Ytraveller
Topic Author

Spain/India • P.1 • 2-5-2 On The AA 772

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Spain/India • P.1 • 2-5-2 on the AA 772

LAS - DFW - MAD

INTRODUCTION

Hola y bienvenido to my latest TR series, covering a grand trip to Spain and India!

This is Part 1 which will cover the first 2 flights of the trip: LAS-DFW on the AA 737-800 and DFW-MAD on an unrefurbished AA 777-200. As always I include info about the destination, so after the flights I'll talk about the first 4 cities visited in Spain: Madrid, Toledo, Córdoba, and Sevilla. Spain is more beautiful than I'd anticipated, and I hope you see that in the pics.

I'll save info about Parts 2 and 3 for later...let's move on to the report! Espero que lo disfrutes. I hope you enjoy it.  

FLIGHT #1: AA 70, LAS-DFW

Date: June 26, 2015
Origin: Las Vegas (LAS), Terminal 1, Gate D10
Left gate: 9:48 am (9:50 sch)
Destination: Dallas (DFW), Terminal A, Gate A15
Arrived at gate: 2:31 pm (2:35 sch)
Duration: 2h 43m

Aircraft: Boeing 737-800, N869NN
Cabin: Y

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © powwwiii
View Large View Medium

Photo © Sebastian Sowa

My parents have for a long time avoided morning departures since you have to get up early. But I always used to enjoy being woken up in the middle of the night and driving off for the airport...I don't know how to explain it. It's better than a night departure, for which you have to go through the entire day waiting and waiting. Anyways...

We got up at 4 am and left for the airport at 6:30, if my memory serves me correctly. Being summer the sky was already getting brighter when we woke up, but it was still a pale orange-pink as we drove off for the airport.

The airport was quite busy this Friday morning. There was a really long line for the Allegiant check-in counters, so long that it snaked outside the terminal! There were a ton of G4 departures that morning, to a bunch of cities I've never even heard of.

The AA area was busy as well, but we snagged a kiosk soon enough. I was surprised we even had to print out the check-in bag tags and put them on ourselves; I've always remembered them doing that at the counter. So we just handed our check-in bags to the rep at the counter and were off.

Making our way to security we passed by the security line for the A and B concourses. It was so long there was a guy with a board indicating where the line started (G4 operates out of Concourse A, so makes sense). Good thing we don't have to get into that line...we're headed to the D concourse. We completed security soon enough and caught a tram to the concourse:

While walking around I noticed a seating area in front of the giant facade of the concourse. What a great place to relax and watch planes! The facade faces runways 25L and R which were active. I got a good view of an NK plane in the new livery for probably the first time:

Eventually it was time to head over to the gate. I spotted this A321 in the lovely new livery taxiing in as Flight 602 from PHX:

And here's our plane. Although I have largely fallen in love with the new livery, I'll never forget the simple yet literally dazzling chrome livery.

Soon we were onboard, making our way toward the end of the aircraft. I love sitting in this part of the aircraft as you get both good views of the wing and of the land below. As I settled in I noticed there were power outlets between all the seats, which I did not expect to see on an AA 737. Also I saw that AA now offers both an English and a Spanish/Portuguese magazine - never seen this before.

Here are some pics I took while we were waiting at the gate:

Soon enough we were climbing up and away! The views were really nice, and I think we might've even passed by the Grand Canyon.

I plugged my phone into the power outlet and pulled out the in-flight magazine. As I flipped through it I was surprised to come upon a picture of an Indian store! Upon further investigation I found out it was part of an article on Chicago's diversity. A nice read.

At our cruising altitude of 38,000 feet, with the barren desert still beneath us:

Gradually the landscape started to change. Some crop circles which always remind me of Texas:

The flight is only 2h 15m in air time, so before we knew it we were beginning our descent into DFW. Spoilers were raised a bit, creating that instantly recognizable sound:

As we got closer to the ground I was amazed by how green the landscape was. We passed by forests, never-ending suburbs, and even some lakes. I already envy DFW for all the int'l airlines it's picked up recently, but now I can envy it only more 

Upon landing we were 'greeted' by a recorded announcement, telling us to remain seated, etc. I don't like this at all; it feels like we've been flown here by a robot. I always love it when the FA welcomes us to the city, giving us the time and weather info, etc...

