dirktraveller
Topic Author

Garuda-Style Domestic : CGK-SUB-CGK GA330/GA327

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:08 pm

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k502/dirktraveller/Garuda2013/IMG_7068cover_zps69bfaaac.jpg

Hello everyone!

Welcome to another trip report of mine. Around two weeks before christmas last year, my family suddenly decided that we could be away from Jakarta during the Christmas break. So, as the man looking looking for possible destinations within the budget for this last-minute getaway, I began to look for airfares to Singapore, which was our initial preference. But flying CGK-SIN during the Christmas week end up cost us a lot, even if we were flying on LCC.

Then, when I was looking at Garuda's website I noticed they have a last-minute sale fares for domestic flights. Sale fares to Surabaya were within our budget, with the only 'catch' being the sale fares only available on the night flights only. Since we have relatives over there, seems we have found our destination to spend during the christmas break.

Since Garuda is being covered quite well in this forum, I was not planning on documenting this flight. But then I changed my mind as there were some interesting changes and things that happened on the flight. So, I hope you would enjoy joining me exploring Garuda-style Domestic from Jakarta to Surabaya.

Outbound flight : Garuda GA330

FLIGHT DETAILS :

Garuda Indonesia, GA 330
Jakarta (CGK) - Surabaya (SUB)
B 737-8U3, PK-GMI
Delivered 19/04/2010, msn 30143

Seat Number 27H
ETD : 2150 (Actual around 2245)
ETA : 2325 (Actual around 2355)

Check-in

I arrived in CGK Domestic Terminal 2F around two hours before the flight. Being a holiday season the airport were extremely crowded. As part of the annual Operation Candlelight mentioned in the local media, security were indeed tightened with armed members of the police and defence forces patrolling the terminal on a frequent basis.

Check-in were crowded, but luckily there's designated Check-in area for frequent flyer members.

Post check-in area with a range of lounges (some can be accessed by paying a certain fee). I decided to look for dinner after check-in, but then I was left disappointed when I went to one of the local restaurant chain and being ignored after waiting for almost an hour.

Some Christmas decoration in the terminal.

Thinking of a visit to the Garuda lounge, but then our membership wouldn't permit us all in this time.

Boarding

After a secondary security screening, I found myself in the gate area.

The gate were again, crowded as we shared our gate with a red-eye milk run flying CGK-DPS-DJJ-TIM.

Our boarding passes, noticed that after the upgrading of their booking system, strangely the Economy Class seating on the Garuda B738 starts from row 26..

Later on there was an announcement that our flight departure was delayed until around 2230hrs. The reason cited for the delay was its late arrival from PLM.

After waiting for around an hour, our flight was finally called for boarding. Despite the sticker posted on the boarding passes, this time they just let anyone flying Economy pass through, right after the J passengers and special assistance group boarded.

Apparently, our flight was parked at the remote stand (getting more commonplace after the airport is overcrowded). But well, not that I'm complaining for through stairs.

After a 10 minutes bus ride passing through other GA B738 and A332, we reached our assigned aircraft that night, 3.5 years old PK-GMI.

Two stairs were connected to the aircraft, and I boarded through the one connected to door L1. The In-flight supervisor and another GA flight-attendant in the green kebaya welcomed us aboard. Apparently he was really observant that I brought my camera in my hands.

" Good evening, Sir, Madam"
" Good evening to you too.."
" Didn't know we would be having a photographer in our flight!"
" Nah, I'm not a photographer, I'm still learning.."

(My mother jumped into the conversation)

" He actually like airplanes more (than photography), which is why he always carried the camera everytime we fly."

Learning that fact, the in-flight supervisor was a bit let down (not because I'm an enthusiast) but that there's not much things can be photographed in while we flew in the dark of night.

" I see, you guys should have taken the afternoon flight, the views outside are better"
" Haha, I've taken the afternoon flight before, and it was nice indeed.."
" Well, I hope you will enjoy the flight, and do let us know if there's anything we can help with."

That was one very great welcome, I was impressed.

Economy Class seating on GA B738. These seats were later occupied by other passengers.

I was seated in the middle, the large IFE box on the middle seat wouldn't make sitting in the middle better!

As the doors were closed, the load were almost full in Y. There were some uniformed officers (assuming they are off duty) in our flight today. J class had a lighter load of less than 50 percent.

