took my seat and read the newspaper. The only flight before mine was a VLM to LCY. It would leave nearly empty…

Boarding was at gate 2, and I had to go through passport control first. Done in seconds.
The departure lounge offers good views on the apron, but it’s not so interesting with no traffic. An public observation deck is situated on top of the terminal too.

Since the LCY flight left meanwhile, it was obvious that the Fokker 50 in front of my gate would be mine. Boarding started at 08:55am without announcements.

My Fokker 50 being catered and filled up with JET-A1

RTM-LCY-MAN
Flight No.: VG203 Date: 11MAY09
STD: 09:10 ATD: 09:16 RTM
STA: 09:10 ATA: 09:21 LCY
STD: 09:40 ATD: 10:05 LCY
STA: 10:55 ATA: 11:11 MAN
A/C: Fokker 50 Reg No.: OO-VLN
Seat: 05A Single Class

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Alfredo La Marca - SpotIT

Before I boarded the aircraft I made some pictures of OO-VLN, called Spirit of Reenstar. A friendly British captain was waving to me from the cockpit.
Total amount of passengers on this flight was 25, making it a load of 50% to LCY. Cabin crew was British too. Due LCY congestion, we left a few minutes late from Rotterdam. Our flightlevel over the Northsea would be 16,000 feet according the captain. And weather in London would be fine, with a bit bumpy approach to be expected.

Boarding by feet on the apron

One more look on the terminal building, just before boarding

Good morning! Welcome aboard

The engines were switched into running mode during the manual safety demo. But most of the passengers found the financial page in their newspapers more interesting. It seems that I was the only one giving at least some attention to the crew.

The short taxiride brought us to runway 24 for takeoff. This would mean a nice left turn back to the southwest and hopefully some good views! Takeoff was really quickly today, it seemed that I was almost flying on a paper plane.

Airborne & gear up!

Up and away… climbing out of Rotterdam

We turned left indeed and flew over the western part of the Netherlands, quickly towards the coastline. When we started our crossing over the water, crew started their service too. They delivered a large sandwich with Gouda Cheese and lettuce. Coffee and tea also of course, or anything else. I had a coffee, with a refill later. The sandwich was really fresh. Made and pre-packed by Erasmus Catering in Rotterdam. I think they’re entitled to cater the airline on flights out of Rotterdam.

”Waterkering Nieuwe-Waterweg”

Breakfast time : sandwich and coffee

The crossing over the Northsea was smooth. I read some more words in the morning news, and watched down on the rough water.

The Fokker was flown into London via the estuary of the River Thames, and over the South part of the City. Final descent was a bit bumpy, with quite a few shakers. Not enjoyed by some of the passengers. Meanwhile I enjoyed my views during our final turn for runway 10.

Overflying the British coastline/River Thames estuary

Buckingham Palace in downtown London

More downtown London

Landing was followed by some heavy braking and a 180° turn on the runway. This is necessary since no parallel taxiway is available at the small airport. We taxied on the apron, which was full with morning traffic. It was packed with other Fokker 50’s, several RJ-85/100’s and a few ATR aircraft. Also 1 Fokker 70 was present (OS). We waited a few more minutes before we were finally being pushed back into our parking stand.

Taxiing to the stand

The bus for the terminal was waiting already. I also had to take it, to clear immigration for the UK here. And back up to first floor/departures > security check > boarding. I managed to do all of it within 7 minutes (!). Can you believe a complete check-out and re-entering in such a short time? It’s all possible at LCY… Boarding was from gate 2A. So a short walk only after security.

The bus was waiting already for me, most of the passengers were already in. Not much later I was back with the same Fokker 50 for second part of the trip to Manchester.

Before boarding, another interesting approach of ‘The Green Machine’

The bus that brought me here again…

Once the quick boarding completed, a nice welcome from the flightdeck. A delay for startup was expected due to busy traffic at the airport. The cabin crew came around with some sweet candy.
Load on this flight was 21 passengers. The seat next to me was blocked off.

When it was our turn for startup and taxi, we were off almost immediately. Since our parking position was directly located at the entrance for runway 10. We followed a Transwede/SAS RJ-70 aircraft.
Soon it was also our turn and the very quick takeoff was followed by a bumpy climb towards the North.

Following Transwede/SAS to the active, runway 10

After turning away, we said bye, bye to City Airport

Why not, a cabin view from seat 05A on OO-VLN.

We flew nearly right over Luton Airport, land of easyJet. At this moment also the sandwiches were handed out. A real English sandwich now, with Red Leicester and tomato on a focaccia. It was really fresh and tasted nice! I got a (real) glass of orange juice.
Once we continued overflying the beautiful British landscape, coffee and a chocolate (Leonidas) was offered.