Anyways, thus commenced a very long taxi to the gate. But there was plenty to see as we taxied. The instant I spotted the Kangaroo I just had to take a pic:

And here's a row of chrome beauties, one after the other:

We even passed by the AA 787   

And here we are parked at Gate A15:

Did I tell you that we had a connection time of only 50 minutes here in DFW? Well despite all the fun I was having during the taxi I was still getting anxious. I'd pulled out my phone to check the gate, then I pulled out the in-flight magazine with its DFW map to see where we had to go.

The moment we entered the terminal we ran to catch the SkyTrain over to Terminal D. It was a long ride, but the views of the apron from up there were amazing. We even got to see our plane...

FLIGHT #2: AA 36, DFW-MAD

Date: June 26, 2015
Origin: Dallas (DFW), Terminal D, Gate D36
Left gate: 4:17 pm (3:25 sch)
Destination: Madrid (MAD), Terminal 4S
Arrived at gate: 8:19 am (+1) (8:00 sch)
Duration: 8h 39m

Aircraft: Boeing 777-200, N762AN
Cabin: Y

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jeremy D. Dando
View Large View Medium

Photo © Yanick Hug

When we reached the gate 3/4 of the passengers had already boarded. Then to my horror I discovered that a school group would be traveling with us! Isn't that ironic, considering I'm a student myself? Well it owes to one negative experience in 2009, flying ORD-PHL with UA. We were flying with a rambunctious group of students. Due to turbulence on our approach into PHL, some of those kids got sick, and the other kids literally yelled to the FAs that their friends were 'barfing.' TMI...

At this perfect time someone in the family had to use the bathroom really bad... I used the time to run over to the window and snap a pic of our aircraft. It's in the new livery, which, as much as I love it, I don't really like on the 777-200:

We ended up being among the very last to board, behind the school group. As I'd expected they were seated in the very back of the plane, and we were seated just ahead of them... Wait, how did we end up sitting here?

Naturally we'd booked the trip several months in advance, through some travel website I've never heard of before. Well things got messed up in AA's reservation system, and we couldn't reserve seats for this flight. We called the website, AA, and even IB who was codesharing the flight, but they couldn't do anything. Finally, a week before departure, we called AA to discover there was a separate confirmation code for this flight! Using it we could select seats, but by now all the seats were taken...

Moral of the story: if you're going to use a travel website, make sure it's a good, well-established one!

Well here we are, we made it to our connecting flight! I settled into my seat and looked around to get a feel for this aircraft. PTV's pretty small, and there's a projector on the bulkhead...how retro! Meanwhile the exit signs are in both English and Chinese...guess we know where this plane is designed to fly.

The captain came on the intercom to tell us he just had some 'paperwork' to complete, then we'd be on our way. Well then another announcement came, telling us maintenance had to take care of an issue. Then another announcement: a plane in MAD needs a part, and it'll take 15min for the part to be loaded onboard...

Finally everything was taken care of and we began taxiing to the runway, nearly an hour late. To my astonishment the people on my right left the window shade closed for take-off!    No announcement was made to keep the shades open, but the fact that someone would choose not to look outside during one of the most exciting parts of a flight is mind-boggling. I should be sitting at the window...   

As we climbed to cruising altitude the entertainment system was switched on. It's just as I'd remembered it...AA used to have a online simulation of the PTV on their then-flagship 777s. I had explored this simulation back when AA flew ORD-DEL, a route I was fascinated by. For a time it was one of the only nonstops between the US and India.

I navigated my way to the movie I wanted to watch and discovered that the entertainment system wasn't on-demand! There was an option either to watch the movie from the point it was at, or to wait 20 minutes until the 'next showing'. Oh well, I'll wait...

I went over to the 'AA Info' section, but everything was unfortunately 'coming soon' (yeah right). But then we hit some heavy turbulence, so heavy that some people sort of screamed. Now that was some good entertainment 

I was watching the movie when dinner arrived. I think there was an option between chicken and pasta, and I went for the pasta. It was too cheesy for me. Meanwhile the bread roll was pretty cold, and the cheese that came with the crackers didn't taste great. At least the dessert, a brownie, tasted delicious!

