MIAspotter
Topic Author

Girona To Bournemouth And Back On Ryanair

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey everyone!

Just a short story of a flight I took recently, hope you enjoy it.

I N T R O D U C T I O N

August, time for everyone to pack up and leave on their long awaited holidays, in Spain particularly everything seems to stop as businesses close for up to a month, making it rather difficult to find a job if your contract expired during this month… like it happened to me…

I used to live in Bournemouth from 2002 until 2007 when I had enough of the British weather and moved to Barcelona, I still have however a cousin living there and some good friends so it’s always nice to go back from time to time to catch up.

So having nothing to do I decided to pop over to say hello and have a break from the exhausting heat that has been savaging Barcelona during the summer.

There are not that many choices to get from Barcelona to Bournemouth, you can go on BA from BCN to LHR or LCY and then endure a 2hr bus ride to Bournemouth for a not tempting 35 pound bus ticket, or you could fly Girona-Bournemouth direct on Ryanair (after enduring a 1 hour bus ride from Barcelona for 21 euros)

Ryanair, love it or hate it, it has changed the way we travel, I am not particularly a fan of them and have sworn to never fly them again, but if needs must…

Sorry for the quality of the picture, they were taken on my iPhone, there are only a few that I took with my proper camera but it was too bulky to have it with me in the cabin.

B O O K I N G

Booking was done thru Ryanair website (of course) which looks as if it was designed in 1997 and stayed that way ever since, no fancy animations, nothing, but at least it works and it is pretty much straightforward.

The fare came to a total of 99 Euros after the credit card charge, my E-ticket was immediately delivered to my inbox, a few days before departure I was sent a notification that I could check-in for my flight now alongside a very strict 1 piece of cabin baggage per person not exceeding 10kg…

D E P A R T U R E

Wednesday, August 25th 2010
FR9911 Girona Costa Brava (LEGE) to Bournemouth Hurn Airport (EGGH)
Departure 16:25
Arrival 17:20 (local time)
Boeing 737-800W EI-DYD (Delivered on March 2008)
Seat. Window somewhere just behind the wing.

I left my home in Barcelona at around 12:20ish and after a short metro ride I arrived at Barcelona Estacion del Norte coach station to catch the 13:15 bus to Girona, the bus departed more or less on time and we began our journey north arriving at the airport at around 14:20

GRO airport is buzzing with activity during this time as lots of holidaymakers make their way in and out, also being vacation period did not help, still, the airport manages to run ok.

After entering the terminal I made my way to the departures area, a security agent checked my boarding card (sorry, paper) and wished me a “Buen viaje” sorry she said, “Bon vol” (In Catalan) sorry Miss, Spanish is fine to me…

Security was cleared in no time and the No belt, no shoes, no nothing policy is not applied in Spain so it makes for a very smooth flow.

I then wandered around the terminal a bit, bought a bottle of Spanish Red Wine for my Cousin and took my camera out to photograph the airplanes at the apron. (mostly Ryanair)

Scenes from the apron.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/1-1.jpg
Global Express to BBJ.
“Hey Kaz, Ain’t that your 738 cousin who didn’t went to Harvard, and moved to Ireland to work for some cheap airline?”

BBJ.
“Yes” And there’s his twin brother arriving as well, maybe if I put my cockpit window shades on they will not recognize me”

FR Promoting Fuerteventura.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/6.jpg

2 Rich people toys, sadly not subbing any FR flights… P4-KAZ (BBJ) and M-ATAK (Global Express)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/2.jpg

Travel Service to somewhere in Czech Republic and FR to Ciampino.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/5.jpg

F L I G H T

At 15:50 Boarding was announced, and a huge queue formed, passports were checked and the bottom half of your boarding paper was stylishly ripped Ryanair style.

2 Gestapo gate agents made everyone put their hand baggage thru the box thingy to see if it was deemed appropriate and worthy of going in the award winning Lidl designed Ryanair Cabins.

Mine fitted (with a bit of a push) so I was let go onto the ramp.