Good morning London Luton. A bit of orange down there?

This sandwich was really tasty!

Smoothly flying on the ‘Made in Holland’ Fokker 50

That is an interesting railway bridge… Anybody?

Final approach for Manchester

The ride was over too soon. Landing was at 11:05am on runway 05R. The aircraft for my next ride arrived just in front of us apparently. I’ll report that trip later in a separate post.
Taxiing was rather time consuming, to spot 17 (terminal 3).

After landing, the aircraft for my next ride is also ‘on schedule’

Deplane was via the aircraft stairs onto the platform. A friendly goodbye of the crew. The captain waved to me also. One more picture was made from inside the terminal building before I headed to check-in for the next flight that day on something bigger.

The Fokker arrived. Bye, bye and see you next time!

Overall I can conclude that VLM still offers a very good product. It reduced the catering a bit with previous years, e.g. the yogurt is gone now. And the food is not given on a plate anymore.
But still, large and fresh sandwiches, with original taste. Crew is very attentive, as well very friendly ground service. I really wonder what they will become when fully intergrated with CityJet/AF-KLM group. I will soon test it out, in a few weeks I will fly VLM F50 again, back on CityJet RJ85. I will compare both and report again.

Thanks for reading. And your feedback is always appreciated.

Regards,
Eric
"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"

OA260

RE: An Early Kick Off! VLM's Fokker 50 To Manchester

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Hey Eric ,
Another nice report. They look pretty decent. 7 mins turn around at LCY is indeed amazing. You got some nice pics of London whilst coming into land. I have never flown into or out of LCY and would love to one day .

Thanks for the nice report

Philip

airbuseric
Topic Author

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Philip,

thanks for your reply!

Quoting OA260 (Reply 1):
7 mins turn around at LCY is indeed amazing.

Yeah, that was my turnaround, not the planes  Wink

Quoting OA260 (Reply 1):
I have never flown into or out of LCY and would love to one day .

I almost can't believe that. Next time you should book something between DUB-LCY. And you'll also catch a ride on a nice prop maybe.

Regards,
Eric

iclcy

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:28 pm

'After turning away, we said bye, bye to City Airport'

I can see my house in that pic!

FlyingFinn76

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:07 am

Hey Eric,

That's a great little report. I like the crisp images of the (always impressive) approach to LCY and the scenery between LCY and MAN.

VLM is a top notch airline, flew 'em once last December LCY-AMS and I was very impressed. Here's hoping the KLM deal doesn't ruin them.

It looks like you made the right decision by choosing them over the direct KL flights - you got two far superior sandwiches than the dry cheese ones you always seem to get on KL/KLC...

BTW Has Saudia since stopped the MAN-GVA service that you're up to next? I was looking for it a few weeks back in the hopes of being able to include it in my autumn travel plans (featuring both MAN and GVA), but couldn't find the flight any more.

airbuseric
Topic Author

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:53 am

Hi again,

thanks for your reading and comments;

Quoting Iclcy (Reply 3):
I can see my house in that pic!

How nice! Then you live in a good place I think, close to the action and the city itself!

Quoting FlyingFinn76 (Reply 4):
VLM is a top notch airline, flew 'em once last December LCY-AMS and I was very impressed. Here's hoping the KLM deal doesn't ruin them.

They are already. As said, the plate service is gone, and catering slightly reduced. I wonder how far they will go...

It looks like you made the right decision by choosing them over the direct KL flights

Moreover, this one was cheaper and more interesting with the F50 and LCY included  Wink

Has Saudia since stopped the MAN-GVA service that you're up to next?

Really? Don't know. The flight I was on was not really busy. Maybe loads were insufficient on this sector? Remember that you've to collect your ticket from a SV ticketoffice in the UK (pay in GBP). It gave me some trouble, but my contacts AMS worked out  spin 

Regards,
Eric

LH4116

Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:08 am

Very interesting report Eric!

Such a pity with all those train delays, but in case you missed your flight, would they have compensated you or not? IIRC in Sweden if you're taking the train to the airport and are booked on SAS, they will compensate for both the train ticket and the plane ticket in you miss the flight, but that doesn't apply for the other airlines which is bad.

The meal service provided by VLM looked great! Real glass and cups looked very J class-ish. Though didn't they use to serve a more proper breakfast on morning flights? But the sandwiches seemed far better than any of the EU majors!

Thanks for sharing!