After finishing the movie I explored the other categories of the 'Video' section. I found a nice Rick Steves documentary on Palestine. As we left North America for our transatlantic crossing I decided to get some sleep, so I'd be ready to explore Madrid the next morning.

Unfortunately I couldn't sleep too well, which made for a dreadful few hours. Here we are inching our way across the ocean:

As we neared the Iberian coast it came time for breakfast. Boxes were handed out which contained a rather cold muffin, yogurt, granola, and dried berries. It ain't a hearty English breakfast, but I did enjoy making a yogurt parfait.

For whatever reason the PTVs got reset, so the map now showed us having started on the tip of Portugal. If only the flight were that short!

The day before I had watched a YouTube video of a wing view landing at MAD, so I wouldn't feel as bad not being next to the window  The people on my right finally lifted up the window shade, and I was able to catch some glimpses of the arid landscape. As we neared the runway I prepared for the notoriously hard 777 landing, but we landed remarkably smoothly.

I also already knew about the wavy, colorful architecture of Terminal 4S, but it was still a sight to behold. The support bars and wooden ceiling remind me of KUL.

It was a long walk to immigration, but immigration itself went by quickly. (On a related note, I was surprised we didn't have to complete a landing card.) Then we headed to baggage claim. Those light discs on the right ceiling remind me of LHR:

Ytraveller
Topic Author

RE: Spain/India • P.1 • 2-5-2 On The AA 772

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Spain, Part I

To cover the biggest things Spain has to offer, which are quite spread out, we decided to take an organized tour. As I mentioned earlier, the first 4 cities we visited were Madrid, Toledo, Córdoba, and Sevilla.

MADRID

Since we'd arrived at 8 am and the tour introduction wasn't until the evening, we had the whole day to explore Madrid. Our guide, who was already present at the hotel to greet us, recommended the Palacio Real, the Royal Palace. Spain has its own royal family, and the Palacio Real is where they meet foreign dignitaries, etc. The interiors are lavish as ever!

The next day we visited the famous Museo del Prado with the tour group. The museum contains many fine paintings, but the only one I could recognize was Saturn Devouring His Son.

We departed the city on Monday morning, so traffic was to be expected. This picture was taken near Atocha railway station:

TOLEDO

Toledo is a beautiful town just an hour from Madrid. The Tagus River snakes around it like a moat:

The Cathedral is just as beautiful, richly decorated (as I found nearly all cathedrals across Spain) and home to some dazzling treasures.

And on a completely unrelated note, here's an Indian car I spotted in the town! (By the way, the building in the background is the Monastery of Saint John of the Kings.)

CÓRDOBA

To break up the long drive from Madrid to Sevilla, we stopped in Córdoba. I was very excited to visit the city's main attraction, the Mosque/Cathedral, as I'd learned about it in history class and loved the arches of the interior. It's the first big remnant we saw of Spain's conquest by the Arabs, way back in 711 CE.

No matter what religion, the architecture's bound to be amazing! Compare these pics of the Islamic side and the Christian side of the Mosque/Cathedral:

SEVILLA

First thing in the morning we visited the Plaza de España, which was built for the 1929 Ibero-American Expo. It's been featured in the movies Lawrence of Arabia and Star Wars. We arrived before the sun had risen over the building, so we got to explore the place in the cool shade. What a break from the heat wave Spain had been experiencing   

Then we went to the Alcázar. It was constructed by Christian kings who employed Arab architects, thus it features both Christian and Muslim designs. This picture shows them side-by-side:

Now on to the Cathedral:

This has to be one of the most intricate pieces of...whatever it is...I've ever seen:

We also climbed the some 200 steps to the top of the bell tower. The city looks beautiful from above, and you can spot probably one of Spain's only skyscrapers!

CONCLUSION

Flying over with American Airlines was...OK. We had nice captains on both flights who kept us informed of things, but the FAs were average. No smiles, finished meals collected without a word. The entertainment system not being on-demand was another let-down, but the selection of things to watch was ample. All in all, it was an average experience.

On the other hand, I had an excellent first impression of Spain. What lavish cathedrals! Meanwhile the architectural contributions of the Arabs are just as stunning; these are things you cannot find anywhere else in Europe. Spain really stands out in this respect.

