Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Yirina77
Topic Author

Siberia Is Green. PKC-VVO-OVB-PRG With S7

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:47 pm

After overnight stay in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky we continued our journey throughout Siberia.
We headed to Novosibirsk, with stop in Vladivostok. First segment PKC-OVB lasted about 4 hours. We got hot meal, with selection fish or chicken. I had a fish. Meal is served in very nicely designed paper box.

I took some picture in cabin, when cabin crew noticed this and came to me. She said, it´s not allowed to take pictures during the flight. I was surprised, so I´ve asked her (very politely), why. She replied, it´s due to security reasons. I told her, I´m working for an airlines too and I know, taking pictures from security reasons is forbidden only during take off and landing and in my airline, we allow passengers to take pictures on board as they wish. She thought for a moment and answered, that so it´s because there are secret things in the airplane. I had to laugh and asked her, which secret things. She didn´t know what to reply, so she closed this discuss, that they were told to say this to passengers, so they do. If is reading this somebody from S7, I´d really like to know, why they instruct crew to this nonsenses.

I like corporate design of S7, it´s so fresh and modern and very unusual for Russian airline. I was surprised, they keep corporate colours in toilets too…

Approaching to Vladivostok.

After 4 hours of flight we landed in Vladivostok, for one hour stopover. All passengers deplaned and were transferred to departure hall. We saw some rare Russian planes, Tupolevs 154 and Yaks.

After one hour we continued to Novosibirsk. Airplane was completely full now. We got another meal.

Second segment took more than 6 hours. When we left plane in Novosibirsk, I felt tired and destructed.

Nice, new and clean domestic terminal in Novosibirsk.

Bosco sport shop at the airport. This is famous brand in Russia, they are wearing Russian Olympic team. I like this design so much, unfortunately at this moment available only in Russia.

We arrived before midnight, so we stayed first night in the hotel at the airport. We paid 4000 RUB and asked lady in reception, if there is wi-fi internet. She said yes, of course and gave us paper with instructions, how to connect. It was only in Russian language. Well, I´m able to read and speak Russian little bit, but I don´t have Russian Cyrillic alphabet in my phone, which was needed for typing login and password. She was so surprised by this fact. I wonder if we were first foreigners guests in their international hotel facing this problem?

After 10 or more hours of sleep, we woke up and went by walk (about 100 metres) to the airport terminal for breakfast.

We stopped at counter of S7 to make listing of our tickets for next flight to Prague in next days. All staff was very nice and lovely, although our type of tickets they saw probably for the first time.

Than we moved to another hotel, closer to city, called Garden apple (booked thru Booking.com).

Room was nice and clean, hotel staff very friendly and helpful.

We went for a walk around the city.

When we came back, we ordered dinner from hotel menu. Food was excellent.

I couldn´t resist to bliny with salmon.

Next morning we received breakfast.

Program for this day was clear. Metro and main train station.

Old Russian man in subway and advertisement for new Iphone behind. Generations are meeting.

Main railway station in Novosibirsk. One of the stops Transiberia express.

Some people are living on the platform.

Views like this hurt my heart.

Pollution was worst than in Tehran.

I love Russian pop music, I listen Rusradio thru internet for a years. I like Valeriya, Diskoteka Avaryia, Dima Bilan, A-studio, Vera Brezneva and many more, so I enjoyed Russian music channel a lot. But in this case I had a big problem to keep eyes on the face of this moderator instead of watching at other parts of her body…

We had to buy cigarettes. Price of one pack in Russia is about 33 RUB, so it´s about 1,10 USD!

Yirina77
Topic Author

RE: Siberia Is Green. PKC-VVO-OVB-PRG With S7

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Next morning we ate our last breakfast and transferred by taxi to airport, for our flight home – to Prague.

International departures:

Check-in for flight to Prague. This flight is operated only once in a week.

Some interesting planes we could see on the apron:

Green box is back! Breakfast.