Most people were concentrated on the front door of the aircraft, so I made my way to the back, this seemed to be a full flight so chances of me scoring a window seat looked bleak, as I entered the cabin most seats were taken, but I saw a whole empty row just ahead of me, a mom and her daughter behind me seemed to have the same idea as me but I was first, they muttered something in English and the girl looked at me with evil eyes as they have to settle for an aisle and middle seat a few rows ahead, (sorry but next time you can buy priority boarding and get on first)

Anyways, I squeezed into my window seat and waited for the rest of the people to board, during boarding this classical tune was played all along with some adverts in between, sorry O’Leary… but putting classical music during boarding will not make your airline look classy… the tune also gets a bit on your nerves after a while and you just wish for boarding to be completed so we can get on our way and that infernal music put down.

A chavvy looking couple took the seats next to me, the man took the middle seat and the girl the aisle, in keeping with tradition of me having smelly people sat next to me on planes this guy had some B.O and it was enhanced with the foul odour of “I’ve had a few at the bar”… nice.

Departure time came and went as it seemed a few passengers were missing, they were called over the PA to no avail, then we all had to get our boarding passes out so that the cabin could double check, to the nuisance of my seatmates who started complaining, in a language full of “Fuck” “Fucking” and “Shit”

Not too worry, everything was sorted and doors were shut, the crew introduced themselves and it consisted on 4 lovely looking girls one in particular with green eyes and short dark hair was absolutely gorgeous. (I also saw her on my flight back on Friday)

Safety demo was done using a recording while the crew performed the pointing, clickin, pulling and blowing on the life vest.

The ghastly FR cabins, Yellow and blue as far as you can see.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/55e1e5d9.jpg

The safety “sticker”
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/cd0180f8.jpg

Girona Costa Brava.

We taxied to RWY 20 and once there the captain applied full power and we lifted off with some 20 minutes delay.

No information was given about route, altitude, etc the cockpit crew just introduced themselves and said the flight time was to be 1:45 minutes.

We flew right over Toulouse airport, If I would have sat on the left side of the airplane I might have catched a glimpse of the Airbus Factory, but I was on the right so I had to settle to look at the terminal and apparently the ATR factory.

We then continue across “Le France” towards the UK.

Nice clear skies over Spain/France

Interesting to find an Air Asia advert on the FR magazine… perhaps a sign of future codeshare?

You know you reached the UK when…

We started our descent towards BOH and we were pretty much covered in cloud and rain all the way to touchdown, now we are airplane enthusiast and most of us know a little bit of what goes on up front, so a bit of turbulence or a bouncy touchdown does not scare us, but let me tell you this time I was indeed a bit frightened during landing, in typical Ryanair style the PF smashed the plane on the runway hard, then reverse thrust and heavy braking followed and I could feel that the plane started to skid but the PF immediately let go of the brakes and rolled out, safely we vacated the runway still in one piece and taxied to the new BOH terminal.

If the runway is soaked in rain, I do not see the point on using heavy braking, maybe some MED autobrake and reverse thrust might work.

Welcome to England, here’s some rain for ya.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/ca2c772b.jpg

After a short taxi we parked at our gate and the usual rush to disembark followed, BOH does not have any jetways and nor does it have covered airstairs to make life a little easier for passengers.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/02630271.jpg

Both front and rear doors were opened and after saying bye to the crew we had a nice bath running towards the terminal to clear passport control, that took some 10 minutes and I was out in the arrivals shed where my cousin picked me up.

T H E R E T U R N

Friday, September 3rd 2010
FR9912 Hurn Airport (EGGH) to Girona Costa Brava (LEGE)
Departure 08:45
Arrival 11:45 (local time)
Boeing 737-800W EI-DWF (Delivered on October 2007)
Seat. Window somewhere near the back.

D E P A R T U R E

And so after a week and a bit it was time to come back to my beloved Barcelona, woke up at around 6am, got ready, ate something and said goodbye to my cuz, I then walked over to the Travel Interchange to catch the Airport Shuttle, which in Bournemouth runs every hour from 7am to 7pm and it costs 4 pounds for a single journey, ripoff!!

BOH’s new terminal
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/c770385a.jpg

Anyways, once we got to the airport I made my way to departures, BOH has recently opened a new terminal and from the outside it looks really nice, but on the inside some stuff from the old terminal are still visible like the check-in desks, some of the shops and the dreadful check before going thru security, which took a while since there were like 3-4 flights all departing to Spain, it took a good 15 mins to move thru the line and once at the control you had to strip naked, belts, watches, jackets, shoes, everything off.

