I take 2 a day for back pain..helps me sleep. However, I think I'm getting too
attached to it..

anybody else take it regularly?

Jim
What a long strange trip it's been

Thumper

RE: Vicodin

Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:49 pm

My wife takes it and it works great for her.I take it and it does nothing for me! I take Amitriptyline and it works Great!

clrd2go
Topic Author

Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:54 pm

It does help the back pain, no question about that and enables me to sleep..the
doc isn't worried about me being hooked on it..after an hour driving home in traffic, it sure helps the back and knocks me out at bed time..kinda hinders my
family life, though

Jim
What a long strange trip it's been

Superfly

Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:03 pm

A few years ago I dislocated a disc in my lower back. That was painful and I was on Vicodin and Codeine. That stuff is very addictive!
It made me extremely horny for some reason.
I took it for only 5 days but I had two weeks worth of pills. I don’t like being drugged.
Bring back the Concorde

KYIPpilot

Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:06 pm

I don’t like being drugged.

Really? Hmm, surprising.  Laugh out loud  Big grin
"It starts when you're always afraid; You step out of line, the man come and take you away" -Buffalo Springfield

Superfly

Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:11 pm

KYIPpilot:
Drugs & booze is a sure way to lose.  Big grin

OK well booze is fine and marijuana is NOT a drug. It's only 'classified' as a drug as an attempt to weed out free thinkers in our society.

Back to topic; take care of yourself and always think about your back when lifting heavy objeccts and get plenty of exercise and sex.
Bring back the Concorde

regupilot

Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:21 pm

So Vicodin is for real??? I though it was a make up for SPAM. I get about 160 SMAM mail DAILY!!! on Vicodin, written in all sort of forms you can imagine.

theCoz

Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:30 pm

Soma (Clarisprodol)...(I think I spelled that right) is sometimes used for back pain. It's a muscle relaxant. It is also known to be addictive, but not to the degree that Vicodin is. You may want to ask your doctor about it and see what he/she has to say.

OK well booze is fine and marijuana is NOT a drug. It's only 'classified' as a drug as an attempt to weed out free thinkers in our society.

Marijuana is a psychoactive drug, as well as an analgesic. Its classification is a bit ridiculous though. Didn't Alaska try and legalize it in small amounts during the vote?

MxCtrlr

Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:41 pm

I have an "open-ended" prescription for Vicodin. I only take it when I REALLY need it (like this morning when I went to bed, along with two Skelaxin, due to my lower back being out on the right side). It helps quite a bit!

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

concord977

Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:03 pm

Vicodin, Tylenol #3 w/ codeine and Hydrocodone are all the same thing. They are an over-the-counter analgesic mixed with various amounts of codeine.

Codeine is addictive - not in some people, but in ALL people (with enough use). When used often, your body builds up a resistance to the pain-killing effect, which then requires you to take more and more to dull the pain.

Such pain killers are not intended to be taken over extended periods of time. And it never intended to be used as a sleeping aid.

Matthew Perry and Michael Jackson both had serious vicodin addictions. Rush Limbaugh started with vicodin and eventually graduated to Oxycontin, which is a much stronger version of the same thing.

One of the most serious side-effects from abusing Vicodin is something called "acute renal nephropathy". Essentially it kills your kidneys.

This stuff is way serious and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.
No info

cannibalz3

Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:27 am

I took hydocodone after my wisdom teeth were removed, god it helped with the pain. It made me feel great, very relaxed, completely painless. Due to some complications I was taking it more or less constantly for 4 days, and by the end of that time there was a serious decrease in what one pill could do. After that I refused to take anymore and stuck to OTC medicines. Stuff works wonders when necessary but keep in mind that resistance builds quickly, addiction is very easy to fall into with this drug. Moderate.