Cabin of A320. Where are the times of Tu154 at S7

Snack before landing in Prague. This flight least almost 7 hours.

Secret things in S7?

This was my second trip to Russia (after visit of MAKC aishow in Moscow in 2009). I´m concerned by Russia, Russian people, their culture and country. I find them very heart and friendly, especially when they notice, you speak Russian (although poorly). They rather speak slowly and clearly to let you understand them, then to speak English (and in Siberia not many of them spoke English). So, speak a little Russian is only the way, how you can get closer to them.
I hope, it was not my last trip to this country, where today is tomorrow (some slogan from communist era).

I´d like to dedicate this trip report to my friends Sam Chui and Ronerone, with whom I recently met after virtual knowing for a years and both became great inspiration for my life. I admire their enthusiasm for aviation and life enjoying. Some people are born for it to inspire others and these two are they.

[Edited 2011-08-26 12:18:01]

ba319-131

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Interesting read and pix, thanks for sharing.

Quoting Yirina77 (Thread starter):
fish or chicken. I had a fish. Meal is served in very nicely designed paper box

- That's fish? - looks nothing like it!

I took some picture in cabin, when cabin crew noticed this and came to me. She said, it´s not allowed to take pictures during the flight. I was surprised, so I´ve asked her (very politely), why. She replied, it´s due to security reasons. I told her, I´m working for an airlines too and I know, taking pictures from security reasons is forbidden only during take off and landing and in my airline, we allow passengers to take pictures on board as they wish. She thought for a moment and answered, that so it´s because there are secret things in the airplane. I had to laugh and asked her, which secret things. She didn´t know what to reply, so she closed this discuss, that they were told to say this to passengers

- How interesting, love your conversation with her.

If is reading this somebody from S7, I´d really like to know, why they instruct crew to this nonsenses.

- Count me in too!

I like corporate design of S7, it´s so fresh and modern and very unusual for Russian airline. I was surprised, they keep corporate colours in toilets too…

- Yikes, the green in the toilet is just too much!

We got another mea

- What is that, more fish?

I had a big problem to keep eyes on the face of this moderator instead of watching at other parts of her body…

- Ha, I'm with you  

Cheers

Mark
111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220

seemyseems

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Great Trip Report! I've always wanted to visit Russia and I keep reading trip reports on Russia!!

She didn´t know what to reply, so she closed this discuss, that they were told to say this to passengers, so they do. If is reading this somebody from S7, I´d really like to know, why they instruct crew to this nonsenses.

That is interesting, odd how the crew couldn't give a clear reply
seemyseems in ATL

Yirina77
Topic Author

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi Mark,

Quoting ba319-131 (Reply 2):
- That's fish? - looks nothing like it!

It´s a salmon  

luv2fly

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:11 am

What a real enjoyable read....
You can cut the irony with a knife

mdavies06

Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:53 am

Hi,

What is Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky like? Is there any tourist attactions in this city?

I have always wanted to visit Novosibirsk. Thanks for the photos of this city plus photos of your flights on S7. They are pretty rare on a.net.

Steve

Yirina77
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:43 am

Hi Steve,

Quoting mdavies06 (Reply 6):
What is Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky like? Is there any tourist attactions in this city?

It´s very industrial city. There are some tourists, which are coming for tours on volcanos, nature and bear hunting around and they oversleep in Petropavlovsk before they go to the mountains. But there is nothing interesting what could attract them to stay longer in town. According Wikipedia, population in 2002 was 198 000, in 2010 only 179 500. City is connected to rest of the world only by air and sea, no railway or roads on the ground, due to mountains around.

Yirina

N178UA

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:58 am

Quoting Yirina77 (Reply 1):
I´d like to dedicate this trip report to my friends Sam Chui and Ronerone, with whom I recently met after virtual knowing for a years and both became great inspiration for my life. I admire their enthusiasm for aviation and life enjoying. Some people are born for it to inspire others and these two are they.