//Jonas
SAS Plus is Business Class made faux!

akhmad

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi Eric,

What a wonderful TR! I love it!

Quoting Airbuseric (Thread starter):
Welcome to Rotterdam. In front of Central Station (contruction works going on)

I am employed by the company whose tall building is captured by your camera. Thanks for this one.  wink 

The VLM check-in desk was unmanned, but when I approached the area, a lady from behind the ticketsales counter quickly came to me and checked me in.

The simplicity of a tiny but efficient airport! But I thought that VLM had an on-line check in facility.

"Waterkering Nieuwe-Waterweg"

I like this one!

within 7 minutes (!).

Wow!

I can hardly wait for the next one. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,
Suryo
There is no deity except You. Exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers.

CrimsonNL

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Hey Eric, nice report! Good to see VG still offering decent service! It's a shame they got replaced on the AMS routes! I'm looking forward to your return trip report to compare it with my BA experience  Wink

Regards, Martijn
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

ba319-131

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi Eric,

Great pix and TR!

VLM offered a non-stop RTM-MAN flight in the morning, as well a tag-on via LCY. Price: exactly the same. Of course I opted for the flight via LCY…. Much more fun for the same price!

- Great option, amazing it is the same cost!

I also had to take it, to clear immigration for the UK here. And back up to first floor/departures > security check > boarding. I managed to do all of it within 7 minutes (!). Can you believe a complete check-out and re-entering in such a short time? It’s all possible at LCY

- That is pretty amazing, imagine trying to do the same at LHR or CDG!

Those sandwiches look very nice, I'm really impressed!

Cheers Eric

Kind Regards

Mark
111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220

Contact Air

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi Eric,

Very nice report and some great pictures. I liked especially the ones of your approach into LCY. London from the air is always fascinating.

No question - I would have done the same. Interesting that they offer it at all with the immigration to take place at LCY, when there is a non-stop service RTM-MAN as well.

I also had to take it, to clear immigration for the UK here. And back up to first floor/departures > security check > boarding. I managed to do all of it within 7 minutes (!). Can you believe a complete check-out and re-entering in such a short time? It’s all possible at LCY

That's really amazing and definitely only possible at smaller airports with short ways and no waiting times at customs and security check.

I'm looking forward to your experiences on Saudi Arabian Airlines - an airline that isn't covered frequently here.  Smile

Regards
Christoph

airbuseric
Topic Author

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi guys, thanks for replying on me;

Quoting LH4116 (Reply 6):

Such a pity with all those train delays, but in case you missed your flight, would they have compensated you or not?

Hi Jonas, no. Not any compensation at all here. Train delay up to 5 minutes even count as 'on time' in this country  Wink

The meal service provided by VLM looked great! Real glass and cups looked very J class-ish.

Hehe,... completely to my style Big grin

Though didn't they use to serve a more proper breakfast on morning flights?

Yes, it was a bit more 'breakfast style' before, but the yogurt is gone now. The chocolate is now brought seperately with the second coffee/tea round.

Quoting Akhmad (Reply 7):
I am employed by the company whose tall building is captured by your camera.

Hi Akhmad. And I'm customer then with some insurances etc., with your employer... It's a great building on a perfect location.

Quoting Akhmad (Reply 7):
But I thought that VLM had an on-line check in facility.

They have indeed. But I prefer the real boarding pass.

Quoting CrimsonNL (Reply 8):
It's a shame they got replaced on the AMS routes! I'm looking forward to your return trip report to compare it with my BA experience

Yes Martijn,... it's a shame indeed. I'm not sure if I would like Cityjet now on the AMS flights. Well, I'll check it out for you shortly.

Quoting BA319-131 (Reply 9):
hat is pretty amazing, imagine trying to do the same at LHR or CDG!

@ Mark, of course, my own 'speed' helped also a bit to make this short connection as it was for me, but LCY is really convenient indeed!

Quoting Contact Air (Reply 10):
I liked especially the ones of your approach into LCY. London from the air is always fascinating.

Hi Christoph, agreed. London is very nice from above. And on the ground as well  Smile You're lucky if treated with a runway 10 approach at LCY.

Interesting that they offer it at all with the immigration to take place at LCY, when there is a non-stop service RTM-MAN as well.

I think it's just a think of UK regulations, since LCY-MAN is in fact a domestic portion and at MAN, no immigration facilities were seen.

I'm looking forward to your experiences on Saudi Arabian Airlines

Hope to get something in the air soon.

Stay tuned,
Regards,
Eric

BZNPilot

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 am

Hi Eric,

Great report and the pics really give a good sense of what it was like. Thanks for sharing.

