Topic Author

Widerøe From FDE To OSL

Wed May 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Widerøe

de Havilland Canada DHC 8-100

LN-WIB

Flight date: 16 April 2016

Operating as WF188 from FDE to OSL

One of up to 5 daily flights between Førde, the largest city in the county of Sogn og Fjordane in Western Norway, and the capital of OSL, WF188 departed FDE on a beautiful Saturday morning for a 55 minutes flight to OSL.

I arrived about 1 hour before scheduled departure, although in FDE this is completely unnecessary. The airport is tiny, and is only serviced by WF with flights to OSL and BGO. The airport is located somewhat out of town, in an area called Bringeland. I was the first to check-in, and the remaining passengers did not arrive until 30-10 minutes before departure.

I was 3rd in line when boarding began. WF has free seating on all domestic flights, so if you want a window seat be ready to be among the first to board. There was a tiny walk to the aircraft, where everyone was greeted by the very lovely flight attendant. Today's flight was going to be full.

The doors were soon closed, engines started and we taxied towards the runway while the flight attendant performed her safety demonstration. It took awhile before we could take-off as the safety demonstration had yet to finish. Once she was done, we soon took-off westwards before turning left, heading towards OSL over the beautiful mountainous landscape surrounding FDE.

It was a bright sunny day, and spectacular views of the Norwegian fjords were on display. The flight attendant soon started her inflight service, where she sold food and beverages listed in the menu card in the seat pocket. I opted for the pringles as I was quite hungry. Once this service was completed, she offered everyone complimentary chocolate. A nice offer by WF. She continued to chat with passengers, as most of them had attended the European Weightlifting Championships during the week.

We started approach to OSL while the clouds appeared. The Captain warned us of a somewhat bumpy approach, which indeed turned out to be very true for roughly 3-4 minutes over Branderud north of OSL. The rest of the approach and landing was smooth however.

Most, if not all, of WF´s domestic flights park at the end of the domestic concourse at OSL, which means quite a long walk. I had no bags with me for this flight, but once I arrived in the baggage claim area, the monitors said the bags were already on the belt. Very efficient indeed, which is not always the case.

All in all it was a very nice flight, and the crew did an excellent job bringing us all from Førde to Oslo. I would really like to recommend WF. They take you basically wherever you want to go in Norway, and they have an all Dash 8 fleet, including all versions. I also made a movie from the flight. Check it out in the link below if you are interested  www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2O52AbWG2Y

saleya22r

RE: Widerøe From FDE To OSL

Thu May 12, 2016 7:43 am

Thank you for sharing, I flew OSL-FDE-OSL some years ago, of course with a Dash8! Good video, very nice views in good weather.

L0VE2FLY

Thu May 12, 2016 11:04 pm

Not a big fan of TRs without pix but I did enjoy your video, well done.

ILoveFigures
Topic Author

Sun May 15, 2016 10:19 am

Quoting saleya22r (Reply 1):
Thank you for sharing, I flew OSL-FDE-OSL some years ago, of course with a Dash8! Good video, very nice views in good weather.

Thank you! It was a very nice day for flying. Flying over the fjords in clear blue skies doesn't happen to me too often, unfortunately.

Quoting L0VE2FLY (Reply 2):
Not a big fan of TRs without pix but I did enjoy your video, well done.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I'll try to include photos next time.