I am delighted to read this TR and what an honour to have you dedicate this TR to us.

I took some picture in cabin, when cabin crew noticed this and came to me. She said, it´s not allowed to take pictures during the flight. I was surprised, so I´ve asked her (very politely), why. She replied, it´s due to security reasons. I told her, I´m working for an airlines too and I know, taking pictures from security reasons is forbidden only during take off and landing and in my airline, we allow passengers to take pictures on board as they wish. She thought for a moment and answered, that so it´s because there are secret things in the airplane. I had to laugh and asked her, which secret things. She didn´t know what to reply, so she closed this discuss, that they were told to say this to passengers, so they do. If is reading this somebody from S7, I´d really like to know, why they instruct crew to this nonsenses.

This is a typical mentality from the cold war era even Iran is a bit more relaxed nowadays in cabin photos due to the large amount of enthuasists. I think speaking some Russian may ease the stiffness of the crew at situation like this.

I like the Russian Chocolate. So bitter and sweet! Meals on S7 seems have maintained portion and quality.

But in this case I had a big problem to keep eyes on the face of this moderator instead of watching at other parts of her body…

Who doesn't  

We hope to see your Indian Ocean First Class Trip Report online next month!  

For Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (PKC) . There is an excellent Helicopter trip (very expensive too) to give an excellent view of many active volcano peaks in the region. I did this tour but never posted a TR. The equipment used is a large Mil8.

See this TR.
Kamchatskie Avialinii Mi-8 To Geyser Valley (by speedygonzales Nov 1 2010 in Trip Reports)

Byeee

Sam
For more of myself and my flight reviews visit http://www.SamChui.com

Yirina77
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:17 am

Quoting N178UA (Reply 8):
I am delighted to read this TR and what an honour to have you dedicate this TR to us

Hi Sam, my pleasue!

This is a typical mentality from the cold war era even Iran is a bit more relaxed nowadays in cabin photos due to the large amount of enthuasists. I think speaking some Russian may ease the stiffness of the crew at situation like this.

I wouldn´ t be surprised by this in Aeroflot, but S7 is building an image of new and fresh airline on Russian circumstances, so I didn´t expect it there...

We hope to see your Indian Ocean First Class Trip Report online next month!

I hope so!

Burj

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:38 am

Wow! I'm really starting to love your trip reports and your great photos...you look like you are having so much fun and such cool destinations!

So bunch of questions...

You have Czech citizenship, right? So how hard or easy is it to get a visa for Russia?

That green lav is a little disturbing! You have to wonder if the manufacturer of the toilet was like "Green? Are you kidding me? How the heck do we make GREEN plastic to use for these toilets?! Can't they just pick grey or off-white like 99% of the rest of the world?!"

The meals look quite nice, and again I am amazed that people get fed on airlines as in the U.S. you can flight from the middle of the 48 states to Hawaii and get nothing but peanuts since it is "domestic"

So did it all come in the box? If so was it all cold? Or did the box just have the sides and desserts and they gave you the hot portion separately?

As for the FA and the "secrets" of the airline...that is too funny! We get that a lot here in the U.S.... sometimes they just LIE and say "It is against FAA regulations" even though it isn't...They should just be honest and say "It is against the airlines policy" however it IS NOT and most of the time it is the FA just being over protective/paranoid.

So when you re-entered the Czech republic did they give you a hard time about all the cigarettes?

Yirina77
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:33 am

Hi Burj, so:

Quoting burj (Reply 10):
You have Czech citizenship, right? So how hard or easy is it to get a visa for Russia?

