Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ILoveFigures
Topic Author

Kenya Airways From NBO To SEZ (incl. Video)

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:09 am

Kenya Airways Boeing 737-7U8

5Y-KQH Star Alliance Livery

Flight date: 12 January 2016

Operating as KQ250 from NBO to SEZ

I would like to thank the four lovely flight attendants operating this flight. They displayed great hospitality and politeness, yet reserved, towards all passengers. Inflight service included a hot towel service, lunch, two rounds of drinks and duty free sales. Their inflight magazine called Msafari was a good read, and had lots of information about the airline and things to do in Africa. The IFE was overhead monitors in the aisle, but from where I was sitting it was hard to see. I did not watch most of it anyway, as it was quite the clear sky above Kenya.

The flight from Nairobi to Seychelles took roughly 3 hours, and brought us over Kenya and the Indian Ocean before arriving at Mahe Island, where SEZ and the capital Victoria are located. The flight was somewhat delayed out of NBO as one of the tires had to be replaced. Except for the bumpy take-off from NBO, the flight was very smooth. The entire experience traveling intra-Africa like this was so calm compared to the rush of the European skies. The load was very light. I did not ask, but I would say roughly 40%.

Overall, it was a real pleasure flying KQ. Unfortunately, they are very expensive compared to their main rival ET. I searched quite a lot, because I also wanted to try them from Europe to Nairobi. But, they were 2-3 times more expensive than ET, so my choice was clear. Except for the ticket price, I really do recommend them, and I hope they will survive into the further despite their financial problems.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEjqSJZEUdo

Ytraveller

RE: Kenya Airways From NBO To SEZ (incl. Video)

Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:57 am

Thanks for the video and a look at Kenya Airways' medium haul product. Nice to hear the FAs were good and the meal service sounds bountiful!

Thanks for sharing,
Ytraveller

lychemsa

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:33 am

Did you like the Seychelles? If I am correct the best time to go there is in the summer? June / July.

ILoveFigures
Topic Author

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Quoting ytraveller (Reply 1):
Thanks for the video and a look at Kenya Airways' medium haul product. Nice to hear the FAs were good and the meal service sounds bountiful!

Thank you for reading and watching. If only KQ would have been cheaper or at least on par with their main rivals, I would most certainly choose them again.

Quoting lychemsa (Reply 2):
Did you like the Seychelles? If I am correct the best time to go there is in the summer? June / July.

I absolutely loved it! The Seychelles must be the most beautiful country I have ever visited. However, I recommend you to not go there in January like I did. It's the rainy season, and it can rain quite a lot.

lychemsa

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:58 pm

LOL I noticed it was raining in your video. I read summer is the best.

Did you go to Praslin? However the 2 shark attacks 5 years ago on the same beach makes me somewhat nervous. It was on Anse Lanzio beach which is considered one of the most beautiful in the world.

winGl3t

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Quoting ILoveFigures (Thread starter):
5Y-KQH Star Alliance Livery

Wouldn't it be SkyTeam Livery?  

ILoveFigures
Topic Author

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Quoting lychemsa (Reply 4):
Did you go to Praslin?

I did, and flew a Twin Otter there. A video has been posted  
Quoting winGl3t (Reply 5):
Wouldn't it be SkyTeam Livery?

My bad.    Of course it's supposed to say SkyTeam, not Star Alliance.