VLM is one of those airlines I'd love to experience, and the same goes for LCY--an airport I'd like to add to my logbook. Hopefully at some point I will. The Fokker 50 sure is a fun little aircraft. Nice that you got to make two flights to Manchester instead of just the one--good planning.

Looking forward to hearing about your onward travels.

BZNPilot

abrelosojos

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:10 am

Eric,

Thanks for wonderful trip report. Let me put it this way ... I have known VLM intimately in the past ... and they are a gem of an airline. It is good to see that their standards are still pretty high.

Saludos,
A.
Live, and let live.

infodesk

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Eric,

A very enjoyable read! VLM create a good impression, particularly with their on board service for two such short legs. My mouth's watering now at the sight of red leicester cheese, I do miss those good old english cheeses!

Whilst I understand you had to clear immigration at LCY, it still seems a somewhat silly when you end up back on the same aircraft. 7 mins has to be some record!

Some lovely pics of London and approach into MAN, can't help you with the railway viaduct I'm afraid. I take it you're flying SV back to GVA? Look forward to reading about it.

Thanks for posting & happy flying
Infodesk  spin 
"Do nothing in haste, look well to each step and from the beginning think what may be the end" - Edward Whymper

BasilFawlty

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:48 am

Has Saudia since stopped the MAN-GVA service that you're up to next?

SV still flies the route! JED-RUH-GVA-MAN-GVA-RUH-JED on Mondays and RUH-JED-GVA-MAN-GVA-JED-RUH on Fridays!

Quoting Airbuseric (Reply 5):
Remember that you've to collect your ticket from a SV ticketoffice in the UK (pay in GBP). It gave me some trouble, but my contacts AMS worked out

You can book online as well. I booked this flight via ebookers.co.uk without any problems.  Smile
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'

airbuseric
Topic Author

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi again, thanks once more for the comments,

Quoting BZNPilot (Reply 12):
Nice that you got to make two flights to Manchester instead of just the one--good planning.

It was indeed a great flight, but unfortunately the onward leg LCY-MAN is not operated anymore since late May. Remains just 2 nonstop RTM-MAN flights nowadays on VG's F50.

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 13):
I have known VLM intimately in the past ... and they are a gem of an airline. It is good to see that their standards are still pretty high.

I really wonder how long we will see this airline and it's high standards continuing to fly. With the future of AF/KL ahead of them, I really doubt their future.

Quoting Infodesk (Reply 14):
My mouth's watering now at the sight of red leicester cheese, I do miss those good old english cheeses!

LOL! So, why don't book a flight on VG and get some cheese  Wink

Whilst I understand you had to clear immigration at LCY, it still seems a somewhat silly when you end up back on the same aircraft.

I preferred another F50 but the procedures were explained to me already in RTM and went quickly. So no big deal actually and a good opportunity to stretch the legs for a while.

Quoting BasilFawlty (Reply 15):
I booked this flight via ebookers.co.uk without any problems.

SV's website offer cheaper fares, even more when you'll be able to convert the GBP into EUR (with the current exchange rates), and pay in EUR at any SV office in Europe. They actually have a small office at AMS.

Regards,
Eric

abrelosojos

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Quoting BasilFawlty (Reply 15):

You can book online as well. I booked this flight via ebookers.co.uk without any problems. Smile

= Actually, I have found eBookers great - like booking me on HM from ZRH to LHR.

Quoting Airbuseric (Reply 16):

I really wonder how long we will see this airline and it's high standards continuing to fly. With the future of AF/KL ahead of them, I really doubt their future.

= Ya. Sadly, AF has a way of "changing" great brands ... KLM ... and now VLM?

Saludos,
A.
Live, and let live.

Flanders

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Hey Eric,

Great report with nice pics!

The loads on these flights seemed quite low! Wonder how they are performing in general.

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 17):

So do I. Changing a well-known brand, starting ANR-FRA and axing it a few weeks later... I hope management knows what they are doing! Let's wait and see...

Greetings,

Flanders.

airbuseric
Topic Author

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi, Flanders, thanks for the feedback,

Quoting Flanders (Reply 18):
The loads on these flights seemed quite low! Wonder how they are performing in general.

I've never ever been on a fully loaded VLM flight. Max was about 30 pax on RTM-HAM once, also a F50. All my other flights were max about half full only.

Quoting Flanders (Reply 18):
Changing a well-known brand, starting ANR-FRA and axing it a few weeks later... I hope management knows what they are doing! Let's wait and see...