One of the pilots welcomed everyone aboard the flight through the PA and apologised for the delay, citing the same reason of late arrival from PLM. We were than off for a pushback, and followed with a short taxi to the runway, while the safety video was played (and ended with a GA signature welcome by the FAs in the aisle).

We took off around an hour behind the estimated departure, and the lights of Jakarta were able to be seen after take-off.

In-flight

View of the cabin on our short-flight

Right after the seatbelt signs were off, there was a PA announcing that a snack service would be commenced soon. Passengers are advised to use the lavatory within this first 15 minutes of the flight so that they would not be blocked by
meal carts on this rather short flight.

Lavatory looks clean and maintained.

Snack boxes containing a bread, custard cake, and a mini cup-water was distributed.

The snack service also come with a choice of drink, which orange juice was my choice.

The in-flight entertainment activated on full-swing, even on this short 1 hour hop.

Headsets for everyone in Economy!

Seat-pocket contents : "Colours" in-flight magazine, "Arcade" duty free guide, safety card, and nice looking Airsickness bag.

Seems the B77W have been included in the "Colours" Magazine fleet list. Looks like a great addition to the fleet.

Or how about a history of GA crew uniforms featured on the same magazine??

And did you know, that GA is building is own regional arm called "Explore"? The fleet of CRJ 1000s and ATR72-600s is set to join the fleet of this subsidiary serving regional parts of Indonesia.

Landing into Surabaya

Not long after the snack service was completed, there was a PA announcing the start of our descent into Surabaya, expecting everyone to prepare for landing.

As short as it was estimated, our rather smooth flight soon coming to an end.

We landed in SUB a little less than five minutes before midnight, which was around 35 minutes behind scheduled arrival time.

Parked beside a Citilink A320, PK-GLG.

After we reached our parking position, passengers began to stand up and prepare for disembarkation. Our turn came soon enough thanks to a light load in J class.

Passengers disembarking the aircraft. We were one of the last few to leave the aircraft.

Somebody is indeed really proud of their achievement, and GA is the first one I've ever seen putting a miniature of their award on their fleet, a unique touch I should say.

As I was making my way towards door L1, the In-flight supervisor asked me if I would like a visit to the flight deck.

" Sir, would you be interested for a visit to the cockpit?"
" Well, sure, if the pilots are fine with it.."
" Of course, I've asked them earlier and they are expecting you."
" Thank you!"

The in-flight supervisor then opened the flight deck door for me, and advised the crew of me coming in.
" Captain, your guest is here.."

I thanked again for the opportunity, and had a good conversation with the crew. The captain had flew different types of aircraft in the fleet since he started flying for Garuda 37 years ago. My flight was the third, and last leg for the day. They
would be flying another three legs on the next day after spending a night's layover in SUB.

The flight deck, with all the instrument lights still remained switched on for a nice picture. Thanks to both flight crew.

Closer look at the instruments of this "Next generation" B737 series.

Thanks very much to the F/O who offered to take a picture of me on his side of the cockpit.

One last picture with the crew before I left the aircraft. Once again I thank them for their time to show me the flight deck, even though its their last flight and it was almost midnight.

SUB Terminal was like a closed shopping centre with all of the shops closed, and with most electrical items like lights and air-conditioning facilities switched off.

Baggage claim area with most bags collected, as we were the last passenger to show up and take our luggage.

FIDS at SUB's Arrival hall, with our flight being the last GA flight to arrive that night.

We found ourselves a taxi and head to the city, where the staff were very friendly on welcoming us to their hometown.

Sparkling Surabaya!

Some pictures throughout my five-days stay in the city of Surabaya. Being one of the largest city in Indonesia, I found it much cleaner and organised compared to other places in the country. Not to mention the locals that are friendly and more than willing to help. Thanks to my uncle, we did spend our time in the city that is dubbed as the "City of Heroes" really well, before returning to Jakarta.

A street in-front of the city's Submarine monument.

How about some of the local street food, anyone?

The Surabaya Town Square

Merry christmas everyone!

Supposedly an old cinema in the heart of the city.

The Surabaya city hall.

A visit to the House of Sampoerna museum, which describes the emerging of one of the largest' cigarette producer in the country, till this day.