It´s very easy, if you pay enough, everything is possible. There is a lot of travel agencies in Czech Republic, who do this business with visa to Russia or ex-soviet countries. I paid for Russian visa about 140 USD. Few years ago I have been in Kazakhstan and I paid for their visa about 250 USD. They arrange everything, you don´t need any official invitation or other documents. Just give them your passport, picture, filled application and in one week you have your passport back with very expensive sticker inside 
Quoting burj (Reply 10):
So did it all come in the box? If so was it all cold? Or did the box just have the sides and desserts and they gave you the hot portion separately?

All meals (except last snack before landing in Prague) were hot. I love their mealbox, it was created by Russian famous design studio Artlebedev, you can see it and other parts here: http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/s7/lunchbox/
They also created poster for S7, which I adore! Translation of Russian text on picture is: We like green more!

http://yirina.sweb.cz/s7poster.jpg

Hot part of meals was served separately.

Quoting burj (Reply 10):
So when you re-entered the Czech republic did they give you a hard time about all the cigarettes?

Haha, I use to work at the airport for more than 10 years, so people on customs know my face and never check my luggage. Even they would do, they find anything. I smoke ultra slims cigarettes and their package is so small, so I had them unpacked in my handbag 

ronerone

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:19 am

Yirina,

I am very happy to see you contributing to this forum and sharing with us your fascinating experiences, this time on S7! This is something we do not get to see more of around here, and i was watching and reading with great interest, especially that S7 is now Oneworld proper  
We got hot meal, with selection fish or chicken. I had a fish. Meal is served in very nicely designed paper box.

As Mark had mentioned, it does not look like Fish at all! Looks like a South Asian dish actually  

Just when i thought i'd heard all the reasons they give out for not taking pictures! This has got to me the most unique one!  

I also like their corporate brand, but not sure if it goes well in the lavatory  
We stopped at counter of S7 to make listing of our tickets for next flight to Prague in next days. All staff was very nice and lovely, although our type of tickets they saw probably for the first time.

what a nice looking counter  
But in this case I had a big problem to keep eyes on the face of this moderator instead of watching at other parts of her body…

After all, Russian girls are beautiful  
Green box is back! Breakfast.

Pasta for breakfast?

Thank you for your kind words Yirina. I am glad we could inspire you, and hope this continues for long  

Once again, fantastic report, thanks for sharing this with us! It seems the theme on the forum lately is Russia and her aircraft! And it is getting me in a mood to explore Russia  

Cheers,
Roni
Fly Roni. Aviation Journeys. Photos. Videos.

Amir

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi,

Thanks for this unique trip Report!

S7 flight OVB PRG is it nonstop? you mentioned the travel time almost 7 hours, rather unusual for A 320, Did/do they have any weight restrictions?

Regards
Amir

gabrielchew

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Looks like quite an adventure travelling around the Russian Far East. Your hassles in taking photos just show that there is no reason at all for a ban on photography - staff just forward on the rules given to them, even though there is no substance behind them.

I couldn´t resist to bliny with salmon.

mmmm, looks tasty!

International departures:

There are a lot more international flights from OVB than I imagined there would be.
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: AMS-RIX-BUD-VDA,ETH-TLV-FCO-LHR,STN-TXL-LCY,LTN-CPH-LTN,LGW-SZG,MUC-LHR

Viper911

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Hey Yirina, thanks for another great TR, i flew S7 about a month ago, and had a nice time with them.

I took some picture in cabin, when cabin crew noticed this and came to me. She said, it´s not allowed to take pictures during the flight.

That's weird, none of the FAs on my flight told me so, i took my camera made a few shots and didn't have any problems with the crew. Thing is, and that's in Russia generally, it all depends to whom you are talking, some people are more strict and follow guidelines some don't. While boarding through stairs in CEK i was able to take pictures freely without being questioned by the security. Although i still find it weird that different authorities be it on the railways or airports still ban or forbid photography, it's not like there's secrets around it, i guess it the small remains of the soviet mentality, and being a Russian, and hearing from tourists who came to see and enjoy the country that some FA or some security agent told them that photography is forbidden, it makes me feel a bit bad and ashamed that my country or whatever authorities inside it still impose that rule.