I passed by without problems and after collecting my belongings I went to the departures area, now I have read about some of the world airports forcing the passengers to go through the Duty free shop before arriving to the gate area (SYD comes to mind) and low and behold, Bournemouth does not escape this trend, so now you have to “Go on and indulge yourself” before jetting off.

Once free of the clutches of consumerism I arrived at the gate area, some nice view of the apron can be had but it’s mostly FR planes, Palmair and the off Thomsonfly jet, there is a WH Smith, an overpriced café and a bar.

Our flight got called to boarding at around 8:00 and in compliance to British Standards and orderly queue was formed, boarding passes checked and again Gestapo gate agents were at hand to check that our cabin baggage complies with the measures imposed by the Fuhrer O’leary.

We were then let out on the apron to walk to our plane, again I headed to the rear of the airplane, a cabin member was on the door to greet PAX and check our boarding pass against a manifest,

Walking to our aircraft.

FR and Palmair.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/4448619c.jpg

Boarding.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/5dddb76f.jpg

I managed to score another window seat on the left hand side and soon a man took the aisle seat, good I thought to myself dreaming of a comfortable flight with the middle seat empty…

Once boarding was completed a girl came around and took the middle seat... it was another jam packed Ryanair flight.

F L I G H T

Doors closed and we pushed back bang on time at 8:45, the crew introduced themselves, told us we will cruise at FL330, and the route will be across the channel, and pretty much across france until hitting Perpignan where we will begin our descent to sunny Girona.

We taxied to RWY 08 and took off on a nice clear morning, we overflew Southampton with its airport clearly visible, we then continued until we hit the coast and crossed over to France, flight was estimated at 1:35 minutes and we should be arriving 10 mins early!

Goodbye UK!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/4e1ebccd.jpg

And hello Continental Europe!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/c5c1f913.jpg

The usual BOB service was offered, then the scratchcards, duty free, some electronic cigarette (?) calling cards and whatever crap they can sell you on the 1:30 flight.

Nice day for flying.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/c88c1bf7.jpg

Soon after, the captain made an announcement that we were near Perpignan and descent will began shortly, also gave us some weather information on Girona, clear skies, sunny and 30c (of course, it’s Spain!)

Slowing down during descent.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/4817169a.jpg

Overflying Girona whilst on Finals.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/00d1b73b.jpg

Seconds before impact.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/392471be.jpg

Strangely, the captain made a smooth landing and used the whole of the runway at GRO to slow down and exit right at the end.

Since we arrived 10 minutes ahead of schedule, we were treated to the wonderful Ryanair On-time fanfare… yes yes… last year 90% of Ryanair flights where on time and they beat every European airline on punctuality… of course operating from crap airports in the middle of nowhere with little or no traffic does help a bit…

Taxing to our parking position
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/e2628be9.jpg

And parked next to a sistership.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/A330Driver/a7f6ae3a.jpg
Bye and thank you, I guess.

After engine shutdown, the usual rush to get off ensued, I used the back door to exit, thanked the crew and made my way to passport control, I was admitted back in Spain in no time and was onboard the bus back to Barcelona In no time.

That’s it, hope you guys had fun reading, please leave a comment/criticism

Thanks.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

OA260

RE: Girona To Bournemouth And Back On Ryanair

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Hey nice report , didnt know BOH had a new terminal , its a shame if they have cut back and left old things inside, kind of spoils the look. Did you get anymore pics inside the terminal? Would be interested to see.

OA260

MIAspotter
Topic Author

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Quoting oa260 (Reply 1):

Philip, thank you! glad you liked it.

Yes BOH opened the new terminal in July this year, I mean it is much better than the previous one, more airy and spacious.

I wanted to snap a few pics from the inside, but had no time, boarding was called and had to rush, but it's the usual exposed metal, exposed air conditioned ducts look from nowadays  maybe next time I pop over I'll take a few pics. (that will mean I have to fly FR again... nooooooo)

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

akhmad

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:02 am

Hi Christian,

Nice report. I think there are not many reports of Girona-Bournemouth flight around yet. Thanks for the insight review of this particular FR flight.

Quoting MIAspotter (Thread starter):
I saw a whole empty row just ahead of me, a mom and her daughter behind me seemed to have the same idea as me but I was first, they muttered something in English and the girl looked at me with evil eyes as they have to settle for an aisle and middle seat a few rows ahead

Life can be hard sometimes. But as you did rightly, Priority Boarding can make it a bit easier.