One of the 1972 Rolls Royce parked outside the Museum.

A nice view of the city from a roof-top cafe in the city's latest Shopping Centre, Ciputra World.

To be continued : Pictures from return flight, GA 327

dirktraveller
Topic Author

RE: Garuda-Style Domestic : CGK-SUB-CGK GA330/GA327

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Inbound flight: Garuda GA327

FLIGHT DETAILS :

Garuda, GA327
Surabaya (SUB) - Jakarta (CGK)
B 737-8U3, PK-GMM
Delivered 18/05/2010, msn 30145

Seat Number 35J
ETD : 1930 (Actual around 2130)
ETA : 2105 (Actual around 2250)

Upon our arrival at the airport, we were told by the check-in agent that our flight is delayed (again), with estimated departure is 2110hrs. With all the overcrowding in CGK, no prizes for guessing what caused the delay. Other than that it was mainly an uneventful and smooth flight back to Jakarta on GA, I'm sure you won't mind letting all the pictures speak for the flight this time round.

GA Check-in counters at SUB.

The transit area at SUB is getting busy.

The quieter area of the terminal where I waited for my flight.

Interesting christmas decoration in the middle of the terminal.

Our assigned gate 8, which shared its entrance with neighbouring gate 7 began to be crowded with passenger. A secondary security screening took place in each gate before entering the waiting area.

Passengers waiting for their flight at Gate 8.

Our delayed flight was supposed to get the refreshment?! Where's the refreshment?

The good thing about SUB is that they have a functioning free Wireless connection at every gate! Something that other airports in this country should follow  

Sadly not sitting here this time..

But I guess this one would do, seems the cabin itself isn't very neat that night.

No welcome drink for Economy class in domestic flights, but sweets before pushback are very much appreciated.

An children in-flight activity kit for consisting of a mini-chess was given to my brother. Nice touch, GA!

As soon as everyone was aboard, we were on pushback and taxied to the runway. There are no queues for us to use the runway and we were able to take off around 2145hrs.

The Economy Class section aboard PK-GMM.

Halfway to Jakarta.

Snack consisting of a bread, a cake, and a mini-cup of water. My choice of drink this time was a hot tea served in a GA-themed paper cup.

An in-seat message advising passengers to prepare for landing, this was done soon after a PA was made. I noticed that the set of crew do actively use the "in-seat messaging" feature throughout the flight..

Cabin lights were dimmed for our arrival into Jakarta (CGK)

Passengers disembarking the aircraft. End of another smooth flight with GA.

Upon our behind-the schedule landing at CGK, we were parked at the international section of the T2, which we were greeted by the new B77W right beside us. Featuring PK-GIE.

There was a CX A333, registered B-HLO is being prepared for a red-eye flight to HKG.

Arrived at the domestic concourse of the T2, note that the floors have not been carpeted like the International section yet.

Crowded baggage claim area as expected.

Seems GA have a new way to tag priority bags, not bad.

Final thoughts of the flight

As one of the world's most improved airline in the history of civil aviation, I'm sure everyone is familiar with Garuda and its underdog tale in the industry. Ever since the improvements they made less than a decade ago, we all expect very much from GA, and I found myself getting really hard to be impressed with them after some flights with them, due to the high expectation we have.

Flights were smooth, snack service was better than the old white boxes they used to have, crew were great and friendly on both ways, ground service was no issue this time. The only drawback was both flights were delayed, but again I'm sure it was the overcrowding in some Indonesian airports to blame.

My experience this time would have tell me that Garuda have definitely did their best on these domestic flight, especially with the incoming competition by another new local full service carrier, Batik Air.

But seems, on my outbound flight to Surabaya, flight GA335 on two days before christmas, their cheerful set of crew would not let me leave without a great impression. Knowing that I won't have much views outside, the In-flight supervisor and his team did not gave up, they offered me a flight deck visit and I was greeted with an enthusiastic set of Captain and F/O. The past cockpit visits I had was requested by me (many were rejected), but being offered was a welcomed gesture.

I found it hard for people to be so enthusiastic after 3 legs of flight and arriving almost midnight, but they did and personally that's more than one enthusiast could have asked for. They are truly a commendable team, and I thanked them for making what was supposed a routine short hop for me into an impressive one.