Than we moved to another hotel, closer to city, called Garden apple (booked thru Booking.com).

May i ask how much all those meals and the room cost? i got an apartment in CEK, so i never use hotels in Russia, but i'd love to know how much this fancy hotel (by Russian standards) is charging.

Some interesting planes we could see on the apron:

UR-DAF at the apron, i get to work with that beauty practically every day at TLV, probably it flew straight to OVB after arriving to Kiev from the TLV morning flight.

Viper911

abrelosojos

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 pm

What an incredible trip report! Thank you so much for sharing and taking us on the journey with you. It really has been the season of discovering Russia on A.Net it seems - let me see what I can contribute to that  .

I loved your writing style and pictures and cannot wait to see more.

S7 seems to have kept its standards up, and the meal service looks rather good.

Thanks for sharing.

Saludos,
A.

PS: I don't know about that green toilet though. Wonder if FCL has them too!

= Hahahahahaha  . BTW, what airline do you work for? If I may ask.
Live, and let live.

Yirina77
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Quoting ronerone (Reply 12):
Once again, fantastic report, thanks for sharing this with us! It seems the theme on the forum lately is Russia and her aircraft! And it is getting me in a mood to explore Russia

Hi Roni, thanks for your comment and I´m sure, Russia will get on list of your visited countries soon!

Quoting Amir (Reply 13):
S7 flight OVB PRG is it nonstop? you mentioned the travel time almost 7 hours, rather unusual for A 320, Did/do they have any weight restrictions?

According timetable this flight is exactly 6:40 and I have no idea about weight restrictions.

Quoting Viper911 (Reply 15):
May i ask how much all those meals and the room cost? i got an apartment in CEK, so i never use hotels in Russia, but i'd love to know how much this fancy hotel (by Russian standards) is charging.

Prices in the hotel were standard as in Europe, as I remember main meal costs was about 10-15 USD. Bliny with salmon were for 290 RUB (I remember this exactly). How is living in CEK?

Quoting abrelosojos (Reply 16):
BTW, what airline do you work for? If I may ask.

Emirates.

RussianGirl

Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi Yirina!!
Great and interesting TR!! It's a pleausure to read about Russia and Russian aircompanies!! I never have flown with S7, so thank you for a small excursion!  
I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip to Russia and wish you more pleasant trips to my country and not only!  

Anastasya

The777Man

Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi !

Nice report with very nice pictures!

What aircraft did you fly PKC-OVB ? Nice to get meals although the food looks a bit different....

Thanks for a nice report on cities and airline not covered very much here.

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

MSS658

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi

Nice trip report, Quite bizar that you're not allowed to make pics inflight.
It was interesting to see the non-aviation pics.

Greetings
Marc
Next trip report: Well worn A330s and Hassle free MUC transfer

lhr380

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Great trip report. S7 has been a very interesting carrier, and now they are part of Oneworld, I have been wanting to give them a go, even more so because of your report. Someday I shall. Loved the pics (Even the ones of secret things on board) Never heard that excuse before  

Anyone know whos 757 that is in the pics?

Thanks again

Dan
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

Yirina77
Topic Author

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:26 pm

Quoting RussianGirl (Reply 18):
I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip to Russia and wish you more pleasant trips to my country and not only!

Hi Anastasya, thank you for your commets, it´s always nice to see some ladies on this forum, specialy from one of my favourite country!

Quoting The777Man (Reply 19):
What aircraft did you fly PKC-OVB ? Nice to get meals although the food looks a bit different....

All segments with S7 I flew with A320.