Didn't know that yet. Termination of this route came pretty quick then! Unbelievable.

Regards,
Eric

StefanPAD

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi Eric!

Nice to read about your short haul experience.

Of course I opted for the flight via LCY.... Much more fun for the same price!

thumbsup 

What a pity to hear that. I've neither been on VLM nor on a F50. VLM seems to offer a great product and if I remember right, in your TR of RTM-HAM you had been on the F50 with the brown leather seats, which I like the most. Unfortunately here is no airport around which is served by VG. Or I have to go to HAM.

Whilst I understand you had to clear immigration at LCY, it still seems a somewhat silly when you end up back on the same aircraft.

Maybe it's to handle it at MAN as a domestic flight without passport controls?

Regards,
Stefan

FLIEGER67

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:02 pm

Hey, Eric,

back from Canada late yesterday and ready now to follow you´re
real interesting story.

via LCY. Price: exactly the same. Of course I opted for the flight via LCY…. Much more fun for the same price!

Me, too in every possible way, you know!.

. On the other side, I can imagine that foreigners might need more time in such situations and miss the bus. Which would mean the next bus 15 minutes later.

Exact, last time I need even some minutes to locate the taxi stand.

Looking for the next part now.

Regards,
Markus (FLIEGER67)
Tripreporter.net

PlaneHunter

Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:21 am

Hi Eric,

very nice report with great pictures. VLM's product is really impressive. Hopefully that won't change after the Cityjet re-branding.

They delivered a large sandwich with Gouda Cheese and lettuce. Coffee and tea also of course, or anything else. I had a coffee, with a refill later. The sandwich was really fresh.

This sandwich was really tasty!

That stuff looks really good!

And the food is not given on a plate anymore.

At least the coffee is still served in porcelain cups!

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

airbuseric
Topic Author

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 am

Hi all,

thanks for the other replies,

Quoting StefanPAD (Reply 20):
f I remember right, in your TR of RTM-HAM you had been on the F50 with the brown leather seats,

Yes indeed, that was on OO-VLR. The brown seats were a bit more 'classy'.

Quoting StefanPAD (Reply 20):
Maybe it's to handle it at MAN as a domestic flight without passport controls?

Handled as domestic one indeed at MAN. No immigration anymore after my final arrival.

Quoting FLIEGER67 (Reply 21):
back from Canada late yesterday

Welcome back Markus!

Quoting FLIEGER67 (Reply 21):
Looking for the next part now.

You can look... but I need time. Can I have some of your spare time?  Wink

Quoting PlaneHunter (Reply 22):
Hopefully that won't change after the Cityjet re-branding.

I will check tomorrow what Cityjet has to offer. I will fly both VLM F50 and Cityjet RJ85 tomorrow.

Regards,
Eric

MH017

Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:08 pm

Eric,

Great TR with nice photos and well written text...

Indeed, the F50 is a great 'little' aircraft; if you wanna enjoy the KLC samples once more, you'd better hurry, because by MAR2010, they'll all be gone/exited the KLC fleet  Sad

Catering on VG looks a lot better than KL/KLC btw...
don't throw away tomorrow !

DALCE

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi Eric,

Good to read you again. Routings from RTM are always interesting, since it still lacks in my log.  Smile
VLM again delivered a decent service as far as I can see from your pics and comments.
It sure is a pity that they will be gone soon. It sure is one nice airline.
Did you see our old schoolmate at LCY since he is based there flying around in the BA RJ100's?

Looking forward to your next installment.
Groetjes,
Joost (D-ALCE)
flown: F50,F70,CR1,CR2,CR9,223,E75,E90,143,AR8,AR1,733,735,736,73G,738,
753,763,744,77W,788,319,320,321,333,AB6.

airbuseric
Topic Author

Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Quoting MH017 (Reply 24):
if you wanna enjoy the KLC samples once more, you'd better hurry, because by MAR2010, they'll all be gone/exited the KLC fleet

It's a shame to see them go. I think they really belonged to KL and AMS. Once KL retites the F50, they are mostly gone from the airport. But no need for me to jump on a KL one, they fly all the same, but VG offers a better service  Silly

Quoting DALCE (Reply 25):
Routings from RTM are always interesting, since it still lacks in my log.

And it's for you even a further drive more south to catch that flight  Wink

Quoting DALCE (Reply 25):
Did you see our old schoolmate at LCY since he is based there flying around in the BA RJ100's?

Maybe he can fly me to his homebase next month, as I'll fly the RJ100 AMS-LCY and back on the inaugural Emb170 flight LCY-AMS on it's first day of operation.

Regards,
Eric