I hope you enjoyed the trip report, thank you very much for reading.
Any thoughts or questions are welcome, so don't hesitate to leave a reply!

Regards,
Dirktraveller

pokfur

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi Dirktraveller!

Nice short report you got here. Not many of the new and improved Garuda on this website...

I had the chance to fly Garuda last year, shuttling around Indonesia taking 4 flights within 3 days or something like that! I really really enjoyed those flights, and it looks like you did too! The hard product is up to today's standards, with individual IFE even in their domestic 738s (hello Silkair are you listening?! Even your new 738s have no PTVs... Sigh) It's unfortunate that you didn't get the Sky Interior on your flights because I can't gush enough about how much I love them!!! On my 4 flights, I had 2 sky interiors, 1 standard 738, and a classic 735 (with the old-school toilets that dispense blue water and swirl before flushing down i.e non suction)

I much prefer 737s to A320s. How about you? I'm gonna fly on one tomorrow on Ryanair whoop whoop! Ok, not that exciting because 1. it's Ryanair 2. It won't be sky interior  

Quoting dirktraveller (Thread starter):
As I was making my way towards door L1, the In-flight supervisor asked me if I would like a visit to the flight deck.

That's so nice of him! The last time I visited a flight deck was more than 10 years ago before 9/11.

The good thing about SUB is that they have a functioning free Wireless connection at every gate! Something that other airports in this country should follow

I think Jakarta and the new Medan airport has that too! Haha.

Sadly not sitting here this time..

I appreciate how Asian airlines have the habit of putting legit short-haul business-class seats on their single-aisle planes, instead of the block-the-middle-seat European style. These seats look comfortable!

Thanks for sharing this report. I personally do think Garuda is turning itself around and I hope people realise that! And SQ had better start watching out once their Indonesian clientele start returning back to their national carrier heh heh...

pokfur

sultanils

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:27 pm

dirktraveller,

A well done story! There’s certainly thruth in your words as when one expects too much, it can only be a letdown. Apparently not much is to be faulted by GA - well, the delay maybe - as all seemed nice flights with good service all throughout.

Quote:
I found myself in the gate area

Which seems to be quite crowded!

Quote:
After a 10 minutes bus ride

10 mins  Wow! Are you sure you were in CGK and not LHR  

Quote:
the large IFE box on the middle seat

Hmm, judging from the picture that doesn’t look too bad?

Quote:
And did you know, that GA is building is own regional arm called "Explore"?

I didn’t know but now I do   

Quote:
Where's the refreshment?

Yes where was it? No voucher given? If not, then this was obviously not handled too well...

Quote:
Snack consisting of a bread, a cake, and a mini-cup of water.

Well done, looks good and sufficient for this flight.

Sultanils
In thrust we trust.

dirktraveller
Topic Author

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi Pokfur,

Glad to hear from you and thanks for reading (and dropping a reply too).  
Quoting pokfur (Reply 2):
shuttling around Indonesia taking 4 flights within 3 days or something like that! I really really enjoyed those flights

How lucky of you! Nice to hear that all the flights you had were enjoyable.

with individual IFE even in their domestic 738s

Yes, individual IFEs are much an advantage these days. Well an individual IFE is the game, especially with the new Batik Air coming up to compete with GA on domestic sectors.

Silkair are you listening?! Even your new 738s have no PTVs

I have never seen the interior pics of their new 738. But seriously?! That's disappointing.

It's unfortunate that you didn't get the Sky Interior on your flights

Yes, it was quite hard indeed to score a Sky Interior on GA, even after flying them on quite a lot of sectors.

a classic 735 (with the old-school toilets that dispense blue water and swirl before flushing down i.e non suction)

Woah, the only old school toilets I've seen was on the Sriwijaya B735. Haha.

much prefer 737s to A320s. How about you?

I actually have no preference between the two planes. But to be honest ever since Boeing launched the sky interior on the B737, I am more keen on flying a B737.

That's so nice of him!

Indeed, it was a really nice touch that I appreciated really much.

Jakarta and the new Medan airport has that too!

Didn't know about the new Medan airport since I've never been there, but based on previous experiences in CGK I didn't find any free wireless in the public area (of course WiFi are available in the lounge or cafes within the departure area).

appreciate how Asian airlines have the habit of putting legit short-haul business-class seats

Yeah, that is one fact I appreciate to this day (despite flying rarely in J myself) haha.

