Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

eg777er
Topic Author

London To Hong Kong, British Airways A380, First

Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:40 pm

Hello all,

My latest video trip report - London to Hong Kong on the new British Airways A380, in First - is now available at http://youtu.be/yRuVYkA8i1o

The report covers travel to Heathrow, the Concorde Room, lunch in the CCR (including the Concorde Roast which is a good new addition to the menu and a vast improvement on what went before), boarding (chaos), departure, the cabin and seat, onboard service including the new tasting menu and arrival into Hong Kong.

Overall I’d say the aircraft is a distinct step up from what we have now from BA, and is very good in some areas. It’s smooth and quiet, the IFE is excellent, the personal wardrobe (which can fit a full size cabin trolley, laptop bag, shoes and all your clothes) is a superb feature. However, the seat is no wider than normal F, I am in two minds about the tasting menu and the crew were pretty variable on both sectors (although, this could be teething problems). The aircraft is of course extremely quiet which is good if you’re wanting to sleep (no need for noise cancelling headphones) and er, bad, if you’re wanting to sleep (you can hear everything: galley chatter / clatter, snoring, loo flushing, wardrobes slamming, coughing…)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the report and I look forward to reading your comments.

Thanks

eg777er

eccc

RE: London To Hong Kong, British Airways A380, First

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi - thanks for posting. I really enjoyed the video report - I think those are so much better when you can hear the ambient noise - makes it feel more real, if you know what I mean. Pretty envious of your travels!

jwhite9185

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Good video. I've been watching your stuff on YouTube for a while now actually.

BA first seems pretty good, but not a patch on the Asian carriers!

rb211524g

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Thanks for sharing a great trip report! I agree with you on the presentation of the Eggs Florentine didn't look very nice. Looking forward to your next video. Till then I will have to check your other videos out

Regards

Alan

Stretch 8

Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Most excellent video report. Not sure if I will ever get on the BA380, unless it come to my home airport of IAD. Did you only have two windows at seat 1K? When I last flew in BA Club World on the upper deck of a 744, I had four windows!
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!