CairnterriAIR

Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 am

Very interesting trip report from a not often seen destination. Looks like a nice city...parks and shops...with the usual problems seen in any given big city (polution, traffic, homelessness). I like the hotel you stayed in...very neat simplistic- modern decor in your room. The train station shots are neat...all the colorful trains...airport pictures from the tarmac are neat as well. Love that red Airbus...great color scheme. S7 seems green....so very green....even the toilets. But I do hear they are a very good airline. Thanks for sharing your pictures...I enjoyed this report.

abrelosojos

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:52 am

Quoting Yirina77 (Reply 17):
uoting abrelosojos (Reply 16):
BTW, what airline do you work for? If I may ask.

Emirates.

= Cool. I better see you or EK_SQ_FREAK on one of my flights soon  .

Saludos,
A.
Live, and let live.

Aleksandar

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:28 am

Well...first I saw all those wonderful pics on your Facebook page, so I had an idea what treat is waiting for all of us here. What to say, but, great stuff!

We had to buy cigarettes. Price of one pack in Russia is about 33 RUB, so it´s about 1,10 USD!

It is even cheaper than in Serbia!

As I said many times, in 11 years here, I met so many great people and you are among them, Yirina. Your TRs are so inspirational for many here.

Quoting Amir (Reply 13):

How are you, my friend?
Good point. Those flights are quite long.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Viper911

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Quoting Yirina77 (Reply 17):
How is living in CEK?

Well i like but after living long time in Israel, coming back to Russia was a big cultural change, but since then i returned back to Israel  
You should try to visit some tourist destinations in Russia's far east, Siberia, Kamchatka peninsula are only a few scenic places you can visit.

Viper911

airbuseric

Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi Yirina,

great report and pics. It gives a good insight on the current S7 operations!

Well, AF A320's are sometimes in blue, so S7 with green matches nicely indeed  
Second segment took more than 6 hours. When we left plane in Novosibirsk
This flight least almost 7 hours.

2 very long sectors for A320's afaik

Travelling sublo on ZED tix? That was quite a risk then on just 1 weekly flight back to PRG.

Meals on this airline look very good, definitely above 'average' or what we're used to in Europe.

Regards
Eric
"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"

Yirina77
Topic Author

Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Quoting airbuseric (Reply 27):
Travelling sublo on ZED tix? That was quite a risk then on just 1 weekly flight back to PRG.

You are right. And there is no S7 office in Prague, so we had any idea about loads before leaving Prague. But sometimes you must risk little bit 

777MAS

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:48 am

Hi again Yirina.
Oh, those photos show a place that's so exotic, although fast modernizing (e.g. modern airport at Novosibirsk), they still retain a certain Soviet era charm about them! And also eye-opening - so many signs of capitalism now that the Soviet era has ended for 2 decades. Back then, who would have thought a face like Mikhail Prokorov (I assume he's some local politician) would appear on a billboard - those were reserved for Lenin, Marx and Co.!

But it's sad to know that at the pace they are modernizing, the great Soviet birds of their era, the IL86, IL96, Tu204, Tu154 IL62 etc will soon become rare indeed.

Re your "discussion" with them on taking photos: I've read somewhere that during the Soviet era, Aeroflot's flight attendants SLAP passengers for "undesirable" behaviour. Are you or anyone else able to confirm that? If "Yes", then could such a "discussion", if it had taken place during the Soviet era, resulted in such infamous treatment?!

Quoting lhr380 (Reply 21):

Or was that a Tu204? But wait, no wingtips.... that's what I mean, hopefully the Ilyushins, the Tupolevs, the Antonovs, etc. will not disappear completely.

Yirina77
Topic Author

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Quoting 777MAS (Reply 29):

The 757 is I-Fly, registration EI-DUA.

Quoting 777MAS (Reply 29):
Re your "discussion" with them on taking photos: I've read somewhere that during the Soviet era, Aeroflot's flight attendants SLAP passengers for "undesirable" behaviour. Are you or anyone else able to confirm that? If "Yes", then could such a "discussion", if it had taken place during the Soviet era, resulted in such infamous treatment?!

Haha, I can not confirm this, but I´m so young to remember this, if it really happened..