Interesting to find an Air Asia
advert on the FR magazine… perhaps a sign of future codeshare

I should have flicked through Air Asia in-flight magazine to see whether there was any FR advertisement in it.

I hope you will find another job soon.

Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers,
Suryo
There is no deity except You. Exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers.

MIAspotter
Topic Author

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:00 am

Quoting akhmad (Reply 3):
Nice report. I think there are not many reports of Girona-Bournemouth flight around yet. Thanks for the insight review of this particular FR flight.

Thanks Suryo! I guess GRO-BOH is not a very high-demand destination amongst us A.netters 
Life can be hard sometimes. But as you did rightly, Priority Boarding can make it a bit easier.

Exactly, I do not purchase Priority Boarding, I always try to check in as early as possible to have a lower sequence number, which I must say its totally ignored during boarding.

I should have flicked through Air Asia in-flight magazine to see whether there was any FR advertisement in it.

LOL that will be weird, not sure if FR is willing to pay for advertisement.

I hope you will find another job soon.

Thanks, I hope so too.

Thanks again for sharing.

You are welcomed.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

rogerbcn

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:59 am

Hola MIAspotter!

Glad to have another of your TRs.

making it rather difficult to find a job if your contract expired during this month… like it happened to me…

Sorry about that, I hope you find another job soon.

The trip covers an interesting route.

I have flown some times out of GRO, but never in the summer season and the place must be packed. I was in PMI yesterday to meet Markus, aka. in a.net as Flieger67, and the airport was packed; so I guess GRo is just about the small version of PMI. It is a rather nice airport but the trip there from BCN prevents me from using it more often, BCN is just about 15 min. drive from home.

I imagine you got some cooler weather in BOH, meanwhile welcome back to the last heat of the summer... as fall is showing its first signs this Monday.

Salut!

Roger
"At reise er at leve" H.C. Andersen (Traveling is Living)

RyanairGuru

Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:34 am

Hi,

Just a question: I see that the Catalan for 'have a good flight' is the same as French. Are the languages very similar???

Sorry! and thanks for the trip report!
Worked Hard, Flew Right

rogerbcn

Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:52 am

Hola!

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 6):
I see that the Catalan for 'have a good flight' is the same as French. Are the languages very similar???

Let me get to this linguistic question, it is just a natural thing when you graduate on languages  

Catalan, French, Spanish, Italian.... are all Latin languages so they have pretty similiar structures and a quite common vocabulary background.

eg.

Bon vol -Catalan
Bon vol -French
Buen vuelo -Spanish
Buon vuolo -Italian
Bom vôo -Potuguese

Obviously due to a very close geographical proximity Catalan and French are more similar than, let's say, Catalan and Romanian.
Nevertheless, Catalan has a lot of Spanish influence as well, basically on vocabulary; although phonetically is musch more similiar to French than Spanish.

I hope this answers your question.
"At reise er at leve" H.C. Andersen (Traveling is Living)

MIAspotter
Topic Author

Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Quoting rogerbcn (Reply 5):
Hola MIAspotter!

Hola Roger!!

Glad to have another of your TRs.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

I have flown some times out of GRO, but never in the summer season and the place must be packed. I was in PMI yesterday to meet Markus, aka. in a.net as Flieger67, and the airport was packed; so I guess GRo is just about the small version of PMI. It is a rather nice airport but the trip there from BCN prevents me from using it more often, BCN is just about 15 min. drive from home.

Indeed GRO can get quite crowded, I guess the continuous flow of FR flights keep the airport running smoothly without having "waves" of flights.

The trip from Barcelona to Girona is indeed quite annoying, I am not sure if it takes the same time for me to get from my home in Sant Marti to BCN than to GRO, taking metro, then connecting to RENFE, then the shuttle to T1 adds a lot of time and hassle as well.

I imagine you got some cooler weather in BOH, meanwhile welcome back to the last heat of the summer... as fall is showing its first signs this Monday.

Indeed, it was a welcome break from the heat, we can feel that the summer now is slowly fading away, I was out last night and could feel the night a bit cooler than in summer.

MIAspotter
Nos vamos de Vueling?

kimberlyRJ

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

during landing, in typical Ryanair style the PF smashed the plane on the runway hard, then reverse thrust and heavy braking

A friend who works at BOH on the ground service team said FR aircraft always land using massive amounts of reverse thrust no matter what day or night it is nor if the aircraft is being used again straight away – seems odd when then other Boeing 737-800’s from other airlines don’t do this at BOH.