We've still got 3 more cities in Spain to cover, then a flying experience that more than trumps the one I had with AA. Can you guess the city and airline in the pics below?

Muchísimas gracias for reading and feel free to drop a comment!

- Ytraveller  

TWA757

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:53 am

Great report! I like your balance of pictures and text.

Sorry about the outdated 777, but it sounds like you had a great time in Spain!

mfc

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:27 am

Hi Ytraveller!

Thank you for this report! The 777 looks so outdated, those PTVs are tiny, but I think it's still better than flying an AA 763.
I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Spain, it's always interesting to see pics of my hometown Madrid and comments from visitors.

Quoting Ytraveller (Thread starter):
For whatever reason the PTVs got reset, so the map now showed us having started on the tip of Portugal

That's actually Galicia, a region of Spain  
Those light discs on the right ceiling remind me of LHR:

Madrid's T4 and Heathrow's T5 were designed by the same architect: Richard Rogers. I prefer the T4 as the wooden ceilings or the marble floors really make a difference, in the T5 everything looks grey and dull.

Can you guess the city and airline in the pics below?

Of course I do, it's Valencia. I really like that city. No clue about the second pic though.

Looking forward to reading your next reports!

Rgds,

Martin
So, we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:46 am

Nice trip report!! Middle seats suck no matter how you slice it.

I think you're thinking of the 767's reputation for hard landings as the 777 is quite good in that regard. But what fun is that??
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Ytraveller
Topic Author

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi TWA757,

Quoting TWA757 (Reply 2):
Great report! I like your balance of pictures and text.

Sorry about the outdated 777, but it sounds like you had a great time in Spain!

Thank you   I did indeed.

Hi mfc,

Quoting mfc (Reply 3):
Thank you for this report! The 777 looks so outdated, those PTVs are tiny, but I think it's still better than flying an AA 763.

You're welcome! It is outdated, but thankfully AA is refurbishing their 777-200 fleet. Definitely better than flying on a PTV-less 767 though.

Quoting mfc (Reply 3):
That's actually Galicia, a region of Spain

Thanks for the correction. I should've known after seeing La Coruña with the tilde on the n.

Quoting mfc (Reply 3):
Madrid's T4 and Heathrow's T5 were designed by the same architect: Richard Rogers. I prefer the T4 as the wooden ceilings or the marble floors really make a difference, in the T5 everything looks grey and dull.

Interesting. I agree, the wooden ceilings give the terminal an open and natural feel.

Quoting mfc (Reply 3):
Of course I do, it's Valencia. I really like that city. No clue about the second pic though.

Correct! For the second pic you need to focus on the ATC tower in the background.

Hi jpetekyxmd80,

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 4):
Nice trip report!! Middle seats suck no matter how you slice it.

Thanks! I completely agree. After that flight I learned that from now on I must always sit at the window   

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 4):
I think you're thinking of the 767's reputation for hard landings as the 777 is quite good in that regard. But what fun is that??

Yeah, maybe. I guess I was thinking about some YouTube videos I've watched showing how the 777 just sort of comes down onto the runway. But if it's the 767 that's notorious for hard landings then I can verify that, as the last flight of the trip was on a 763 and we came down hard!

Gracias for all the comments,
- Ytraveller

SCQ83

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Nice report.

Isn't it Malaga Airport? I would say AGP-VLC on Air Nostrum.

lesfalls

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Hey YTraveller  

Great TR  
I am also in Europe at the moment (will post TR later in the week). What was the load? Was the ticket expensive?

Anyways great TR and thanks for posting  

Can't wait for part 2!
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen mehr.

Ytraveller
Topic Author

Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi SCQ83,

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 6):
Nice report.

Isn't it Malaga Airport? I would say AGP-VLC on Air Nostrum.

Thanks   Unfortunately it is not; I guess I should've given some hints. We're flying out of Spain (not back home though) on a 'popular' global airline....  

Hi lesfalls,

Quoting Lesfalls (Reply 7):

Great TR
I am also in Europe at the moment (will post TR later in the week). What was the load? Was the ticket expensive?

Thank you! Judging by some of your other posts I'm guessing you're in HAM? For the Y cabin at least the load was close to 100%, with only a few open middle-column seats in the rear cabin. The flight wasn't too expensive.