I personally do think Garuda is turning itself around and I hope people realise that

Indeed, I personally think they did a great job turning themself better, and while it took time I think people do start realising that.

Hi Sultanils,

Quoting sultanils (Reply 3):
A well done story!

Glad to hear from you. Thanks for reading and it was nice to hear that you enjoyed the story.

when one expects too much, it can only be a letdown.

Indeed it is, but especially being impressed is out of the picture.

seemed nice flights with good service all throughout.

The flights were nice and service was good, just as what we expected out of GA.

Which seems to be quite crowded!

The gate was crowded because the gate was used for two flights. Quite expected from CGK.

10 mins Wow! Are you sure you were in CGK and not LHR

Haha, of course it's CGK, probably should be nominated as overcrowded airport of the year!  

Hmm, judging from the picture that doesn’t look too bad?

Well, it was not too bad, but personally speaking I would rather they place it on aisle rather than the middle.

I didn’t know but now I do

Glad to be able sharing some information here.  
Yes where was it? No voucher given? If not, then this was obviously not handled too well

Obviously this wasn't handled too well. The tricky part was "refreshment" displayed only moments before the actual boarding were called, so passengers don't have time to react and queried about their refreshments.

I'm not sure vouchers would work efficiently because in Southeast Asian airports you need to clear another security screening to enter the gate holding room. So if someone would like to buy food/beverage with the vouchers, they need to re-clear the security screening again.

Well done, looks good and sufficient for this flight.

Thumbs up to GA, snack service was indeed sufficient for the short hop!

Once again, thanks for taking the time to read and replying guys.

Regards
Dirktraveller

pokfur

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:54 pm

Heya!

Quoting dirktraveller (Reply 4):
I have never seen the interior pics of their new 738. But seriously?! That's disappointing.

Check out this website: http://www.silkair.com/microsite/Boeing737/index.html and watch the video. They're introducing wifi streaming onto your own device. But in my opinion, that's just being lazy and Scoot-like.

Hopefully I have the chance to fly them on my way to Medan in July, although I'm not holding my breath after watching that video I linked above...

pokfur

PlaneHunter

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:20 am

Hi dirktraveller,

great report with many nice pictures as usual! Another very positive review of Garuda, that carrier doesn't cease to amaze me. What a nice domestic journey you had beetween CGK and SUB - very different from my Lion Air experience...

Blast From The Past: Sriwijaya 732 & Lion Air 739 (by PlaneHunter Mar 7 2012 in Trip Reports)

The In-flight supervisor and another GA flight-attendant in the green kebaya welcomed us aboard. Apparently he was really observant that I brought my camera in my hands.

" He actually like airplanes more (than photography), which is why he always carried the camera everytime we fly."

Learning that fact, the in-flight supervisor was a bit let down (not because I'm an enthusiast) but that there's not much things can be photographed in while we flew in the dark of night.

" I see, you guys should have taken the afternoon flight, the views outside are better"
" Well, I hope you will enjoy the flight, and do let us know if there's anything we can help with."

Very impressive indeed! I love the fact that taking pictures in Indonesia isn't a problem at all.

I was seated in the middle, the large IFE box on the middle seat wouldn't make sitting in the middle better!

It's not that bad!

Thanks very much to the F/O who offered to take a picture of me on his side of the cockpit.

Cool - what a great crew!

Sadly not sitting here this time...

Wow, that's what I call a proper domestic C Class seat...

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

Flightsimboy

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:20 pm

Hey Dirktraveller,

You've done it again. another outstanding report on a rising jewel called "Garuda Indonesia"....

Two stairs were connected to the aircraft, and I boarded through the one connected to door L1. The In-flight supervisor and another GA flight-attendant in the green kebaya welcomed us aboard. Apparently he was really observant that I brought my camera in my hands.