I have never flown FR but I have landed/taken off at BOH on many B738’s (largest aircraft B742 smallest aircraft ATP) and most of the time it’s smooth – however I would say as a PAX (and have heard from many pilots) that BOH has a unforgiving runway if a mistake is made.

once we got to the airport I made my way to departures, BOH has recently opened a new terminal and from the outside it looks really nice, but on the inside some stuff from the old terminal are still visible like the check-in desks, some of the shops and the dreadful check before going thru security,

I have used the new Bournemouth terminal a few times now as a PAX and I love it, much better than the old one and while around 15% of the new terminal is indeed the remains of the old one (I dated someone from the company who designed the new terminal and made many other changes to the airport - we talked loads about the new terminal and other changes made – and not made at BOH). It’s funny to think that inside the new terminal it covers some of the old terminal and there is also some space which is just not used infact part of the old terminal stands covered but nothing is attched to it's walls (so its a building in its own right totally enclosed by the new terminal). MAG have said all areas of the terminal have had a revamp but I agree there are a few spots which need updating still!

I always asked why they had not added jet ways MAG (Manchester Airport Group) who owns it were doing it on the cheap (like everything they do) and RyanAir & TUi did not push for the feature.

Ryan Air said that unless MAG upgraded the runway lighting at BOH they were not going to position any aircraft at the airport, what was weird is that RyanAir told MAG that they were not that interested in the ILS system upgrades at BOH and just pushed for better runway lighting – do Ryan Air’s aircraft have working ILS systems? Lol

FR have said they are cancelling all services from BOH for three months (maybe two) this winter and what surprised me is people only seem worried about keeping TUi – is this a trend of people not liking FR anymore?

MIAspotter, I love your report it really made me smile and laugh! I think I am right for never having nor wanting to fly FR and their reduction this winter in services I see as a good thing, if this helps TUi grow at my small (local) airport I’m all for that! I hope you enjoyed your time in Bournemouth/Poole – I live in Canford Cliffs (near Sandbanks) and I’m sure if you have ever been there you know our beaches kick a**.

Can’t wait for your next report

Kimberly

[Edited 2010-09-05 09:07:21]

MIAspotter
Topic Author

Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Quoting kimberlyrj (Reply 9):

Hi Kimberlyrj! thanks for the insight on BOH, Didn't know you were a "local" 
A friend who works at BOH on the ground service team said FR aircraft always land using massive amounts of reverse thrust no matter what day or night it is nor if the aircraft is being used again straight away – seems odd when then other Boeing 737-800’s from other airlines don’t do this at BOH.

I know, I have flown on Thomsonfly's 737s a few times in and out of BOH and never experience heavy reverse thrust.

however I would say as a PAX (and have heard from many pilots) that BOH has a unforgiving runway if a mistake is made.

Yup there isn't a lot of space at Runway's ends.

I have used the new Bournemouth terminal a few times now as a PAX and I love it, much better than the old one and while around 15% of the new terminal is indeed the remains of the old one (I dated someone from the company who designed the new terminal and made many other changes to the airport - we talked loads about the new terminal and other changes made – and not made at BOH). It’s funny to think that inside the new terminal it covers some of the old terminal and there is also some space which is just not used infact part of the old terminal stands covered but nothing is attched to it's walls (so its a building in its own right totally enclosed by the new terminal). MAG have said all areas of the terminal have had a revamp but I agree there are a few spots which need updating still!

Interesting...

I agree, the new terminal is much much nicer than the previous portacabins and the silly labyrinth, but like you said MAG did it on the cheap and the new terminal does look a bit el-cheapo.

I heard about FR stopping services for 3 months, let's see if they will be missed... hopefully Thomsonfly can start a direct BOH-BCN flight 
MIAspotter, I love your report it really made me smile and laugh! I think I am right for never having nor wanting to fly FR and their reduction this winter in services I see as a good thing, if this helps TUi grow at my small (local) airport I’m all for that! I hope you enjoyed your time in Bournemouth/Poole – I live in Canford Cliffs (near Sandbanks) and I’m sure if you have ever been there you know our beaches kick a**.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it, I did had a nice time in the area (the weather helped a lot too) and I am slightly familiar with Canford Cliffs, BOH beaches are really nice too.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

odafz

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 4):
OL that will be weird, not sure if FR is willing to pay for advertisement.