Quoting Lesfalls (Reply 7):
Can't wait for part 2!

Unfortunately it might take a while as I'll be a bit busy...but when I do get the time it'll be out quickly!

Thanks for the comments,
- Ytraveller  

mfc

Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Quoting Ytraveller (Reply 8):
Thanks   Unfortunately it is not; I guess I should've given some hints. We're flying out of Spain (not back home though) on a 'popular' global airline....  

It's a 777 wing and given your hint I guess it is Emirates. And since the title of your report I'd say somewhere in India. EK flies to so many destinations in India that I couldn't say one. Maybe Delhi?
So, we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past

Ytraveller
Topic Author

Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:54 pm

Quoting mfc (Reply 9):
It's a 777 wing and given your hint I guess it is Emirates. And since the title of your report I'd say somewhere in India. EK flies to so many destinations in India that I couldn't say one. Maybe Delhi?

I completely forgot about my title! Well that's a big clue - and you're close. It is a 777 belonging to Emirates in India...but it's not in DEL. I'll just give it away: it's BLR. I guess you'd need to be pretty familiar with this *relatively* small airport to recognize its ATC tower.

- Ytraveller  

LTU932

Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:09 pm

It was a long walk to immigration, but immigration itself went by quickly. (On a related note, I was surprised we didn't have to complete a landing card.)

AFAIK, entering the Schengen-area as non-EU citizen, you don't need a landing card. Only if you travel as non-EU citizen via the UK you'd need one for the UK Border.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Ytraveller
Topic Author

Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:21 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 11):
AFAIK, entering the Schengen-area as non-EU citizen, you don't need a landing card. Only if you travel as non-EU citizen via the UK you'd need one for the UK Border.

Thanks for the info. All this EU, Schengen, non-Schengen stuff sounds complicated but I guess it makes things easier in the end!

- Ytraveller

CPDC10-30

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:38 am

Finally, a week before departure, we called AA to discover there was a separate confirmation code for this flight! Using it we could select seats, but by now all the seats were taken..

If you have that problem again, try using checkmytrip.com. It will usually show any additional confirmation codes.

Ytraveller
Topic Author

Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:30 am

Quoting CPDC10-30 (Reply 13):
If you have that problem again, try using checkmytrip.com. It will usually show any additional confirmation codes.

Thanks for the link. Although I probably won't be using that travel website I used again...

- Ytraveller

jacobchoi

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:19 am

It is not Chinese but Japanese

kann123air

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:24 am

Hi Ytraveller! Nice report, thanks for sharing. I've always loved the AA 772, despite how dated its interior is.
Going for great

Ytraveller
Topic Author

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:41 am

Hi JacobChoi,

Quoting JacobChoi (Reply 15):

Thanks for the correction. I find it hard to differentiate between the two when I only see complex characters.

Hi Amrit,

Quoting kann123air (Reply 16):

Hi Ytraveller! Nice report, thanks for sharing. I've always loved the AA 772, despite how dated its interior is.

Thanks   I've always loved it as well, only maybe the outside more... It has the perfect dimensions to showcase the magnificent chrome livery (as I said I don't really like it in the new livery).

Thanks for commenting,
- Ytraveller  

jacobchoi

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:51 am

Quoting Ytraveller (Reply 17):

Hi JacobChoi,

Quoting JacobChoi (Reply 15):

Thanks for the correction. I find it hard to differentiate between the two when I only see complex characters.

You're welcome - Love the trip report. I just took an LX343 and thought those PTVs were old... BTW, I loved your concise report - but it would have better if I could have seen a picture of the 2-5-2 cabin as it is such a rarity.

toby25

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:15 am

Hi very colourful TR, i enjoyed reading it. I have only flown with AA on domestic US flights and they are fine. With only a tight connection at DFW did your luggage arrive in MAD? I have a flight booked from BOS to IAH via CLT with only a 47 minute connection so freaked out if my luggage will arrive in IAH. Some of the connection time I have seen are scary, one was for less than 30 minutes!

Anyway look forward to your other reports!
Gracias!
Toby
Seriously dude! I swear!

Ytraveller
Topic Author

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi again JacobChoi,

Quoting JacobChoi (Reply 18):
You're welcome - Love the trip report. I just took an LX343 and thought those PTVs were old... BTW, I loved your concise report - but it would have better if I could have seen a picture of the 2-5-2 cabin as it is such a rarity.

