Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TheGov
Topic Author

Biggest Train Wreck Aka Worst TV Show

Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:43 am

So, what show would you cast your vote for as the biggest train wreck on TV? The Anna Nicole Show on E! or Nick and Jessica/Newlyweds on MTV?

As for me, it is a really close race, but I think Nick and Jessica just might be the winners!!

Can you spell d-i-v-o-r-c-e ???!!
Always a pallbearer, never a corpse.

KYIPpilot

RE: Biggest Train Wreck Aka Worst TV Show

Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:47 am

Any of these "Reality Shows" ie The Bachelor, Joe Millionare. I think they are scripted to a degree, also.
"It starts when you're always afraid; You step out of line, the man come and take you away" -Buffalo Springfield

ybacpa

Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:38 am

any 'formula' sitcom...
i.e. two parents, two bratty kids, some annoying relatives that are always visiting, a rude neighbor, etc.
SkyTeam: The alliance for third rate airlines finally getting their act together!

EA CO AS

Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:40 am

A columnist recently described Jessica Simpson as someone who "was obviously raised by a pack of French Poodles."  Big grin
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

VectorVictor

Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:34 pm

The American version of the fantastic British show "Coupling".

The NBC people involved with this production should be blindfolded and shot at sunrise...at the very least never, ever allowed to work in television again and be forced to due 1,000 hrs. of community service for their crime of destroying the original with their cheap, despicable copy.  Smile

desertjets

Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:50 pm

I LOVE Newlyweds.

I find it enjoyable to find out that really famous people are simply incompetent at the mundane shit of everyday life. Did you see that episode where they hired the maid and didn't know what to pay her. And earlier just watching Jessica deal with doing her laundry. She just sat on her butt all day long just staring at the pile of dirty clothes.

And the tuna fish/chicken thing is now just classic.

But all can be forgiven b/c Jessica is very easy on the eyes... plus a natural beauty as well, who doesn't need make up to look good.

Who could hate that face??
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

wgw2707

Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:01 pm

I could-most girls I see on the street are more aesthetically pleasing than Jessica Simpson. Just another cheap Hollywood actress, all flash and glitter, with no substance or true elegance...

-WGW2707

JAL777

Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:38 pm

The American version of the fantastic British show "Coupling".

The NBC people involved with this production should be blindfolded and shot at sunrise...at the very least never, ever allowed to work in television again and be forced to due 1,000 hrs. of community service for their crime of destroying the original with their cheap, despicable copy.

You'll be happy to know that the show has been cancelled (temporarily). It is quiet possibly the worst show, ever. The fact that they can't make a joke on a subject other then sex (and there jokes about sex were mediocre at best), just indicates a complete lack of writing talen.

jcs17

Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:40 pm

Worst show ever...Friends. Nothing will ever be able to top that.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

bobrayner

Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:00 pm

What do you mean, "who could hate that face"?

Get rid of the cosmetics and she's just an average-looking girl.
Admittedly, she's skinny with big tits, but how else could she get on screen?
Cunning linguist

KROC

Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:16 pm

Any Soccer Game being shown on T.V. Although thankfully that isn't much of a problem here in the States!

UALPHLCS

Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:41 am

I agree Coupling is The WORST of this season. But the Worst EVER has to go hands down to David Lynch's "What the @#&%!" show "Twin Peaks"

Could someone tell me why that show was watched?

I took part in the pilot testing of the show and said I hated every minute of it. Why it got past the pilot I'll never know.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:40 am

Any Soccer Game being shown on T.V. Although thankfully that isn't much of a problem here in the States!

Seriously! I've never seen any sport in more dire need of a shot clock in my life. SOMEBODY SHOOT ALREADY!!!
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

andersjt

Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:47 am

As a big fan of BBC's "Coupling" I will admit disappointment in the NBC pilot; however, the next 3 were not that bad. It is difficult to try and Americanize a British sitcom. The difficulty I had was trying not to focus on the differences between the American and British characters.

The best character in the British version is Jeff, and the American version missed the mark here.

NBC's "Coupling" is a miss, but that has been expected for a long time. The Wall Street Journal wrote about it 2 or 3 times. However, there are new and existing shows that are far worse. For me, it is that mess with Christine Baranksi and John Larroquette, and "Whoopi" herself wants her own show to die.
Oh how I long for the day when the skies were truly Friendly!

srbmod

Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:25 am

Thankfully the show that probably would have been the mother of all train wrecks never left the station. Liza Minnelli's show with her soon-to-be-e"husband" show would have made "The Anna Nicole Smith Show" look like "Masterpiece Theatre".