Working for the written media for a long time , I can assure you that neither FR nor Air Asia had to disburse a single dime for their advertisement. It is called an exchange of advertisement.

I enjoyed your perverted and cynical sense of humor which made your trip report a very enjoyable experience and BTW, the blue and yellow colors of the color made me a little nauseous...they must hire some gay interior designers to give a festive and gayer look
Thanks for sharing
Kristian

MIAspotter
Topic Author

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Quoting ODAFZ (Reply 11):
I can assure you that neither FR nor Air Asia had to disburse a single dime for their advertisement. It is called an exchange of advertisement.

Interesting.

Quoting ODAFZ (Reply 11):
I enjoyed your perverted and cynical sense of humor which made your trip report a very enjoyable experience and BTW, the blue and yellow colors of the color made me a little nauseous...they must hire some gay interior designers to give a festive and gayer look
Thanks for sharing

Thanks, glad you liked it, I do have a very cynical sense of humor (specially when flying FR) but not sure if I over-do it sometimes.

I agree about the cabins, I actually preferred their old style with cloth seats and normal standard cabin panelling, at least they have done away with the advertisements on the overhead bins, those where truly cheap and really made it look as if you were on a bus, or a metro but not on an airplane.

I have another flight coming up next week, GRO-RAK on FR (hopefully for the last time) and back to BCN on Vueling, it could be a nice comparison between an Airline and Ryanair...

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

Luftfahrer

Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:43 am

Interesting read, I'm still wary of flying Ryanair, no matter how cheap their tickets are.

difficult to find a job if your contract expired during this month… like it happened to me…

Sorry to hear, hope you can find a new one ASAP.

No belt, no shoes, no nothing policy is not applied in Spain

I hate that policy, especially since I tend to forget to take something off everytime before going thru the metal detector.

in a language full of “Fuck” “Fucking” and “Shit”
B.O and it was enhanced with the foul odour of “I’ve had a few at the bar”…
they muttered something in English and the girl looked at me with evil eyes

OMG! People of Ryanair or just a coincidence? Must say I've never had anyone like that on a flight or even worse, sitting next to me.

I was admitted back in Spain in no time

Just gotta love the EU sometimes!
'He resembled a pilot, which to a seaman is trustworthiness personified.' Joseph Conrad

MIAspotter
Topic Author

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:05 am

Quoting Luftfahrer (Reply 13):
Interesting read, I'm still wary of flying Ryanair, no matter how cheap their tickets are.

Thanks, and you are not missing anything by not flying FR.

Sorry to hear, hope you can find a new one ASAP.

Thanks bro, I am already on it.

I hate that policy, especially since I tend to forget to take something off everytime before going thru the metal detector.

Me too, but at least in Spain is a bit more relaxed.

OMG! People of Ryanair or just a coincidence? Must say I've never had anyone like that on a flight or even worse, sitting next to me.

Probably coincidence, but you do get a lot of these types on FR flights.

Just gotta love the EU sometimes!

Yup, being a EU Citizen is great and I love entering countries without having to need visas or do immigration queues.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

aerdingus

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:35 am

making it rather difficult to find a job if your contract expired during this month… like it happened to me…

Pain in the arse...hope you find something soon.

Global Express to BBJ.
“Hey Kaz, Ain’t that your 738 cousin who didn’t went to Harvard, and moved to Ireland to work for some cheap airline?”

BBJ.
“Yes” And there’s his twin brother arriving as well, maybe if I put my cockpit window shades on they will not recognize me”

That's hilarious! 
FR and Palmair.

Interesting, I thought Palmair were gone.

Some nice wing view pics Christian.

Thanks for writing it!

Aoife.
A306 A313 A319 A320 A321 A333 A346 A359 ATR42 ATR72 B734 B737 B738 B744 B772 B789 C152 MD80 RJ85 S340

MIAspotter
Topic Author

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:51 am

Quoting aerdingus (Reply 15):
Pain in the arse...hope you find something soon.

I know, I am going mental here looking for a job, hopefully something at the airport 
Interesting, I thought Palmair were gone.

I know, but they are still kickin'

Thanks for writing it!

You are welcomed, thanks for reading it 

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?