Thank you! Never knew the PTVs on LX A340s were 'ancient', that must be bad on their long-long-hauls to LAX, SFO, etc. And sorry about not getting a pic of the whole cabin! I found one in the database though:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Ben Wang

Hi Toby,

Quoting toby25 (Reply 19):
Hi very colourful TR, i enjoyed reading it.

Thanks  

I have only flown with AA on domestic US flights and they are fine.

I have as well a few times, and I agree. But if only 'fine' meant it's the likes of CX, etc. on their regional flights!   

With only a tight connection at DFW did your luggage arrive in MAD? I have a flight booked from BOS to IAH via CLT with only a 47 minute connection so freaked out if my luggage will arrive in IAH.

Yes, all 4 pieces (yes, 4). We did have that delay once onboard the aircraft; don't know if that affected it. But I'm pretty sure your bags will all come through.

Anyway look forward to your other reports!
Gracias!
Toby

I was a 1/4 through the second report when I had to go away again (another secret   ). It might take another week or so...really sorry! But I will get right to it once I return. And ¡de nada!

Thanks for the comments,
- Ytraveller

VapourTrails

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:32 am

Hi Ytraveller, thank you for an entertaining read. Great photos to go with the narrative, your style of writing is very good.

The photos taken in Spain really showed how warm it was!

Then to my horror I discovered that a school group would be traveling with us! Isn't that ironic, considering I'm a student myself? Well it owes to one negative experience in 2009, flying ORD-PHL with UA. We were flying with a rambunctious group of students. Due to turbulence on our approach into PHL, some of those kids got sick, and the other kids literally yelled to the FAs that their friends were 'barfing.' TMI...

Yes, I have had a similar experience on a flight or two, only - thank goodness! Save that kind of stuff for the school bus!

We ended up being among the very last to board, behind the school group. As I'd expected they were seated in the very back of the plane, and we were seated just ahead of them... Wait, how did we end up sitting here?

Hey, I know I, or we, were that young once, but I didn't go on plane journeys for school trips, so I may be a little bit envious here, perhaps....  

=

[Edited 2015-08-24 23:48:15]

kurt

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Nice report! Spain is great. We went there last year. Here's a report with a few airline photos:

Spain in September

I flew in Y DFW-SCL on the AA 772 last month - no Main Cabin Extra but the flight was OK.

Aaron747

Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:57 am

Meanwhile the exit signs are in both English and Chinese

Very nice report - glad you guys had a good time! And yes, the sign is Japanese. It's 'hijoguchi'.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Ytraveller
Topic Author

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:24 am

Hi VapourTrails,

Quoting VapourTrails (Reply 21):
Hi Ytraveller, thank you for an entertaining read. Great photos to go with the narrative, your style of writing is very good.

Thank you!  

The photos taken in Spain really showed how warm it was!

Indeed; I remember in Córdoba or somewhere it was 43 C. Everyone else on the tour was fascinated but unfortunately for me it was nothing new! In fact it's 34 C here right now.

Hey, I know I, or we, were that young once, but I didn't go on plane journeys for school trips, so I may be a little bit envious here, perhaps....

Well, those int'l school trips are usually quite expensive. I used to always want to travel on one, but I figured I'd rather be with my family instead!

Hi kurt,

Quoting kurt (Reply 22):
Nice report! Spain is great. We went there last year. Here's a report with a few airline photos:

Thanks......but your report is great as well! Loved all the pictures! You should post your TRs on A.net.

So you were there during the Scottish 'crisis', and I was there during the Greek crisis! I think it was the first day of the tour that the news broke out about the 60 euro ATM limit. Anyways, that paella is making my mouth water and I wish I visited Park Güell!

Quoting kurt (Reply 22):
I flew in Y DFW-SCL on the AA 772 last month - no Main Cabin Extra but the flight was OK.

Yeah....AA 772s do the job but not much else (at least the non-refurbished ones).

Hi Aaron747,

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 23):
Very nice report - glad you guys had a good time! And yes, the sign is Japanese. It's 'hijoguchi'.

Thanks! Also thanks for the correction.

Thanks everyone for commenting,
- Ytraveller