Now that is what I call a great welcome....and frankly only Asian carriers make such a warm welcome possible. Period.
LAX772LR - "Answer to goofy question:" in response to my question about the B737-MAX8 being grounded. 48 hours later all B737-MAX8 grounded worldwide. Go figure!!

dirktraveller
Topic Author

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi Pokfur,

Quoting pokfur (Reply 5):
Check out this website

I've checked on the link you gave, that's disappointing to see Silkair's latest aircraft will not be fitted with IFE on every seat. Surely if they were to compete GA on Indonesian routes not served by SQ, SilkAir have just handed GA an advantage over themselves (the IFE)

Quoting pokfur (Reply 5):
But in my opinion, that's just being lazy and Scoot-like

Yeah, and aren't they suppose to differentiate themselves from LCC carriers. Haha, and yet some people outside Singapore thinks SilkAir is one of the LCC based in Singapore..

Hello PH,

Quoting PlaneHunter (Reply 6):
great report with many nice pictures as usual!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the report.

Another very positive review of Garuda, that carrier doesn't cease to amaze me.

Indeed, the carrier that never ceases many of us, you and I included of course  .

very different from my Lion Air experience

Haha, well that was expected. But I wonder how GA would fare compared to the new Lion Air full-service subsidiary Batik Air. It will surely be interesting to see.

Very impressive indeed! I love the fact that taking pictures in Indonesia isn't a problem at all.

Indeed, it's one of the great thing on flying in Indonesia. While many thought the complete opposite of aviation photography in Indonesia, but I certainly hope that they remain open minded on photography at airports/flights.

It's not that bad!

Great to hear you find it not bad!

Cool - what a great crew!

Yes, indeed a great set of crew.  
proper domestic C Class seat..

That's what I appreciated from Business class product in Asian airlines, despite I myself don't fly on them frequently.

Hi Flightsimboy,

Quoting flightsimboy (Reply 7):
You've done it again. another outstanding report on a rising jewel called "Garuda Indonesia"....

Thank you! Glad to hear you like the report. I certainly agree with Garuda as a "Rising Jewel", which other airlines in the region should really watch out.

Quoting flightsimboy (Reply 7):
Now that is what I call a great welcome....and frankly only Asian carriers make such a warm welcome possible. Period.

It is certainly a great welcome I really much appreciate! I do agree that Asian carriers are better in this aspect. Although I suppose among the Asian carriers itself, there are still handful of them that are being more 'robotic'.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to read and reply everyone! Appreciate it.

Regards,
Dirktraveller.

Ryanair!!!

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 pm

GA has really come a long way, and so many achievements in such a short period too! I am happy whenever I read a GA TR, there hasn't been a negative one about the new-GA as far as I can tell. Glad to see that you added to the slew of positive ones as well! If the price is right, I just might pop over to MEL to try them when I come back to Asia.

Regards
Ryan
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

Thai744

Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:40 am

Nice trip report, Dirk.

Thanks for taking the time to post. GA has done pretty well in the last few years with enhancing their in-flight product, however the same old saying applies after reading about your flights being late:

"What does GARUDA stand for?....... Get A Rest Until Delay Announced"

Nice work - keep writing the reports. Very enjoyable.

dirktraveller
Topic Author

Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi Ryan,

Nice to hear from you, hope you enjoyed the report!

Quoting Ryanair!!! (Reply 9):
am happy whenever I read a GA TR, there hasn't been a negative one about the new-GA as far as I can tell

Indeed, ever since their transformation program commenced, I have never seen a report with negative review on GA so far. Hopefully they are able to maintain the quality that everyone's talking about.

Quoting Ryanair!!! (Reply 9):
If the price is right, I just might pop over to MEL to try them when I come back to Asia.

Nice, looking forward to hear about your Garuda experience. And probably you may consider of taking GA from SYD as well? If the plan goes well, they will be flying B77W with their latest product on the CGK-SYD-CGK route.

Hi Thai744,

Quoting Thai744 (Reply 10):
Nice trip report, Dirk.

Thanks for reading!

GA has done pretty well in the last few years with enhancing their in-flight product

Indeed, they seems to have done a great work transforming themselves.

the same old saying applies after reading about your flights being late

Well from what I see, the unfortunate thing is the same old supporting infrastructure in the country can't keep up with the growth of Garuda Indonesia, resulting in the same old delay!

GARUDA stand for?....... Get A Rest Until Delay Announced"

Haha nice acronym! Hopefully the delay situation won't continue for long..

Nice work - keep writing the reports. Very enjoyable.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the report. I'm planning to write another report here on the forum soon.

Once again, thanks everyone for taking the time to read and reply.

Regards,
Dirktraveller.